Three-year-old Japanese boy rescued from drowning at home in Pattaya area

snoop1130

620449-696x388.jpg

A three-year-old boy has been rescued from drowning at a home in the Pattaya area yesterday (April 12th).

Emergency responders were notified of the incident at 5:00 P.M. at a house in a housing estate in the Huayyai sub-district.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

The first response teams and The Pattaya News arrived at the scene to find the three-year-old Japanese boy, whose name was withheld by editorial policy, who had been already pulled up from the swimming pool at the house. He was rushed to a local hospital.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/04/13/three-year-old-japanese-boy-rescued-from-drowning-at-home-in-pattaya-area/

PattayaNews.jpg

-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-04-13

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Sad 1

Don’t blame the pool or child. Blame the parents or those who we’re supposed to be watching him. At least they must have seen or heard it fairly quickly as they pulled him out. Best of luck in recovery for the child. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, law ling said:

Best wishes for a full recovery by the lad (without brain damage from extended oxygen deprivation).

In some countries (like Australia) home pools must be fenced - in an attempt to avoid just this (although the OP is not clear if he was being supervised or not at the time).

I had frameless pool gates and fencing installed at our home on Phuket just in case some kids somehow got into the yard and thus the pool area. The developer/builder was quite surprised when I stipulated this as essential. 

• Like 1

CPR is not difficult to learn and should be taught in schools using a CPR Dummy, or at least have a Poster in the class rooms, even better make it mandatory for all pool installers/owners to have a poster poolside on display.

788909081_images(59).jpg.db6d41a14f863ab985b5f4bee497a4ed.jpg

10 hours ago, brianthainess said:

CPR is not difficult to learn and should be taught in schools using a CPR Dummy, or at least have a Poster in the class rooms, even better make it mandatory for all pool installers/owners to have a poster poolside on display.

788909081_images(59).jpg.db6d41a14f863ab985b5f4bee497a4ed.jpg

Yes, good idea. Could be combined with swimming lessons, as it's the number one killer of kids here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Smithson said:

Yes, good idea. Could be combined with swimming lessons, as it's the number one killer of kids here.

I taught myself to swim using a poster believe it or not, by laying across a dinning room chair to practice the strokes, as shown on the poster, started in the sea with rubber ring, while Mum & Dad slept in deckchairs on the beach ????, both them and my older sisters never could swim.