A sad story?

A couple of weeks ago we found a dead cat and nearby 3 very small kittens - we rescued them and are currently feeding them but they are very small and timid. My major concern is that in early May we will be away for nearly 5 months and I'm not sure if the kittens will be able to hunt for food for themselves not having had a mother to teach them (but I'm not a cat expert). We live in a remote location and do not have neighbours we can rely on to feed them.

Does anyone know of a re-homing/rescue centre in Nakhon Ratchasima (city) area?

Thanks

you can try facebook groups, just post the same information, and someone could help, lots of thais use the groups, and might know groups near you, there will be plenty ones i don't know, not to mention the local groups, here are some i remember, similar names:

Bangkok Pet lovers

Pets in Thailand lost/found

Pet lovers in Bangkok

Thailand animal adoption

Paws in Bangkok( cat group)

• Like 1

You are doing the right thing in looking for a solution, a few years ago we found 2 kittens near our house, 1 unfortunately was beyond saving but we rescued one. Not really a cat person but they appeared very young.

The one we "saved" unfortunately died of a virus only a few months later, perhaps a consequence of being separated from mother too young and not getting anti-bodies via mum's milk.

Some good suggestions above, I would also add-in simply contacting your local vet(s), I am sure they will have a network of people for such situations. My vet in Bangkok even introduced me to an owl expert to take over rehabilitation, when I found one injured in my garden.

Thanks everybody the kittens seem to be thriving at the moment but unfortunately they now see us as their mother and follow us around. we've cordened off an area of the garden and let them roam in the day although they are timid at the moment. We are hopeful they will grow and be able to take care of themselves soon.