Where in Asia were you when “First Blood” and “Deliverance” hit the theaters, here?

Speaking of deliverance from our troubles, something not too easy these days, one can do one or more of three things:

a. One can listen to crickets

b. One can listen to a banjo

c.  One can listen to crickets and banjos, all together.

5 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

It was better back then.

But, you will never know.

You were not there, then.

1985 was a great year to be in Thailand, better than early seventies. I didn't want to be around for the popular uprising.

39 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Try to stay focused ... I'll pass, too mature for that contest.  

image.png.b6ed25509e9840f93baff21fba0fe513.png

image.png.4d941868c239d582e5a14e9c2916f249.png

Sorry.

I meant 35 years ago, not 30.

I drove from Naples, Florida through Texas, down through the Yucatan, in my S-Class Mercedes, racing a few Toyotas along the way, to Belize City, which is not the capital of Belize.

Did you know that, 35 years ago, one could encounter people there, in the Yucatan, that did not wear clothes?

Not everywhere, mind you.

Only about thirty or forty people did I see who were naked.

Rather remarkable.

But, we encountered a few.

12 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Sorry.

I meant 35 years ago, not 30.

I drove from Naples, Florida through Texas, down through the Yucatan, in my S-Class Mercedes, racing a few Toyotas along the way, to Belize City, which is not the capital of Belize.

Did you know that, 35 years ago, one could encounter people there, in the Yucatan, that did not wear clothes?

Not everywhere, mind you.

Only about thirty or forty people did I see who were naked.

Rather remarkable.

But, we encountered a few.

Don't need to go that far for nudist / naturalist, as coworker / neighbor, use to have nude BBQs.  Only pointed out to me, some people should wear clothes. ????

9 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Don't need to go that far for nudist / naturalist, as coworker / neighbor, use to have nude BBQs.  Only pointed out to me, some people should wear clothes. ????

These naked people were not nudists by choice.

They could not afford clothes, is all.

On the Yucatan, in some places, 35 years ago, nothing to speak of in terms of resources.

Very remote.

4 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Sorry.

I did not doubt that there was cocaine in Bali.

My only question was:  Why would you snort it?  

Why not? 

Used it occasionally back in the days, and it was a great feeling. 5-6 times a year at the end of season and before next started 

Did not drink, and just took enough to get the feel good elevated state of mind for a few hours.

However the business behind is dirty, and when learned more about that, I stopped taking it, so 18 years now since last line. But great stuff, maybe when I get in my 70'ies I will start and use it again.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

These naked people were not nudists by choice.

They could not afford clothes, is all.

On the Yucatan, in some places, 35 years ago, nothing to speak of in terms of resources.

Very remote.

Chickies use to go topless here, and not that long ago, until the Christians arrive .... basstard.

10 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Chickies use to go topless here, and not that long ago, until the Christians arrive .... basstard.

These days, I never go topless.

These days, for a man to go topless is almost as bad as showing knobby knees.

Or, even worse, wearing shorts with long black socks.

OB06080.jpg.f9380c82036552ce86a5ac6b2fbff9b1.jpg

Just is not done.

If one must wear shorts, then, at the very least, wear a tie to draw away attention from what you are wearing below the waist.

men-in-bermuda-shorts-carl-purcell.jpg.5eeb315909ba487c541acf4921f6ec92.jpg

No garters, either.

12 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

It was better back then.

But, you will never know.

You were not there, then.

Do you have any information from 1971 of substance or interest other than a pile of waffle.

What was the train fare from Bangkok to Surat Thani?

I could find some stuff from 1985 on file but I can't be bothered about now.

On 4/6/2022 at 8:23 PM, sipi said:

Do you have any information from 1971 of substance or interest other than a pile of waffle.

What was the train fare from Bangkok to Surat Thani?

I could find some stuff from 1985 on file but I can't be bothered about now.

In fact, I do, for what it might be worth, which, judging by your reception of most of my posts, might not be worth much to you, or others.

