Dog poisoner in NE Thailand: Thai lady to file police report about neighbor after her dogs got out

webfact

2 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

7 dogs and in cages and sometimes wondering outside alone even dangerous breeds clearly not everyone happy with her in the soi.

no such thing as dangerous/bad breeds only dangerous/bad owners

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

What are the white and blue lumps? I want to buy some as they seem to do the job.

You do know that cruelty to small animals is a precursor to psychopathy don’t you?

Edited by NightSky

1 hour ago, howlee101 said:

Not disagreeing with your point but, the authorities (read RTP) don't even adequately enforce traffic laws. IMO, it would be a useless ordinance

No but if they incentified the police officers to enforce the law they would.  But your point is well taken.  A law that is not enforced is just a meaningless law.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Longwood50 said:

I am not in favor of anyone poisioning dogs.  However, many around the globe and in particular in Thailand are irresponsible about their pets.  They let them roam and have no problem with the nuisance the animals are to their neighbors. 

The dogs in our village howl at night which is disturbing, but they also urinate and defecate in the grassy areas in the village.  That is hardly something that neighbors should have to put up with. 

Thailand needs a pet nuisance ordinance, where people who routinely let their animals roam are automatically fined for not properly caring for their pet.  It is also improper behavior to subject the pet to becoming attacked by other animals or struck by motor vehicles.  

A quick trip down any Thai street shows you that stray dogs are a problem and whether family pets or ferral animals they are a nuisance and present a hazzard to drivers. 

I make a monthly contribution to a local organization that captures and neuters stray Soi Dogs/cats as well as vaccinating and helping with adoption.

If they can't breed eventually the problem will be solved. But, as you say, the real problem is the humans.

Can't neuter or poison them; it's illegal.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Foghorn said:

If you put substances that are poisonous to dogs on your land and a neighbours dog trespasses on said land then steals your substance , would that be classed as poisoning the dog ? 

That's classified as "He got what he came around."

2 hours ago, billsmart said:

...or maybe the one who poisoned the dogs, the neighbor?, was just an <deleted> and liked killing animals. I hope the police find out and put him away for a long, long time. ????

Unlikely.  Much more likely that the dog owner had a ridiculous number of dogs and the owner did not keep them contained.  Like the guy who lives here:

The Trespasser.jpg

The comments in this thread, almost promoting the cruelty to animals has proved once again what a sad sorry bunch of people inhabit Asean Now, whilst proclaiming they are nice people just trying to get on in life.
How very tragic

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, billsmart said:

...or maybe the one who poisoned the dogs, the neighbor?, was just an <deleted> and liked killing animals. I hope the police find out and put him away for a long, long time. ????

Or they have been barking all night and day like they all do. Maybe no1 wants to visit this guy because of the aggressive pack. I'm planning to buy 1 cock from my neighbour because he starts 2am and make soup of him

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, ChrisKC said:

Ten dogs, among them a bull terrier. However much they are probably not very neighbourly, shouldn't be always on a lead or caged up!

Not advocating poisoning them but what a sorry existence for animals with no freedom!

In my opinion, the owner not my idea of a Dog Lover!!

Yes, in fact, it is the owner that should have been poisoned.  That would have solved the problem for now and in the future.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lopchan said:

The comments in this thread, almost promoting the cruelty to animals has proved once again what a sad sorry bunch of people inhabit Asean Now, whilst proclaiming they are nice people just trying to get on in life.
How very tragic

The cruelty lies in the manner in which these dogs are kept......caged!!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, keithkarmann said:

Never seen any Thais walking anywhere.

Walking back last night watched a Thai guy jump on his bike. He rode out of his front gate round to the wall at the back of his house, switch the water supply on (or off?) and rode back to the front, closed the gate......555

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, RocketDog said:

I make a monthly contribution to a local organization that captures and neuters stray Soi Dogs/cats as well as vaccinating and helping with adoption

You need to up your contribution.  From all appearances their genitals are working faster than the vet who is neutering them. 

2 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

I'm willing to supply more poison to eradicate all those dangerous dogs ????

You and me will not be very popular in this Woke world gone mad...I expect you are in Thailand as anyone that dares to speak their TRUE mind, would be hounded and ruined in the politically correct Western countries!

• Like 2