Aerox speedo display unit

tomyami

if your bike is under 3 years old - it should be covered by the 3 year guarantee from yamaha (it's a knows fault) - yamaha main scooter dealers are just down from the 2 gas stations on teppasit road (towards jomtien, same side of the road)....

if it's over 3 years old, there are places that can fix it - have a look on facebook market place - i think the going rate is 500 baht (as apposed to 4,000b for replacing the unit with a new one...)

• Like 1

If it's "Aerox display sunburn", it's possible to replace the polarizing filter.  There are several Youtube videos about this. Search "Aerox sunburn".  Must be pretty common.

image.png.c1d790dd731880d71e38ab42c8069cf3.png

Edited by Damrongsak

Yamaha changes it under warranty if under 3 years, and you get 0 km again, a brand new bike...! 

My friend even had 32k km on it and they did it (I think there is 30k km limit too !) ..., he now has done another 27k km and says his bike has the correct km, because it's nothing like a 59k km bike...lol !!!? , he looks after that bike like his baby, it's probably better looking than most Aerox I've seen...

Its over 3 years has done 16k heard part can be bought on lazada have searched cannot find.

Was told 4k replace 2k repair

It is a known fault covered by 3 year warranty

My bike was stored and covered securely for the past 2 years was checked last year and was fine then.

I will replace part myself when i source, have been told there are 2 types the key-less and key.

3 hours ago, freedomnow said:

Do you knot bang your knees on those fins on each side of the display....I did, could not buy that bike..OT I know...but those bikes made for thai average height...

yep that a problem for long legs