Police promise full investigation after motorcyclist and passenger hit double decker bus

webfact

2pm.jpg

Picture: Siam Rath

Thanyaburi police were called to the scene of a double fatality at an intersection in their jurisdiction.

A Honda CB300R was in pieces and the driver was dead. He was 31 year old Jessada from Phijit.

Also dead was the pillion passenger Nutchjaree, 40, from Nonthaburi.

The driver of the bus Manit, 70, said he had just delivered some workers to a site and was on his way back.

He'd been waiting for a minute at the lights when he heard someone smash into his rear. 

Thanyaburi police promised a full autopsy and investigation into what happened, reported Siam Rath

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Long Stay Visa Health Insurance Plans

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-04-05

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

• Sad 3

Glancing at his phone????   You never know these days with these types of accidents happening much more.  How many times have we read lately "He came out of nowhere"??.  Sadly we will never know concerning this accident more than likely too.

Edited by mushroomdave

12 hours ago, webfact said:

Thanyaburi police promised a full autopsy and investigation into what happened, reported Siam Rath

I'm going out on the limb to suggest the motorcyclist was distracted and slammed into the back of the bus at a high speed.

12 hours ago, Nojohndoe said:

Doing what exactly?

You are a foreigner the list is so long as you know what to do exactly aside from you being defensive what I would do is pretty much what you would do if given the job believe it or not we are actually on the same page. 

3 hours ago, thailand49 said:

You are a foreigner the list is so long as you know what to do

I'm a foreigner and I have no idea how to stop someone riding a motorcycle into the back of a white bus with lights on a road illuminated with street lights.

????Oh wait? Outlaw busses with Romulan cloaking device

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, digger70 said:

We all know that, but hey that ain't gonna happen ain't it.

Correct but I was answering a question pose to me! Reason I said it isn't going to happen unless they hand the problem to a outsider under the current emergency power with full control and protection from the influence and corruption to make All the necessary changes until that happens as you noted not happening! 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

I'm a foreigner and I have no idea how to stop someone riding a motorcycle into the back of a white bus with lights on a road illuminated with street lights.

????Oh wait? Outlaw busses with Romulan cloaking device

Based on the story presented to us!  You read or know something Other than what is being said let me know otherwise let me give you a bit of a clue! 

I'm not a licensed transportation investigator but being in the transportation industry for 40 plus year attended numerous conventions, seminars did a number with the California HWY Patrol there are some real simple signs to determine an accident and whether the bus driver is lying right at the scene if they know what they are looking for? 

In this case bus driver said he was stopped sadly your point of the bus being illegal had zero bearing from the story.  They can simply look at the depths of the impact of the back of the bus take measurements, check the path of bike prior to impact any tire marks on pavement how the bike was rested and where was the damage would indicate some clue if and when the driver ever saw the bus and determine to act?  The autopsy of the body both, head injuries bruises their locations all Will speak for the victim or bus driver. Then you got on all major roads CCTV go far enough back as necessary would give hints then today everyone has a phone fine them scroll through the history and they might just fine the answer OH wait that is too easy. Today we see and hear more stories like this vehicles running into another as if they weren't even there for me each day in Pattaya I see over a dozen on the phone although there is a law?  2000 baht fine what is missing ENFORCEMENT that is the big clue you and the Thai police is missing! 

Edited by thailand49
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, thailand49 said:

let me know otherwise let me give you a bit of a clue! 

Let me give you a bit of a clue. 

Some time ago a Thai construction magnate was killed on his way back from golf when his car hit a roadside tree. After interviewing all the witnesses etc. and even recreating the crash with another Fortuner ( I was just down the street when that bang occurred) they concluded that it was no accident and was murder.

So the RTP can do most all of the stuff you mentioned CHP can do. It is a question of workload, finances etc. not the skill or ability of the police officers.

How quickly did they find the identity of the Canadian gunmen who assassinated the Indian drug guy?

9 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Let me give you a bit of a clue. 

Some time ago a Thai construction magnate was killed on his way back from golf when his car hit a roadside tree. After interviewing all the witnesses etc. and even recreating the crash with another Fortuner ( I was just down the street when that bang occurred) they concluded that it was no accident and was murder.

So the RTP can do most all of the stuff you mentioned CHP can do. It is a question of workload, finances etc. not the skill or ability of the police officers.

How quickly did they find the identity of the Canadian gunmen who assassinated the Indian drug guy?

Are you drunk or senile or both?  I never said the RTP can do anything close to what I saw with the CHP,  as I noted I'm no investigator but the ride along I had even for a untrained during a number of accident I could see and figure out what happened.  You mentioned you had no clue and I could see why you got a station bus that was hit from behind sadly you are the first from the West that doesn't have a clue as to what might happened. 

Your story about the accident doesn't even come  close to what we are talking about clueless is being kind to you. 

Edited by thailand49

^ basically i just live here. I do admit to being a bit of a bull<deleted>ter but it is nice to read posts from an expert.

If I am senile that means I have avoided or survived most of the things you may succumb to before you become. as you say, senile.

2 hours ago, thailand49 said:

you are the first from the West that doesn't have a clue as to what might happened. 

However I am not clairvoyant so no don't know what happened but RTP will work it out. They are not as bad as many make out. 

I do not stoop to using ad hominen posts.

Edited by VocalNeal

9 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

^ basically i just live here. I do admit to being a bit of a bull<deleted>ter but it is nice to read posts from an expert.

If I am senile that means I have avoided or survived most of the things you may succumb to before you become. as you say, senile.

However I am not clairvoyant so no don't know what happened but RTP will work it out. They are not as bad as many make out. 

I do not stoop to using ad hominen posts.

Not a expert I thought I made it very clear from my two post!  By the way you aren't the only one living here. Predictable.