Online 90 day report declined, my experience

8 minutes ago, easydoor said:

No surprise the 90d report has been rejected. A 90d report is the confirmation you stay at a certain adres, noting more noting less. So you write nothing new in your message.

But I'm staying in Chiang Mai, where I also got an extension last month, but they rejected my 90 day report for this address.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FriendlyFarang said:

But I'm staying in Chiang Mai, where I also got an extension last month, but they rejected my 90 day report for this address.

You may well have got an extension. However an extension is not a report of staying at an address. So if you neglected to do a report of staying at an address is it surprising that they will refuse your 90 day report for an address that you are not officially staying at.

So in essence you are complaining that they will not accept a report of of staying at an address that you are not officially staying at?

So where is the problem?

Do an official report of staying at your current address. And 90 day report of staying in Thailand will be accepted at the address.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

So if you neglected to do a report of staying at an address is it surprising that they will refuse your 90 day report for an address that you are not officially staying at.

So in essence you are complaining that they will not accept a report of of staying at an address that you are not officially staying at?

So where is the problem?

Do an official report of staying at your current address. And 90 day report of staying in Thailand will be accepted at the address.

I did this already, as I wrote in my post:

15 hours ago, FriendlyFarang said:

At some point last year I did a TM30 for my condo in Chiang Mai.

There is no requirement for me to do another TM30 for the same address, so the 90 day report for this address should have been accepted.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, FriendlyFarang said:

You need to fill properly the address as they understand it it s confusing but it works… just follow this it did worked for me

https://colorfulhorizon.com/destinations/thailand/how-to-fill-correctly-your-90-days-report-online

2 hours ago, FriendlyFarang said:

There is no requirement for me to do another TM30 for the same address, so the 90 day report for this address should have been accepted.

A TM30 for 1 address cancels a previous TM30 for a previous address. So since there was a TM30 as you say at your GFs address that is your official residence. To move your official address back to CM you need another TM30 for CM

If the sequence is not

TM30 CM

TM30 GF

then your original post is badly written 

TM30s apart from hotels cancel all previous TM30s

so the old TM30 from CM is cancelled, it is no more, it has turned up its toes. It has expired and gone to meet its maker, its a stiff! Bereft of life, it rests in peace!  it's pushing up the daisies, Its metabolic processes are now history, its kicked the bucket, its shuffled off its mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the choir invisible!! It's an ex TM30 to paraphrase the immortal words

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Haha 2

Geeze, Op was just letting peeps know his recent experience which may be of help to others, some of the replies are a bit harsh IMO, ok maybe he was unaware of a few points so the forum is to discuss and help others is it not, No need to jump on him which it seems to me you are, lighten up Guys, have a Coke & a Smile, confirm the requirements and all good no need to have a go at the OP 

• Like 2

Correct me if I'm wrong,  but I understand there is NO requirement to do a TM30 when traveling around Thailand,or even going overseas IF you return to the same (registered address.). Only needed if you move to a new permanent address. 

I travel around everywhere, never do a new TM30!!

Do 90 days report online using my permanent Thailand address. 

15 minutes ago, orchidfan said:

Only needed if you move to a new permanent address. 

He did a new TM30 report while in another province when he applied for a 60 day covid 19 extension. That changed his address.

• Like 2

Last month I attempted to submit my 90 day report online. It took about three hours to get the system to work and I submitted the application. Two days later I get notice that it was declined, no reason given. I immediately submitted a postal application which was approved within 14 days. TIT

2 hours ago, orchidfan said:

Correct me if I'm wrong,  but I understand there is NO requirement to do a TM30 when traveling around Thailand,or even going overseas IF you return to the same (registered address.). Only needed if you move to a new permanent address. 

I travel around everywhere, never do a new TM30!!

Do 90 days report online using my permanent Thailand address. 

