Motorbike driver dies after being run over by truck in Ban Bueng

webfact

278184638_1837647596439211_5632733780063459590_n-696x392.jpg

By Goong Nang(GN)

Ban Bueng – A female motorbike driver has been pronounced dead at the scene after she was run over by a truck in the Ban Bueng district.

The Ban Bueng Police were notified of the accident over the past weekend at the Ban Bueng-Pattaya Intersection.

Emergency responders arrived at the scene to find the body of Ms. Jantaras Memak, 47. Nearby,

response teams found the damaged motorbike and a helmet lying on the pavement. It was unclear if the helmet was being worn by Jantaras during the accident and came off or if the helmet had been unused.

Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/04/12/motorbike-driver-dies-after-being-run-over-by-truck-in-ban-bueng/

PattayaNews.jpg

-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-04-12

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, Card said:

Does it really matter if the helmet was used or not? It wouldn't have protected her from being run over by a truck would it? Think about it and get back to me.

Yes... It matters. 

The reports we read here are always absent of specifics and key details.

Was she hit by the lorry and hit her head on the ground etc...

OR, did the lorry actually ‘run over’ and ‘squash her’ (I know, the idea is somewhat gruesome).

The article used the term ‘run over’ (transliterated) - but that is a common term used when involved in a vehicular accident as a pedestrian, cyclist or motorcyclist. 

So.. we don’t really know if the helmet would have helped or not, but we do know in the vast majority of incidents helmets do make a difference. No need to think about it get back to me on that one !! 

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

These Thai trucks kill more people than anthrax. 

Not saying that is the case here, but many drive without due care and attention and at excessive speed.

I often work in Laem Chabang and the problem is very evident here.

18 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

I often work in Laem Chabang and the problem is very evident here.

I live not far from there close to Hwy 36, of course a lot of heavy traffic passes my way that travels on towards and from Rayong. So I too see similar, and often the aftermath of driving malpractices.