Thailand considers further easing restrictions on international arrival from May

snoop1130

4 minutes ago, bangon04 said:

Most "national governments" in FarangLand stopped blaming vaccinated foreigners months ago for the large numbers of local "cases" transmissions that they cannot control any more anyway......

More tangents than a greengrocer.

On 4/9/2022 at 6:45 AM, aussiexpat said:

Insurance cost depends where you are departing from but I just checked again and yep, it's gone up to 2640 baht so a 32% increase since January (cost me 2000 for $50k cover)

You can get it for 1000 Baht now on basis you are just loooking for cheapest to get in and are not bothered with insurance to the hilt...

https://tqm-app.com/static/thailandpass/index.html

https://tqm-app.com/static/thailandpass/detail-ta-fwdgi.html

Edited by freedomnow

6 minutes ago, freedomnow said:

You can get it for 1000 Baht now on basis you are just loooking for cheapest to get in and are not bothered with insurance to the hilt...

[Copied from a post I made in a different thread]... 

If you're only getting the insurance to meet the Thailand Pass requirements then this policy can be had for 650 THB 

https://partner.fwdgi.co.th/en/fwdgi/corona-virus-inbound-insurance?utm_source=tqmbroker

I know a couple of guys (1 arrived Visa Exempt & the other Works here) that have used it with no problems but I don't know anybody who's had to use it to make a claim for Covid.

On 4/9/2022 at 2:07 AM, RandiRona said:

Why it is so difficult to TAT to understand that tourists doesn't like restrictions, filling up forms, waiting for approvals.....Vacation is about peace of mind not unnecessary aggravations due to lot of unknowns.

Cases never meant deaths. The same high risk people, as at the beginning, are the fatalities. The majority of humans, especially children, did not justify the extreme measures{once it was apparent who was at risk} Basically the same as risks for influenza - except children had more risk with that!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, freedomnow said:

The insurance premium may look attractive on the surface.  But a PCR test 72-hour before departure to activate the policy will set you back at least an equivalent of 2000 Bahts.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Kopitiam said:

The insurance premium may look attractive on the surface.  But a PCR test 72-hour before departure to activate the policy will set you back at least an equivalent of 2000 Bahts.

I have this policy and i have red terms. There is nowhere about pcr test. Please do quote and point which paragraph. 
policy is activated on entry, by getting immi entry stamp. 

btw in europe pcr from e27 and even with same day results. Prises do vary greatly between the countries and between laboratories. 
these pre departure pcr tests are not waste of money, because would prevent detection and detention in 10 days quarantine in thailand

Edited by internationalism

52 minutes ago, Kopitiam said:

Nice, never picked up on that. Any insurers you felt were good all-round at the moment ?

12 hours ago, bangon04 said:

Most "national governments" in FarangLand stopped blaming vaccinated foreigners months ago for the large numbers of local "cases" transmissions that they cannot control any more anyway......

Because it simply highlights their own failings to protect their own people and fear of strong action... which resulted in rather high death numbers in so called developed countries.  They would kindly ask you to forget their past errors. 

15 hours ago, freedomnow said:

Nice, never picked up on that. Any insurers you felt were good all-round at the moment ?

I have written to my insurance, and reply confirms, that you need a pcr only if your policy is not active yet. So you have to chose starting date for your policy 14 days before arrival. Policy would be active once you cross thai immigration.

If you have 1 year policy (they do start from 4200b) those 14 days gestation period is not an issue (the majority of insurers have this to prevent scammers).

But if you have only 30 days it's practically useless, because you need cover on entry, not the second part of the remaining up to 16 days stay. Still, doing PCR each time before entering might be a good idea, to prevent being tested positive in thailand and 10 days hospitel.

Quote:

"[email protected] to me

Dear Customer,

Customer must have a NEGATIVE PCR test result 72 hours before the insurance policy start date.

If you need to make a claim, we will request for a NEGATIVE PCR test record which state the date and time 72 hours prior to the policy start date.

Therefore, if you have NEGATIVE PCR test 72 hours before start date, your policy will start from the date stated in your policy otherwise you will need to wait for a period of 14 days before the policy takes effect.

Please see attached COVID Inbound brochure for more information.

Thank you

Krista

FWD General Insurance PCL"

16 hours ago, internationalism said:

I have this policy and i have red terms. There is nowhere about pcr test. Please do quote and point which paragraph. 
policy is activated on entry, by getting immi entry stamp. 1492480845_Screenshot2022-04-1115_01_25.png.fb879e5b7f7ef57cf946fb0df3d26cdf.png

This is meant for people who can't wait 14 days.  Especially now it is not required to have a PCR test to enter Thailand.

2 hours ago, internationalism said:

I have written to my insurance, and reply confirms, that you need a pcr only if your policy is not active yet. So you have to chose starting date for your policy 14 days before arrival. Policy would be active once you cross thai immigration.

If you have 1 year policy (they do start from 4200b) those 14 days gestation period is not an issue (the majority of insurers have this to prevent scammers).

But if you have only 30 days it's practically useless, because you need cover on entry, not the second part of the remaining up to 16 days stay. Still, doing PCR each time before entering might be a good idea, to prevent being tested positive in thailand and 10 days hospitel.

Quote:

"[email protected] to me

Dear Customer,

Customer must have a NEGATIVE PCR test result 72 hours before the insurance policy start date.

If you need to make a claim, we will request for a NEGATIVE PCR test record which state the date and time 72 hours prior to the policy start date.

Therefore, if you have NEGATIVE PCR test 72 hours before start date, your policy will start from the date stated in your policy otherwise you will need to wait for a period of 14 days before the policy takes effect.

Please see attached COVID Inbound brochure for more information.

Thank you

Krista

FWD General Insurance PCL"

Thanks for that - typical insurer convoluted small print terms.

I also wonder if the policy cover would still cover you if you exited Thailand and came back in during the year.

Edited by freedomnow

I look at insurance for Thailand slightly differently. Get a policy that will cover you in the event you are wiped out on a road while riding or driving, but just happens to cover you enough for a Thai Pass. You'll see actual value in that.

On 4/9/2022 at 6:09 AM, aussiexpat said:

If Thailand does away with PCR on arrival this means no more pre-paid Hotel, PCR test and airport transport to upload to Thai Pass, so at least a step in the right direction

This only leaves the Vax certificate and insurance. Unfortunately the insurance is still a scam. When it was $100k cover, it cost 2000 baht for 30 days, it then dropped to $50k cover but still cost 2000 baht. When it dropped to $20k, it actually went up for me to 2140 baht for the 30 days. What's the point of dropping it to $10k if the fee remains the same. ..

Thai logic !

On 4/10/2022 at 7:09 PM, sandyf said:

I took the decision to move to Thailand at the end of 2006, there were soldiers on the streets at the time. I was well aware my time in Thailand could be short lived.

I don't agree with everything the government does but it is their country and they have the right to govern without foreign interference. Some nations seem to think they have a god given right to stick their nose in other countries affairs.

Your comment about the population is biased and misguided. My wife,her family and most that live around this area voted for the current government and would do so again.

There is little dispute there is a culture difference in Thailand and those in the north would probably want to see the return of the Thaksin days, after all he paid them to vote.

You obviously do not live in Isaan then !