Satit Udomseuksa School

tomster

Any recent info on this school - I'm thinking of putting my kids there in May (3 year old in the nursery and 6 year old in P1).

It's less than 5 minutes drive from my house so the school run or lack of it is a massive plus, would be great to hear from any parents with kids there currently what they think of it.

Thanks in advance.

No firsthand knowledge, but my neighbor's daughter, 6, has been going there for several years and seems to be getting a good education. She's been progressing at a rapid pace, I can tell you. She's quite smart.

Edited by BigStar
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, BigStar said:

No firsthand knowledge, but my neighbor's daughter, 6, has been going there for several years and seems to be getting a good education. She's been progressing at a rapid pace, I can tell you. She's quite smart.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Is it Udomsuksa school in Bangkok, Lardprao 92? That makes school in Pattaya a branch or affiliate or some frenchise? The Bangkok's one is just horrible both so-called English program and some uber -advanced English program. 

My son went there for 7 yrs English Program. Good discipline and administration but relies on Phillipine english speakers with only a handful of real english tutors and despite promises does not get pupils up to GCSE standard. If they paid better they could get pupils up to a standard fit to take GCSEs at the British Council. 

• Like 1

My son also went there for 6 years. He was very happy there, and it seemed very well run.

He was in the Thai school, not the international. He had been to 3 different schools in Bkk before, International and bi-lingual. He was happiest here at Satit. Acceptable prices too.

He also had no problems getting into university after he finished. 

• Like 2

OP, just in case you haven't considered other choices in the vicinity - just across on the other side of Sukhumvit (about 5 minutes drive) is another bilingual school, Phoenix Wittaya.

Some friends who live on the darkside are about to switch their child's schooling next term, not because of anything bad at Satit U per se, but because they're attracted by the native English speakers at Phoenix. And I think the school fees are almost identical.

P.S. I have nothing against Fillipino teachers in Thailand, many of whom are very qualified and extremely professional - despite their unfairly low salaries.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 4/4/2022 at 7:46 PM, NativeBob said:

Is it Udomsuksa school in Bangkok, Lardprao 92? That makes school in Pattaya a branch or affiliate or some frenchise? The Bangkok's one is just horrible both so-called English program and some uber -advanced English program. 

Nothing to do with each other..

A post with unsubstantiated information and of a defamatory nature as well as a response have been removed.

7. You will not post defamatory or libelous comments. Defamation is the issuance of a statement about another person or business which causes that person or business to suffer harm or loss. A statement does not have to be false to be defamatory. Libel is when the defamatory statement is published either as a drawing, picture, painting, motion picture, film, or letters made visible by any means or by broadcasting, dissemination or propagation by any other means. Defamation is both a civil and criminal charge in Thailand and elsewhere in ASEAN.

• 11 months later...
On 4/5/2022 at 12:38 PM, chilly07 said:

My son went there for 7 yrs English Program. Good discipline and administration but relies on Phillipine english speakers with only a handful of real english tutors and despite promises does not get pupils up to GCSE standard. If they paid better they could get pupils up to a standard fit to take GCSEs at the British Council. 

Sorry to break it to you, but British standards does not rule the world. This is Thailand, which is a South-East Asian country. Here they teach a general version of English that can be spoken and understood worldwide. What I find strange, is that so many foreigners have problem with their children not getting to know English at a proper level in school. Why the heck, do you guys not teach them yourselves?

• Like 1
  • Love It 1