wine

shaky42

I am sure this has been requested before.  I have made the jump to live here last week. I love a glass or 3 of wine most days. Can anybody recommend where i can buy wine by the case. I am no expert on wine. So its the mid range i am looking for.

• Haha 1

I'm using the newish wine shop on Thepprasit these days, a good selection that you won't find anywhere else in the town. They have a website and will deliver to you if you want. The guy in charge is knowledgeable and friendly, drop by and have a chat with him. They're only open from 11:00 to 2:00 Monday-Saturday due to the silly Thai licensing laws, and parking looks difficult due to the road works along Thepprasit but it's actually easy at the moment.

https://www.vinestovino.com/

• Like 2

"Risch Import Export"/"SM Retail" on Soi Wat Boon Samphan (east/dark side).

https://goo.gl/maps/ma3urj1ARiwwUbAW6

They have a selection of good quality wines, many imported beers and excellent spirits/fruit brandy (and some other stuff).

A mate asked me not to publish the price lists (from 2020).

Wines were in the range from 575 Baht/bottle up, most less than 1000 Baht.

It's a wholesale/retail but you can easily buy at their little shop attached.
They even sell by the bottle.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Guderian said:

They have a website

Thanks for reminding us of this place but unfortunately to view pretty much anything on the web site other than the home page you have to sign up. Currently not persuaded enough to do so.

19 hours ago, shaky42 said:

Can anybody recommend where i can buy wine by the case. I am no expert on wine. So its the mid range i am looking for.

Mid range in price or quality and relative to what that you are used to? Presumably you are aware that Thailand has excessive added duties so even mid range wines are somewhat more expensive than what you are probably used to.........

Personally I would suggest you go to somewhere like Best Supermarket Pattaya Nua, Villa Market and Wine Connection at the Avenue or Foodland or Friendship or the places mentioned above and try some different wines to see what you like. Then you can look to buy a case if you really want to as unlikely to get much if any discount.

If you do a search you may find a very extensive thread on people's recommended "affordable" wines from a couple of years ago. I think it may be in the Food section but not sure.

Attached file - I am on these peoples mailing list but have never ordered anything and most prices for the same wines are similar to the outlets mentioned above.

bkk 2022. 04.03.xlsx

13 hours ago, topt said:

Thanks for reminding us of this place but unfortunately to view pretty much anything on the web site other than the home page you have to sign up. Currently not persuaded enough to do so.

The sign-up is nothing sinister, it's required by Thai law I think in situations where alcohol is sold. It's the same in the UK these days, most sites selling booze require you to at least declare that you're over 18 before you can enter. Anyway, I signed up and I can't recall after that ever receiving any promotions or marketing stuff from them.

The guy who runs the place told me that most of his trade comes from restaurants in Pattaya, so he's not overly dependent on walk-in traffic, which is lucky given the never-ending roadworks on Thepprasit. They seem to have a high turnover and just because you bought a wine there two weeks ago doesn't mean they'll still have it in stock. I found a very nice Australian sparkling wine that was quite cheap so I went back to get a few more bottles and it was all gone. The range of wines is good, though, and I can always find something that interests me.

• Like 1