Let us say, for sake of argument, that one landed in Sattahip, Thailand, at an age similar to Billy Bud.

And, let us say that one had a fair amount of curiosity about Asian lands, after reading all of Conrad.

And, perhaps, further, we might conjecture that such a person had a friend from Japan, of the same age.

And then, what might happen to the two, on the way, taking a taxi from Sattahip to BKK, in 1971?

I think you might know, if you have been here long enough.

At that time, there were curvy women of 18 spending time with GIs in Bkk.

And, while watching the Muay Thai match, in front of me, I kept looking back behind me to see these gorgeous ladies, with short shorts, and long bare legs, hanging on for dear life to the GIs who were not even half their value.  These girls were worth a dollar, and the GIs were worth ten cents, comparatively.

These girls might have had a contract with Vogue, by their looks, and if only they had played their cards right.

Instead, they wasted their youth with American GIs.

So, do I have any information to impart to you concerning the "times" of Thailand, in 1971, or in Singapore, for that matter,? Maybe I do, and maybe I do not.

Note:  Please note that, these days, most of these top-notch girls are at top-notch universities, here in Thailand.  And, if you want to meet them, then the best way is to get your PhD, and teach them, before loving them.

31 minutes ago, SheikYabodyline said:

Have you considered a surgical procedure?

Have you ever considered what it must have been like for Keith Richards to fight back against overzealous fans who stormed the stage, and then to have kept on playing without missing a beat?

It is things like this that make our world worth living, IMHO.

And so, if my thinking is this way, then....do you really think I require a frontal lobotomy surgical procedure?

Who can say?

Right?

Note:  Crazier things happened at Altamont, for example.

On 4/11/2022 at 2:24 AM, GammaGlobulin said:

In fact, I do, for what it might be worth, which, judging by your reception of most of my posts, might not be worth much to you, or others.

Let us say, for sake of argument, that one landed in Sattahip, Thailand, at an age similar to Billy Bud.

And, let us say that one had a fair amount of curiosity about Asian lands, after reading all of Conrad.

And, perhaps, further, we might conjecture that such a person had a friend from Japan, of the same age.

And then, what might happen to the two, on the way, taking a taxi from Sattahip to BKK, in 1971?

I think you might know, if you have been here long enough.

At that time, there were curvy women of 18 spending time with GIs in Bkk.

And, while watching the Muay Thai match, in front of me, I kept looking back behind me to see these gorgeous ladies, with short shorts, and long bare legs, hanging on for dear life to the GIs who were not even half their value.  These girls were worth a dollar, and the GIs were worth ten cents, comparatively.

These girls might have had a contract with Vogue, by their looks, and if only they had played their cards right.

Instead, they wasted their youth with American GIs.

So, do I have any information to impart to you concerning the "times" of Thailand, in 1971, or in Singapore, for that matter,? Maybe I do, and maybe I do not.

Note:  Please note that, these days, most of these top-notch girls are at top-notch universities, here in Thailand.  And, if you want to meet them, then the best way is to get your PhD, and teach them, before loving them.

I'll take that as a "no".

I would have taken at least a punt, 39 baht?

This reminds me of going to the pub full of hard miners at the end of a shift and being annoyed by someone from the city wearing a pink shirt. Nothing wrong with that, of course.

Bye.

14 minutes ago, sipi said:

I'll take that as a "no".

I would have taken at least a punt, 39 baht?

This reminds me of going to the pub full of hard miners at the end of a shift and being annoyed by someone from the city wearing a pink shirt. Nothing wrong with that, of course.

Bye.

The color was 'coral' and one of my favorite shirts ...

• Haha 1

On 4/5/2022 at 10:42 PM, sipi said:

1985 was a great year to be in Thailand, better than early seventies. I didn't want to be around for the popular uprising.

You'll find that popular uprisings, historically, are projected as an overwhelming desire by the majority - where, more often than not, such activities are a mainstay of a trickle of folks. 

All about the notions and image - repeated often and loud enough. 

Edited by zzaa09