Thai medical professionals say “Get a vaccine booster jab before Songkran”

webfact

E3Qms-aUYAAuksR.jpg

As the long Songkran break approaches, Thailand’s Ministry of Public Health and five of the country’s medical associations are urging people who have had two or three doses of COVID-19 vaccines to get booster shots before they travel.

The associations also dismissed, as lacking large-scale research to support it, a recent report claiming that excessive vaccination may result in autoimmune disease, which will attack the body.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

The five medical associations are the Royal College of Physicians, the Preventive Medicine Association of Thailand, the Thai Society of Critical Care Medicine, the Thoracic Society of Thailand and the Infectious Disease Association of Thailand.

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-medical-professionals-say-get-a-vaccine-booster-jab-before-songk

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-04-06

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Like 1

What is the new recommended waiting time after one has had a case of Covid.  Last booster was in January and then 8 weeks later I was hit with a case of Omicron,  From what I have read and been told I should be good for up to 6 months from the date of recovery which was late last week. Neighbor has had just one vaccination and everytime he was scheduled for the 2nd one he came down sick with Covid.  So far he has had all three variants of concern...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The associations also dismissed, as lacking large-scale research to support it, a recent report claiming that excessive vaccination may result in autoimmune disease, which will attack the body.

Toss a coin..

heads.. vaccine

tails skip-it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

What is the new recommended waiting time after one has had a case of Covid.  Last booster was in January and then 8 weeks later I was hit with a case of Omicron,  From what I have read and been told I should be good for up to 6 months from the date of recovery which was late last week. Neighbor has had just one vaccination and everytime he was scheduled for the 2nd one he came down sick with Covid.  So far he has had all three variants of concern...

At the bottom of this table it says to wait for a 2nd generation vaccine.

Guideline การฉีดวัคซีนทางเลือก Moderna

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

Or......as it's been mentioned before, the other option - just ignore it all. ????????

Anti Vaxxer rhetoric or are you just being sarcastic, my bet is on the first part I wrote.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, webfact said:

I was wondering where this recent report came from.  After all, you may not always wish to wait for large scale research. 

Actually, now that I think of it, the vaccine rollout didn’t wait for large scale research either.

Does anyone know what report they refer to?

Then another poster noted that:

6 hours ago, 300sd said:

They're on the 4th jab in S. Korea and that's working out well.

so I decided to check out S Korea.

I put the following in the search bar:

“s korea auto immune diseases following vaccinations”

The very first entry is to JKMS, Journal of Korean Medical Science from two days ago.

The title of the article is: “Auto immunity following vaccination for SARS-Cov-2 in Korea: Coincidence or Autoimmunity?

Not a lot to go on, but read a bit of what I could understand from the abstract and results. Noted.

In my Google search, immediately following the first Korean reference, were two references to research that talked about this issue of autoimmunity following vaccination but not about Korea. Haven’t read through those much yet.

At this point I’d like to know what hospital doctors are seeing on a day-to-day basis to get more information.

17 minutes ago, mikebell said:

I'm pushing 80 but there's a deafening silence in Pattaya about Pfizer boosters. My 6 months is up soon.

You were a bit late getting your shots IIRC.....my second was last September. Six months arrived while there were still a couple of options in Pattaya for me.....

Those places only recently shut up shop, but I expect some other resources will come by.... just take a few weeks to get them organized. I still believe many locals have not had all 3 shots. 

Edited by jacko45k

21 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Thank you for posting this information @rbkk

The information out of Hong Kong just now for those previously infected and over 60 yrs old, is not to wait for the 2nd generation vaccines but to have a 4th dose now. This contradicts the information in the table above re; Thailand. I'm in the high risk category so a simple decision for me. Personal judgement I guess. http://www.aastocks.com/en/stocks/news/aafn-news/NOW.1176293/2

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

The vaccines can not prevent infection or spread of Omicron and so boosters will not prevent this no matter how many you get. 

Of the deaths reported in New Zealand  half are over 90 the rest 70 plus and nearly all of them triple vaccinated, it's time to think before you boost and read the research, there is plenty out there, but the mear fact that it's not preventing infections or spread is enough to make me weary. Information statistics on deaths in NZ can be found on the NZ covid Web site. 

The vast majority of Covid deaths now are unvaccinated people. 

Death can make you very weary. 

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, mikebell said:

I'm pushing 80 but there's a deafening silence in Pattaya about Pfizer boosters. My 6 months is up soon.

I had a phizer booster 3 months ago at the national stadium,also at the moment they are doing them at the temple on Sukhumvit after the Outlet mall about 1/4 mile past just drive in ,by the way are you on mor prom ? Iam registered on it.

Whilst Anutin is off on the Magical Marijuana Mystery Tour, once again the MFA steps in and does his job in his absence.

Sangrat Tanee to the rescue every time.

This man is a hero and should be PM. He gets things done.

10 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

I had a phizer booster 3 months ago at the national stadium,also at the moment they are doing them at the temple on Sukhumvit after the Outlet mall about 1/4 mile past just drive in ,by the way are you on mor prom ? Iam registered on it.

Thank you.  I am on Mor Prom.

I've never seen such idiotic crisis management. Here, Buriram, they allow marriages, ordinations, district festivals and god knows what to go ahead, while the district hospital is full and half the houses in my village have been cordoned off for Covid infections. If they let people congregate to spread Covid they should also treat it as a common cold, but I suspect the little local dictators to feel gratification from locking up people.

I'm not traveling, nor water tossing, for Songkhran, so won't bother.

However as I am looking to travel soon, I will have an additional booster next month. I will stop in at the local mall. Make a choice of the (free) Moderna or Pfizer vaccines. After ten minutes for data input, shot, thirty minutes wait. That is that. Great it is not a big production with charts or graphs, you just turn up and do it.