Dog poisoner in NE Thailand: Thai lady to file police report about neighbor after her dogs got out

webfact

22 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

7 dogs and in cages and sometimes wondering outside alone even dangerous breeds clearly not everyone happy with her in the soi.

The underlying issue was never dealt with. 

This woman should never be allowed to have dogs in the first place. 

There is no way dogs should ever be kept in cages - they should be free to roam the property, perhaps kept on a long leash so they can’t escape the property, or left inside where they can’t get out 

I believe all dogs should remain under the control of responsible humans and not able to get out into the street (and risk attacking innocent people etc), dogs that do should be dealt with (always an emotive topic). 

This is a perfect example of what happens before a dog gets out and attacks someone, dogs in a cage, irritated angry...  No way should this be allowed to happen. 

Sadly, this is what happens when an owner acts with total lack of responsibility - others are forced to become the person they don’t want to be and take matters into their own hands. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, wombat said:

no such thing as dangerous/bad breeds only dangerous/bad owners

Wrong... 

A poorly trained and poorly looked after Beagle or Chihuahua is not going to attack or do much damage to strangers, children etc...

However, a poorly trained and poorly looked after dog which is considered dangerous  (example: As per UK Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 listing, Pit Bull Terrier /Japanese Tosa / Dogo Argentino / Fila Brasileiro) is far more likely to do serious harm and present a grave threat.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, patman30 said:

it is not the dog, it is always the owner.

OK.. so if one of your dogs bites the post man... you accept that it is all your fault.

If a child walks in the gat to fetch a ball they kicked over and the dog attacks... you accept it is all your fault ???.... 

You say the dog was protecting the property... 

The issue, when a dog bits another person the owner (nearly) always wants to blame circumstance or the victim. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, vandeventer said:

The dogs around my house are also barking day and night but they are good dogs and never bark or show their teeth at me. They even walk me to the shops and back and protect me from other dogs in different areas .Be nice to them and they will be nice to you.

So when one of the many rabid dogs in my neighborhood runs out when I am riding my bike past and bites me it was because I wasn't being nice to it? Venture out and about a bit more and you will have a different view of Thai dogs. Many of the dogs here are just plain mean and aggressive.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Joules said:

Unlikely.  Much more likely that the dog owner had a ridiculous number of dogs and the owner did not keep them contained.  Like the guy who lives here:

21 hours ago, Joules said:

Yes! That's my house, but that's not me in the photo. That, I think, is an pro-Trump, ex-friend.

And Yes! I do have a lot of dogs, about 10. And they do run all over my property. Of course, I live up in the mountains and have about 20 rai, so that's not a problem. 

The Trespasser.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Lee4Life said:

So when one of the many rabid dogs in my neighborhood runs out when I am riding my bike past and bites me it was because I wasn't being nice to it? Venture out and about a bit more and you will have a different view of Thai dogs. Many of the dogs here are just plain mean and aggressive.  

I have lived here for more than 20 years and lived in many places and haven't been bit yet There is a temple across the street from me filled with many dogs. I walk pass often and never a problem. I have only seen dogs get very aggressive when people show anger or the dogs can smell dog on you as many eat them where I live.

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, vandeventer said:

I can put up with the dogs. It's the birds that drive me nuts, many different types and very  early in the morning. God bless them!

Birds are a good sign of health ecology around the area.

• Like 2

On 4/7/2022 at 12:53 PM, webfact said:

But he won't talk when asked to explain why he was doing this.

Anyone ever politely asked a local to turn the volume down {or any other anti-social activity } and received a positive response ?

On 4/8/2022 at 1:20 PM, richard_smith237 said:

OK.. so if one of your dogs bites the post man... you accept that it is all your fault.

If a child walks in the gat to fetch a ball they kicked over and the dog attacks... you accept it is all your fault ???.... 

You say the dog was protecting the property... 

The issue, when a dog bits another person the owner (nearly) always wants to blame circumstance or the victim. 

my property is very secure
nobody can enter, my dogs cannot get outside
you already are assuming the types of dogs i have,
and assuming too much about my property,

which is foolish on your part, while you make hypothetical arguments.
i do not have trained security dogs
they also do not bite
they may smother an intruder in cuddles though

as i said
always the owner

On 4/8/2022 at 1:16 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Wrong... 

A poorly trained and poorly looked after Beagle or Chihuahua is not going to attack or do much damage to strangers, children etc...

However, a poorly trained and poorly looked after dog which is considered dangerous  (example: As per UK Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 listing, Pit Bull Terrier /Japanese Tosa / Dogo Argentino / Fila Brasileiro) is far more likely to do serious harm and present a grave threat.

you literally contradict yourself with your own argument

"poorly trained" = bad owner

If the owner is not capable of responsibly training and handling the dog they acquire, it is a result of a bad owner.
The owner is "bad" as soon as they purchase/acquire a dog that is beyond their ownership capabilities.

what makes a dog dangerous is the owner not being capable to handle such a breed that requires a lot of dedicated and constant training.
sadly many dog owners are in way too deep before they even get their pup, by getting a breed they are not capable of caring for properly.
i would argue about 80% of dog owners fall into this category.

ie. bad owners.

On 4/7/2022 at 2:07 PM, Longwood50 said:

I am not in favor of anyone poisioning dogs.  However, many around the globe and in particular in Thailand are irresponsible about their pets.  They let them roam and have no problem with the nuisance the animals are to their neighbors. 

The dogs in our village howl at night which is disturbing, but they also urinate and defecate in the grassy areas in the village.  That is hardly something that neighbors should have to put up with. 

Thailand needs a pet nuisance ordinance, where people who routinely let their animals roam are automatically fined for not properly caring for their pet.  It is also improper behavior to subject the pet to becoming attacked by other animals or struck by motor vehicles.  

A quick trip down any Thai street shows you that stray dogs are a problem and whether family pets or ferral animals they are a nuisance and present a hazzard to drivers. 

Wait for the Pitbulls to take over the streets  !!! That's the next nightmare in Thailand  !!!