TM30 still required?

You can do it online on the ‘Section 38’ App... 

Do not try to do it on the Immigration website - that doesn’t work properly, but the App is simple enough to use. 

You don’t get any form of receipt etc... do take a screenshot as proof of submission. 

In reality, it doesn’t matter if the Op is a tourist and is just coming here for a few months and will leave again via the airport. But, IF the ‘guest’ is going to apply for extensions etc at CW they may want to see proof of their registration. 

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

You can do it online on the ‘Section 38’ App... 

Do not try to do it on the Immigration website - that doesn’t work properly, but the App is simple enough to use. 

You don’t get any form of receipt etc... do take a screenshot as proof of submission. 

In reality, it doesn’t matter if the Op is a tourist and is just coming here for a few months and will leave again via the airport. But, IF the ‘guest’ is going to apply for extensions etc at CW they may want to see proof of their registration. 

Thanks ????

20 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

link to app? thanks

Edit: never mind, found it. It seems to be very buggy, Thai style ????

I'll take a link to that app. I've done searches on both the App Store on my MacBook and also the App Store on my phone, but don't see any "section38" app.

29 minutes ago, srowndedbyh2o said:

I'll take a link to that app. I've done searches on both the App Store on my MacBook and also the App Store on my phone, but don't see any "section38" app.

A quick google search (on my computer).

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=th.go.immigration.section38&hl=en&gl=US

https://apps.apple.com/th/app/section38/id1451853492

You may need to set your Appstore county settings to source the App in the Thai Apple Store (I’m not sure if thats also necessary with Google Play). 

On 4/15/2022 at 8:37 AM, richard_smith237 said:

I think the app is Geo locked as it claims not compatible with any of my devices.

The web based site also seems to be down. https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/

I will try again with a VPN.

3 minutes ago, stubuzz said:
On 4/15/2022 at 8:37 AM, richard_smith237 said:

I think the app is Geo locked as it claims not compatible with any of my devices.

The web based site also seems to be down. https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/

I will try again with a VPN.

I'm not sure if its ‘Geo locked’ IF you are in Thailand it works (most of the time). 

BUT..  I’ve not tried the App with an Android device, so perhaps someone else can confirm.

Don’t even bother with the website - it simply doesn’t work, never has (I ended up in a repeated error) - The Section38 App which I downloaded to my Wife's iPad (from the Thai App store (apple)) worked fine when we last submitted a report.

Give the App another try - maybe alter your settings to Thailand. It would be a shame to have to go to Immigration or file a report via the post if this can be done simply online. 

I just tried to use the app to check if my TM30 is up to date before I renew my visa in a few months. It fails to connect and only shows the error message in Thai (after setting the app to English). It fails to connect before you get the chance to type in your login details.

Website also not loading.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, blindcloud said:

I just tried to use the app to check if my TM30 is up to date before I renew my visa in a few months. It fails to connect and only shows the error message in Thai (after setting the app to English). It fails to connect before you get the chance to type in your login details.

Immigrations servers seem to be down. The app connects to them for info and etc.

The online 90 day reporting site is also down.;

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, blindcloud said:

Ah well then...  Back to ‘situation normal’....

Its an embarrassment for the Thai Government and Immigration that these Apps do not work. 

Thailand Pass was an utter farce at the beginning (its better now). 

Of course, no one is a position of influence or decision making power cares at all.... any why would they?, I doesn’t impact them at all. 

On 4/15/2022 at 12:37 PM, richard_smith237 said:

A quick google search (on my computer).

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=th.go.immigration.section38&hl=en&gl=US

https://apps.apple.com/th/app/section38/id1451853492

You may need to set your Appstore county settings to source the App in the Thai Apple Store (I’m not sure if thats also necessary with Google Play). 

Thanks. My iPhones region is still set to United States. I had assumed that if the VPN on my phone was off or set to Thailand that was all I needed. 

If I change my region to Thailand, will it affect updates to other apps I have on my phone, or access to U.S. based websites like banking or Amazon Prime videos or Netflix?