That is correct, only if you do a TM30 at a different address do you need to do one at your usual permanent address again. As I mentioned above a new address TM30 will cancel your previous address registration.

Since the OP had to do a TM30 at his girlfriend’s address to allow him to get an extension from that local office he has to use that address until he does another in TM30 in CM

Stays in hotels, trips abroad are all reported but don’t change your registered address

• Like 1

On 4/12/2022 at 7:50 PM, sometimewoodworker said:

That is correct, only if you do a TM30 at a different address do you need to do one at your usual permanent address again. As I mentioned above a new address TM30 will cancel your previous address registration.

The police order from 2020 says that a repeated TM30 report is not nessecary:

So my 90 day report should have been accepted.

The IO who processed my extension had no problem with my "old" TM30 report.

The IO who processed my 90 day report probably wanted to see a new TM30.

1 hour ago, FriendlyFarang said:

The police order from 2020 says that a repeated TM30 report is not nessecary:

So my 90 day report should have been accepted.

The IO who processed my extension had no problem with my "old" TM30 report.

The IO who processed my 90 day report probably wanted to see a new TM30.

You have not read the ruling you are quoting or have completely misunderstood it.

According to your information you originally had done a TM30 in Chang Mai.

Trips abroad and staying in hotels in Thailand do not cancel that TM30, that is the change you are quoting.

A subsequent TM30 in a private residence that is not operating as a hotel or guest house does cancel the Chang Mai TM30. So your TM30 in your girlfriends residence is now your official Thai residence until or unless you do another TM30 at a private address

The Thai immigration police require to know your address. You may not like it but it is the current law.

TIT YMMV that the officer who processed your extension let it slide or didn’t check the database was your luck not your entitlement.

• Like 1

It seems like every time Hubby or I get another one-year extension for retirement in Chiang Mai that the online 90 day report system rejects us for the next report and we have to go to Immigration's easy-peasy drive-thru window.  Our extensions are not at the same time of year and are not connected to each other's visas.  It's like the 90 day online system doesn't know, somehow, that we just got a new extension a few weeks ago.

After this once-a-year trip to file a 90-day report in person, we can use the online 90 day report system just fine for the rest of the year.  This may just be a Chiang Mai problem.

On 4/14/2022 at 11:29 AM, sometimewoodworker said:

You have not read the ruling you are quoting or have completely misunderstood it.

According to your information you originally had done a TM30 in Chang Mai.

Trips abroad and staying in hotels in Thailand do not cancel that TM30, that is the change you are quoting.

A subsequent TM30 in a private residence that is not operating as a hotel or guest house does cancel the Chang Mai TM30. So your TM30 in your girlfriends residence is now your official Thai residence until or unless you do another TM30 at a private address

I think you are the one who misunderstood it. I don't see anythnig in this order which makes a distinction between a house or a hotel, imho it applies to both equally.

Can you quote the section which makes a distinction?

2.2 After the house holder, owner or possessor of the premise or hotel manager has reported as defined in Article 2.1, the same alien has left the premise and returned for another stay within the valid period, the house holder, owner or possessor of the premise or hotel manager do not need to make another report.

Me as the possessor of the premise, reported myself as staying there. I left and returned to the same premise, so me as possessor do not need to make another report for myself.

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, FriendlyFarang said:

I think you are the one who misunderstood it. I don't see anythnig in this order which makes a distinction between a house or a hotel, imho it applies to both equally.

Can you quote the section which makes a distinction?

Me as the possessor of the premise, reported myself as staying there. I left and returned to the same premise, so me as possessor do not need to make another report for myself.

You can argue as much as you like, you should realise that any English wording is at best a rough approximation of the ruling Thai language original. 

an unofficial translation ofwhich can be found below,

It does not change the fact that a TM30 in a private residence cancels any previous TM30 at any previous private address. I really don’t understand why you are failing to comprehend this.

