Dog poisoner in NE Thailand: Thai lady to file police report about neighbor after her dogs got out

webfact

4 hours ago, jesimps said:

Well done the owner of the blue pills. For seven years I had nine dogs living next door to me. At first, they used to just let them wander about and they practically lived just outside my front gate. Then they decided to fix the garden wall after which the dogs were shut in, that's when the noise problems started. Because the animals were getting no exercise, they barked incessantly day and night. I never complained because I wanted to live in peace with the neighbours, who were Thai.

Fortunately, they moved away a few weeks back taking the animals with them and the new owner is a farang who only has two dogs. Still one too many in my opinion.

Why anyone wants to own more than one of the noisy beggars is beyond me.

i have 8 dogs, they are literally at home always past 2 years,
but i do have a 1/2 rai garden for exercise
at night time they all stay in their room which is outside, seperate from my house
they are as quiet as a mouse all 8 of them,
the only time they bark in the day is when someone approaches the house,
as they are supposed to.

it is not the dog, it is always the owner.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, NightSky said:

You do know that cruelty to small animals is a precursor to psychopathy don’t you?

Are you vegan then?

The animals you eat have been through a life of hell and a torturous death much more than a dog getting poisoned......

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Xonax said:

Maybe the dogs had been barking night and day, like some of the dogs in my neighborhood do. Dog owners should show some responsibility and properly train their dogs to behave, so they don't constantly irritate the neighbors.

Cages seem to agitate dogs, or any social creature for that matter. Some people should realize just because they want something doesn't mean they should have it - she should have chosen cats instead

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Longwood50 said:

I am not in favor of anyone poisioning dogs.  However, many around the globe and in particular in Thailand are irresponsible about their pets.  They let them roam and have no problem with the nuisance the animals are to their neighbors. 

The dogs in our village howl at night which is disturbing, but they also urinate and defecate in the grassy areas in the village.  That is hardly something that neighbors should have to put up with. 

Thailand needs a pet nuisance ordinance, where people who routinely let their animals roam are automatically fined for not properly caring for their pet.  It is also improper behavior to subject the pet to becoming attacked by other animals or struck by motor vehicles.  

A quick trip down any Thai street shows you that stray dogs are a problem and whether family pets or ferral animals they are a nuisance and present a hazzard to drivers. 

With you on that one. The soi where I live there are 6 dogs on the go all day and most of the night. At least 2 of them have owners because they are well groomed and have collars. Most run away when approached but the 2 with owners are quite approachable. However, since coming to Thailand I have been attacked twice by dogs. Not dogs wandering the streets though. On both occassions these dogs came out of their owners property to attack. First one was from a scrap yard and it attacked me from behind and took a chunk out of my calf. I tracked the owner down and explained to him that if he didn't keep his dog secured on his property I'd secure to his gate by the throat. I doubt if he understood a word I said but he definitely understood the sign language and the dog was chained up after that. The second dog, fortunatley, didn't get a chance to bite (thankfully, it was a Rotty). I didn't talk to that owner as that would have meant getting past the dog first. The genuine "strays" are more fearful of humans so, in my experience, only turn nasty if they feel cornered. The "pets" on the other hand.......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, zyphodb said:

Not much of a life for the dogs, kept in cages, I bet that they were howling constantly. Still didn't deserve poisoning though. The owner, maybe...

Agree, why does she need 7 dogs and to keep them in cages or tethered is cruel to the poor dogs. I can imagine they howl because of their distress, annoying the neighbors and possibly a danger to kids if they escape. Some authority should remove the dogs to a better place where there is more room to roam safely. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bbbbooboo said:

Hmmm…. Saves taking the dogs up to Laos where they eat them, I suppose

Ouch...................however no need to cross the border if one makes a bee line for Sakon Nakhorn.....................

I helplessly watched my 2 dogs die from poisoning ...... 
The posters on here that condone this action should be subject to witnessing this cowardly act then sample it for themselves. 

A$$holes

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, vandeventer said:

The dogs around my house are also barking day and night but they are good dogs and never bark or show their teeth at me. They even walk me to the shops and back and protect me from other dogs in different areas .Be nice to them and they will be nice to you.

It must be wonderful having dogs bark day and night next door.

That would drive me nuts.

I certainly wouldn't be happy about it.

Edited by MrJ2U

12 hours ago, webfact said:

But he won't talk when asked to explain why he was doing this.

Why don't you think and see the reasons ? I tell you why, <deleted> and smell, noise 24hr. Even though you keep them in, you are a pain to the neighbors. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Madgee said:

you did it !!!! It is the consequences of the owner "no responsibility" , selfishness and not giving <deleted> to others life. 
think about it "if you can " 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

It must be wonderful having dogs bark day and night next door.

That would drive me nuts.

I certainly wouldn't be happy about it.

I can put up with the dogs. It's the birds that drive me nuts, many different types and very  early in the morning. God bless them!

18 hours ago, smew said:

chemical castration

Why chemical castration it doesn't last long, just take out the nuts and have done with it, many places do it for free, those 'rescue' places and some local councils do a yearly free de-nutting day. 

11 hours ago, Madgee said:

The posters on here that condone this action should be subject to witnessing this cowardly act then sample it for themselves. 

A$$holes

Did they bark all day ?

11 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

Why did you put your dogs into a situation where they could be poisoned?

Why are you trying to condone the act of poisoning?

It's estimated over a dozen dogs died that night in our soi and surrounding area, pets and soi dogs. Other casualties included many cats and birds, including some beautiful large herons. This was two months ago. 

15 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Did they bark all day ?

Like most dogs in the countryside, they sleep all day.  Sometimes at night an odd howl or bark from somewhere could be heard but that's part of rural life up here. Regardless, all the dogs and cats around here were well cared for by the locals. 

I can understand some people have a hatred or even a phobia about dogs but indiscriminate poisoning is not the way to solve someone's personal problem or vendetta. Let's leave it at that shall we?  

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Madgee said:

Why are you trying to condone the act of poisoning?

It's estimated over a dozen dogs died that night in our soi and surrounding area, pets and soi dogs. Other casualties included many cats and birds, including some beautiful large herons. This was two months ago. 

Like most dogs in the countryside, they sleep all day.  Sometimes at night an odd howl or bark from somewhere could be heard but that's part of rural life up here. Regardless, all the dogs and cats around here were well cared for by the locals. 

I can understand some people have a hatred or even a phobia about dogs but indiscriminate poisoning is not the way to solve someone's personal problem or vendetta. Let's leave it at that shall we?  

So you turned your dogs loose on the streets and then complain?

It appears to me that you are a large part of the problem.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Madgee said:

Sometimes at night an odd howl or bark

Talk about putting a spin on it.......

There are packs of 20 plus dogs roaming in the village near us on a night.......the noise is deafening as they fight and squabble.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, zyphodb said:

Not much of a life for the dogs, kept in cages,

Yup , Seen many dogs here that spend their whole life in cages.

My former mechanics wife had three small dogs that were kept inside small concrete cubicles 1 meter square each. Here they lived out their lives except when she occasionally took one out to play with for a while in front of the television.

Pointless even suggesting solutions here. Just be pi**ing into the wind.

• Like 2