Windows 10 to Windows 11, what will happen?

JeffersLos

3 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

After researching.

https://www.coolblue.nl/en/advice/windows-10-home-vs-windows-10-pro.html

I neither need nor want any of the extras that 10 Pro has, so will stick with Home until upgrading to 11, thanks. 

You don't until you do. It's unquestionably best to upgrade for reasons given and more, given that it's so cheap and easy to do so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So when booting Windows 11 for the first time, my two browsers - Firefox and Chrome will still be installed and ready to roll with all my bookmarks and passwords still saved, or I would need to download both browsers again and import bookmarks and passwords?

TIA.

Edited by JeffersLos

8 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

So when booting Windows 11 for the first time, my two browsers - Firefox and Chrome will still be installed and ready to roll with all my bookmarks and passwords still saved, or I would need to download both browsers again and import bookmarks and passwords?

TIA.

What Bookmarks would these be, if it's a new laptop? Back up the Browser profiles in any case, so that you can import those things in case of any failure.

No need to rush into installing 11 unless it has something that you really want. Upgrade to 10 Pro and retain more control over the OS. Easier to defer Feature Updates etc

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/defer-feature-updates-in-windows-10-770c0ea8-eee5-ae25-f695-8e33f541e04d

• Like 2

I updated about 2 months ago, it works well but is not quite as user friendly and a bit harder to do/find things when you first use it. You will need to alter the menu so programs you use often are listed, you will also have to get rid of all the garbage programs they automatically add to it, they have made it harder to utilize some programs, downloading multiple pics from a camera is no longer straight forward and you have to search to find/change some items that were easily accessed in 10, Over all it runs well and if they fix up some of the issues using programs etc it should be pretty good but they havent had a decent windows since xp, that was a great program. You dont lose any programs/files etc on the change over but you do need to tweak a few afterwards, all up it was easy to upgrade

Edited by seajae
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JeffersLos said:

About 100 from over the last 10 years.

Export/back up your Browser profiles to an external drive. Everything should be intact, but in case they throw you a curve ball, you'll be able to import them from the external drive.

Better to upgrade to 10 Pro than to 11 Home anyway. Then when you do choose to upgrade, better 11 Pro than 11 Home...which will happen if you have upgraded to 10 Pro...when you decide. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JeffersLos said:

I sure am.

I want or need nothing that the pro editions have over the home editions of 10 and 11. ???? 

You sure are not. If you knew more, you wouldn't have started this thread in the first place. We know better, you don't. Let's leave it there.

• Haha 1