Thailand considers further easing restrictions on international arrival from May

snoop1130

6 hours ago, RandiRona said:

Why it is so difficult to TAT to understand that tourists doesn't like restrictions, filling up forms, waiting for approvals.....Vacation is about peace of mind not unnecessary aggravations due to lot of unknowns.

It has nothing to do with TAT. TAT does not make the rules, and no doubt wishes there weren't any.

Reading some of these comments….i think people just dont like being told what to do when going into another country.  A easier thai pass process proposal and still that irks a lot of you. So be it.  No worse than a hotel checkin process for you and bar girl.   Enough farangs here already now. Keep the moaners out

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Sambotte said:

Keep yourself better informed.

Has been posted here too, and it's official : no fewer, no difficulty of breathing = no hospitalization (and in fact hospitals refuse the Thais with no symptoms).

It would be good find an official pronouncement on this subject.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, smedly said:

restrictions restrictions restrictions

Power and control is all they know - but how do the people get shot of them

The UK didn't lift restrictions until the vaccination level was well over 90%.

Is Thailand in a similar position?

Why not find something more constructive to complain about rather than the continual xenophobic rants.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

That's been the rule for Thais and foreigners for ages - there has never been a difference in how Thais and foreigners are treated in this aspect.

It's been months since they hospitalised positive cases...

Thais have to isolate at home, my wifes friend just got it and she and hubby and the kids have to self isolate for 11 days, Dr's orders from Hua Hin Hospital

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ChrisY1 said:

Of course, there'll be refunds on accommodation and insurance for people like me that will be returning after May 1.....the <deleted> there will be!!

Thb 6000+ down the gurgler!

I got a refund of around 12000 baht from Agoda when quarantine was reduced from 15 days to 10 days, remember those times. Not easy, had to do a chargeback. 

7 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

Thais have to isolate at home, my wifes friend just got it and she and hubby and the kids have to self isolate for 11 days, Dr's orders from Hua Hin Hospital

Is this an infection detected from test and go? Or an already in-country infection? Because if it's the later then it's totally unrelated to the topic at hand.

8 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

My niece is a free lance doctor and is quite gainfully employed nearly every day seeing covid patients at a variety of hospitals, as outpatients.

15 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

Why they still need keep that [deleted]? Im not come back before i dont need fill Thailand Pass! Already say the Mrs."sorry i think i go few weeks in Philippines coz your country is so <deleted> up"!

What does it even do?  Don't you have to show all documents at the airport anyway?  Seems like a typical complete waste of time.

• Like 2

Will they ever get off the Prayuth Precipice?

Will the economic sabotage and destruction ever end? Will they ever admit unemployment is likely 15%?

Will they ever man up, drop the extreme cowardice, and show some courage? Or will Thailand remain a lone, isolated, pathetic, "Zombie Kingdom"? 

20220329_045749.jpg

20220329_044304.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

If Thailand does away with PCR on arrival this means no more pre-paid Hotel, PCR test and airport transport to upload to Thai Pass, so at least a step in the right direction

This only leaves the Vax certificate and insurance. Unfortunately the insurance is still a scam. When it was $100k cover, it cost 2000 baht for 30 days, it then dropped to $50k cover but still cost 2000 baht. When it dropped to $20k, it actually went up for me to 2140 baht for the 30 days. What's the point of dropping it to $10k if the fee remains the same. ..

3700 thb now for 30 days. Checked yesterday.

10 hours ago, Sambotte said:

Keep yourself better informed.

Has been posted here too, and it's official : no fewer, no difficulty of breathing = no hospitalization (and in fact hospitals refuse the Thais with no symptoms).

Yeah, they have to stay in a temple instead. Wifes mother just released...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dcheech said:

There it is and they're considering it, wow.  The other restrictions are bad enough but the' asymptomatic positive test  you pay hospital, insurance no cover clause, is the frosting on the s cake. Generally tourists do not like to pay 5K US, spend 10 - 14 days of a three week vacation in a hospital. 

Utter rubbish.  Only serious cases (sever symptoms) go to hospital.  

Why do people keep posting this nonsense?

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Captor said:

3700 thb now for 30 days. Checked yesterday.

Insurance cost depends where you are departing from but I just checked again and yep, it's gone up to 2640 baht so a 32% increase since January (cost me 2000 for $50k cover)

Edited by aussiexpat