thai style tablecloth

filipef

Does anyone know if the thai style (silk?) tablecloths, that you can easily find in shops, are "one size only"? I wonder where i could find a big size (for a table for 10 people, for example)...

I am now outside Thailand, but i will return soon (i hope).

Our oblong table unextended sits 6 (12+ if extended)....We have found tablecloths that fit the 6 position table, but nothing longer.....

One option might be to double up....Another nicer possibilty is go to a material shop at your nearest large market & pick your material and have it cut then hemmed to your measurements.....

A market like the Worowat market in CM has several shops with 100s of bolts to choose from.....

Edited by pgrahmm
  • Like 1

Go to a fabric/silk dealer and have it made.  If not in Thailand, buy the material and have it made when you are back home.

You aren't going to find anything that will suit your tastes because most people don't have tables that big.

I used to buy raw silk in Thailand & Cambodia for exactly this purpose.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Iron Tongue said:

Go to a fabric/silk dealer and have it made.  If not in Thailand, buy the material and have it made when you are back home.

You aren't going to find anything that will suit your tastes because most people don't have tables that big.

I used to buy raw silk in Thailand & Cambodia for exactly this purpose.

some years ago, i made some silk buyings in a small "mall" in Little India, in BKK. I wonder if it still exists...

12 hours ago, jesimps said:

My wife's idea of a tablecloth is a 6' x 4' sheet of decorative plastic which she buys from the local supermarket. Reminds me of the table covering we had when I was a kid in Liverpool. Very easy to wash off the stains and brush off the crumbs.

Liverpudlian? Wash off the bloodstains after the famous kiss? haha.

14 hours ago, jesimps said:

My wife's idea of a tablecloth is a 6' x 4' sheet of decorative plastic which she buys from the local supermarket. Reminds me of the table covering we had when I was a kid in Liverpool. Very easy to wash off the stains and brush off the crumbs.

Your wife must be hi-so, at least your plastic is decorative. I get straight black or blue