Netflix

KannikaP

What's the difference in Netflix UK or Thailand apart from the price. £15.99 in UK, Bht 415 here. Do I need a VPN to watch UK version on a Firestick, PC or Smart TV.

Any other IPTV alternatives here, but I do not need 6000 channels, 500 good ones will do.

Content.

Due to licensing deals content may or may not be available to stream in certain countries or regions.

7 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Do I need a VPN to watch UK version on a Firestick, PC or Smart TV

Yes.

8 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Any other IPTV alternatives here, but I do not need 6000 channels, 500 good ones will do.

Yes, many options detailed here over the years so a search will get you there. I think there are three or four paid services which are supported locally, and that some seem happy with.

21 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

What's the difference in Netflix UK or Thailand

Netflix UK you can watch movies with sexual content , but in Thailand those movies are banned.

I remember first joining Netflix here , half of the movies I selected were " not available in your region ".

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, NE1 said:

Netflix UK you can watch movies with sexual content , but in Thailand those movies are banned.

Meh. Not sure this is an accurate statement.

It's more down to licensing. Some content has already been licensed to someone else in a particular region, so Netflix is contractually bound to not stream it there.

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/investing/050515/why-netflix-content-different-other-countries.asp#:~:text=This is due to the,the U.S. even when traveling.

This is why folks use VPNs to access Netflix in other countries, and why Netflix continues to whitelist VPN IPs.

Pricing/packaging is affected by many factors, not the least of which is the local markets' price points, and the competition.

5 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Meh. Not sure this is an accurate statement.

Why are you not sure , have you ever seen a sex orientated movie on Netflix Thailand ?

Asking for a friend.....????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Well i use UK Netflix on my Smart TV and i don't need the use of a VPN here in Thailand.

1 hour ago, Pumpuynarak said:

UK, my son has added me on his subscription, now would that be the reason i don't need a VPN ?

Just curious here, how do you know that you are using U.K. Netflix?

Without a VPN, you are definitely using thailand Netflix.

Looks like U.K. or Ireland have the largest catalog although this is over a year old...

https://www.finder.com/netflix-usa-vs-world-content

• Like 1

I ordered a 4K Firestick from Lazada on Friday, Bht 1890 but then looked at the movies & programmes available and very little floated my boat, same on Amazon Prime. So I cancelled the stick.

I have Netflix on my Smart TV but still need a £16 subscription AND Express VPN. But with that I can get all iPlayer, ITV, Ch4 & 5.

Enough movies on P Bay, footie & F1 on Totalsportek, USTVGO for other stuff.

There are only 16 hours a day I can watch telly.

19 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Just curious here, how do you know that you are using U.K. Netflix?

Without a VPN, you are definitely using thailand Netflix.

Looks like U.K. or Ireland have the largest catalog although this is over a year old...

https://www.finder.com/netflix-usa-vs-world-content

I have assumed my son could only "add" me to his subscription which is the UK version, how would he be able to "add" me to a Thailand version ?

I can assure you i am not using a VPN on my Smart TV to access UK Netflix.

On 4/10/2022 at 9:01 PM, NE1 said:

Thailand is progressive society. They have arranged you to experience it first hand with wide selection of GO GOs and working actors!????

????????????????????

Edited by RandiRona
  • Haha 1

On 4/11/2022 at 8:01 AM, NE1 said:

I remember first joining Netflix here , half of the movies I selected were " not available in your region ".

Is 50 Shades Of Grey considered a movie with sexual content ?

Its in my Thai Netflix.

netflix.jpg.afd18e964584230c4aa541ee3143c2e1.jpg

5 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Is 50 Shades Of Grey considered a movie with sexual content ?

Its in my Thai Netflix.

But have you watched it and is it censored ?

Edited by NE1

7 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Censored as in bits blurred out ?

No , censored as in bits out of the movie edited out for countries where there is a stricter censorship.

I have not watched the movie so I couldn't begin to guess what is , was or not censored.

When I made the comment about Netflix and Thai cansorship , I was commenting on my experience when Netflix first became available to Thailand in 2016.

Things might have changed , I hope they have. 

Edited by NE1

20 hours ago, KannikaP said:

I ordered a 4K Firestick from Lazada on Friday, Bht 1890 but then looked at the movies & programmes available and very little floated my boat, same on Amazon Prime. So I cancelled the stick.

I have Netflix on my Smart TV but still need a £16 subscription AND Express VPN. But with that I can get all iPlayer, ITV, Ch4 & 5.

Enough movies on P Bay, footie & F1 on Totalsportek, USTVGO for other stuff.

There are only 16 hours a day I can watch telly.

I am not a tech guy.
I have a smart TV as well with Netflix installed.
How to change the region?
VPN on laptop and stream to TV?

Same for Amazon Prime. I'm quite surprised some of the sex scenes in "Peaky Blinders" got through, as well as the language.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

8 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

This only works with Express on certain routers, certainly not the one supplied by 3BB.

Edited by KannikaP

1 hour ago, phetphet said:

Sometimes even with VPN I cannot watch due to buffering. I used to to watch Netflix US because it had more content, then buffering became so bad that it was impossible. Not sure if due to Netflix or internet provider.

Netflix are clamping down even more on this now.

Just curious- what can you get on Netflix with buffing & payment etc , that you can not get an hour or so after it has come out for free on the internet? 

• Like 1

So, you like to look sex movies, right? Good for you.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, phetphet said:

I think you are wrong. I too have a UK subscription, but if I try to watch the UK ( or US) service without VPN or unblocker. I cannot connect and will get a message that something went wrong and an error number. Netflix checks your IP address.

Sometimes even with VPN I cannot watch due to buffering. I used to to watch Netflix US because it had more content, then buffering became so bad that it was impossible. Not sure if due to Netflix or internet provider.

Netflix are clamping down even more on this now.

Just because you may be watching all English language programs, including well known UK shows does not mean you are watching UK Netflix. You will need to actually go into your settings to check.

Even with UK subscription, if you travelled to the US, you will only be able to watch US Netflix, Australia, Aussie Netflix, Thailand, Thai Netflix.

HTH

Well if what you say is correct i must be watching the Thai version of Netflix cos i certainly am not using a VPN to watch on my Smart TV.

As i previously stated i am not a Netflix subscriber here in Thailand, i get access cos my son in the UK has added me to his Netflix account.

51 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

got it playing now, I see plenty of naked female nipples...

The fella's bare ass is quiet taut if thats your thing.

EDIT: the lady is not clean shaven, tidy looking hairy mound.

Had to can that, too raunchy and iam too lazy to rub one out.

Resumed watching Billions and now there is a fella naked wearing a gimp mask getting done up the Ruby Starfruit by some sheila dressed in black leather wearing a large rubber attachment.... thank the lord the camera angle does not permit full viewing.