You changed your permanent address when you did a TM30 at your GFs address 

The law/ruling was changed to allow stays in hotels or trips abroad not to effect a TM30 at a private residence.
You did not stay in a hotel. You stayed in a private residence.

You did not take a trip abroad. You stayed in a private residence.

You submitted a TM30 at the private address, that TM30 at a private address cancelled the previous TM30. A cancelled TM30 is dead

the horse is dead, there is no point in beating it anymore.

6 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

It does not change the fact that a TM30 in a private residence cancels any previous TM30 at any previous private address. I really don’t understand why you are failing to comprehend this.

Because it seems like it's not written anywhere and it's just your personal interpretation.

Actually the order says the contrary.

Edited by FriendlyFarang

15 minutes ago, FriendlyFarang said:

Because it seems like it's not written anywhere and it's just your personal interpretation.

Actually the order says the contrary.

Do please read the law it is specifically addressed to stays in hotels, a guesthouse is classed as a hotel.

Regulations of the Royal Thai Police
regarding the reporting by host, owner or possessor of the premise or manager of
hotels that registering the alien with a permission of temporary stay in the Kingdom.

By virtue of Section 38 of the third paragraph of the Immigration Act B.E.
2522, Commissioner-General has determined the regulation on host, owner or
possessor of the premise or manager of hotels that registering the alien with a
permission of temporary stay in the Kingdom as follows:

Article 1. To repeal the police regulation regarding host, owner or
possessor of the premise or manager of hotels that registering the alien with a
permission of temporary stay in the Kingdom dated 25 May 1979 (2522).

F9DD43BF-0B8B-4C78-902B-A7ADA214493F.jpeg.94dfe393b4037f7f719383eb16276a10.jpeg

6 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Do please read the law it is specifically addressed to stays in hotels, a guesthouse is classed as a hotel.

It says "or", hotels is just one of the things it addresses.

- host of the premise

or

- owner of the premise

or

- possessor of the premise

or

- manager of hotel

I'm reting a condo, so in my case I'm the "possessor of the premise".

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, FriendlyFarang said:

It says "or", hotels is just one of the things it addresses.

- host of the premise

or

- owner of the premise

or

- possessor of the premise

or

- manager of hotel

I'm reting a condo, so in my case I'm the "possessor of the premise".

Your interpretation is wrong. 

15 minutes ago, bang saen guy said:

Anyone accessed thee reporting site today? Seems to be down

It was down yesterday but it was working this morning. But now it is down again.

They may be working on the servers since is has been a long holiday.

I just had 2 reports (for Cambodian household staff) rejected. Both have TM30's, no change in address, and both had previously usewd the site with no problem.

No explanation, just "rejected".

Any ideas?

11 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

just had 2 reports (for Cambodian household staff) rejected. Both have TM30's, no change in address, and both had previously usewd the site with no problem.

It could be a error when entering the info on the site.

Did they use the option to enter the their passport number and nationality and then click the magnifying glass to complete the report?

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Did they use the option to enter the their passport number and nationality and then click the magnifying glass to complete the report?

Tried to but got message "no application report history found" or words to that effect

I have double-checked as the report still shows, just not accepted) and no error in it

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Joe, I stupidly put ''British Colonist'' on my previous report. If I change that to ''British'' and enter my passport number, then use the auto fill will that upset the apple cart.? 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Tried to but got message "no application report history found" or words to that effect

Is it the first time on the new site?

If not the first time does their previous TM47 show when clicking check status of application appear.

The info to compete the new report is from the previous TM47.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Is it the first time on the new site?

If not the first time does their previous TM47 show when clicking check status of application appear.

The info to compete the new report is from the previous TM47.

It might be the first time on this new site as I made the registration only in December. But it is not the first time doing an online report.

I was able to make a report for myself in March, that was the first time for me on the new site but no problem encountered then.

I don't recall hearing that others had their applications denied first time on this new site? (If they did then all applications would have been denied at first try on the site.....)