Fourteen people injured after truck full of construction workers overturns in Ban Bueng

snoop1130

gDlPmgexD0lSrsSX_174039-696x392.jpg

PHOTO: Wisarn Sangjaroen / Top News

Fourteen people have sustained injuries after a truck overturned in Ban Bueng yesterday (April 6th).

The Klong Giw Police were notified of the accident at 2:30 P.M. on Kong Dara Road in the Klong Giw sub-district.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Emergency responders arrived at the scene to find the overturned truck on the road. Fourteen people had sustained various injuries, such as broken legs. They were all taken to a local hospital for medical assistance. Most of the injured had been in the bed of the truck.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/04/07/fourteen-people-injured-after-truck-full-of-construction-workers-overturns-in-ban-bueng/

PattayaNews.jpg

-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-04-07

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Sad 2

50 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

And here we are again, with the same story, same result. Would I be correct in assuming the workers were non-Thai? 

..Thai labourers wouldn't be seen dead riding in the back of a truck.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Inala said:

Actually, this is an excellent outcome. Most times this headline would read as '14 people killed when truck overturns' Then there would be the usual pictures of multiple bodies lying side-by-side on the road covered in sheets.

Usually it would also involve a squashed motorcyclist as well who had been overtaking on the inside when the truck overturned. Plus throw in a couple of innocent bystanders who may have been crossing the road there.

So the fact that no one was killed here is a bloody miracle. 

You forgot the tree............

2 hours ago, Inala said:

Actually, this is an excellent outcome. Most times this headline would read as '14 people killed when truck overturns' Then there would be the usual pictures of multiple bodies lying side-by-side on the road covered in sheets.

Usually it would also involve a squashed motorcyclist as well who had been overtaking on the inside when the truck overturned. Plus throw in a couple of innocent bystanders who may have been crossing the road there.

So the fact that no one was killed here is a bloody miracle. 

The combined power of 14 amulets I guess.......they do work.

From the linked article: The truck driver, Mr. Parinya Pakamalaithep, 35, told TPN reporters, “Workers and I were heading back to Ban Bueng from Sri Racha. There was another vehicle in front of my truck and I immediately stopped. I tried to avoid the collision before the truck lost control and overturned.”

So the truck driver wasn’t looking where he was going (on his phone) and saw the other vehicle in front of him too late - he then had to swerve and nearly killed everyone.... 

.... it was of course the trucks fault for overturning !

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 2