Trip to Malaysia, Covid Documents etc.

pauleddy

I have just had Moderna booster and I have a hospital-stamped paper certifying this and 2 previous AZ.

I plan to see friends in KL next month, going by air.

Is this certificate enough for flying? Or is there still some kind of Covid passport?? None of the nurses was able to answer this, although one said I could obtain this other document at the airport (in my case Don Muang)...even though she thought I had to get it well in advance.

Also: I understand that Malaysia is "open" but I'm not sure if they want an LFT done on arrival.

Also: (Today is 14 April) Do I still need the 1-day hotel here when I land, or is this history now?

Eddy

The following rules are applying:

General Requirements

MEDICAL DOCUMENTS

• Recognized Proof of Vaccination
  • Negative COVID-19 Test (RT-PCR) Result from DOH-accredited laboratories, taken within two (2) days prior to departure  
  • Additional Medical Documents for Travelers who have been infected with COVID-19:
    • Printed or digital laboratory test result showing evidence that traveler was infected with COVID-19 within eleven (11) to sixty (60) days before departure to Malaysia
    • Travelers with history of hospitalization must submit a Fit to Travel letter from the hospital
    • Travelers who have not been hospitalized shall undergo professional RTK-Ag test two (2) days before travel. (Travel shall be allowed if test result is negative).

TRAVEL DOCUMENTS

• Registration to the MySejahtera online application three (3) days before entering Malaysia.
    • Fully vaccinated travelers will be issued a “Digital Travelers Card” (Blue Traveller Card).
    • Partially vaccinated and unvaccinated travelers will be issued a “Digital Home Surveillance Order (HSO)” for five (5) days (Red Traveller Card).
    • Travelers without a “Digital Travelers Card” or “Digital Home Surveillance Order” will not be permitted to continue travel.
  • Travel & Health Insurance with a minimum coverage of USD20,000 (for Short-Term foreign visitors

8 hours ago, pauleddy said:

hospital-stamped paper certifying this and 2 previous AZ.

Get the yellow book.

50 baht at a registered public hospital.

Takes a week.  Longer because of Songkran.

Or download the app.

My wife finally did it for me (app). Worked as we needed it to enter an empty Dinasour museum of all places.

On 4/14/2022 at 4:02 PM, PeachCH said:

The following rules are applying:

General Requirements

MEDICAL DOCUMENTS

• Recognized Proof of Vaccination
  • Negative COVID-19 Test (RT-PCR) Result from DOH-accredited laboratories, taken within two (2) days prior to departure  
  • Additional Medical Documents for Travelers who have been infected with COVID-19:
    • Printed or digital laboratory test result showing evidence that traveler was infected with COVID-19 within eleven (11) to sixty (60) days before departure to Malaysia
    • Travelers with history of hospitalization must submit a Fit to Travel letter from the hospital
    • Travelers who have not been hospitalized shall undergo professional RTK-Ag test two (2) days before travel. (Travel shall be allowed if test result is negative).

TRAVEL DOCUMENTS

• Registration to the MySejahtera online application three (3) days before entering Malaysia.
    • Fully vaccinated travelers will be issued a “Digital Travelers Card” (Blue Traveller Card).
    • Partially vaccinated and unvaccinated travelers will be issued a “Digital Home Surveillance Order (HSO)” for five (5) days (Red Traveller Card).
    • Travelers without a “Digital Travelers Card” or “Digital Home Surveillance Order” will not be permitted to continue travel.
  • Travel & Health Insurance with a minimum coverage of USD20,000 (for Short-Term foreign visitors

Good advice. I've been twice. The MySej app is easy to use, much quicker than ThailandPass. You can then get your COVID test within 24 hours either at the airport or any private clinic - I used the drive through tent at the KL Sentral arrival hall, where the airport train arrives. Immigration was a breeze too, no queues.

Malaysia is fully open for international tourists.

Basically, it's quite simple actually :

1. Download the MySejahtera app and create an account
  2. Fill-up the digital pre-departure form via the ‘Traveller’ icon on MySejahtera
  3. Verify your digital COVID-19 vaccine certificate here.
  4. Take a pre-departure COVID-19 test within 2 days of departure
  5. Purchase COVID-19 travel insurance (for short-term foreign visitors)
  6. Professional rapid antigen test (RTK-Ag) within 24 hours of arrival
  7. 5 days quarantine for partially vaccinated or unvaccinated travellers. Book your quarantine facilities here.

There is no need to book hotel like in thailand for vaccinated tourists.

A lot of helpful information on the MySejahtera app.