The death of music

sipi

17 minutes ago, n00dle said:

Every old fart ever has complained that music is dead or dying. Yet somehow it persists.

This thread is little more than a tired cliche.

Name a few recent bands who make the same standard  music of banks like Pink Floyd , Rolling stones , Bowie etc . 

Who are this generations music makers ?

• Thanks 2

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

Name a few recent bands who make the same standard  music of banks like Pink Floyd , Rolling stones , Bowie etc . 

why would i even bother to engage in such a curmudgeonly circular discussion? We both know already you wouldn't accept any answers i gave you. The fact that you would even ask the question is proof of my point.

I could, however, ask what do Bowie, Pink Floyd or the Rolling Stones have against Mozart, Beethhoven or Vivaldi?

2 minutes ago, n00dle said:

why would i even bother to engage in such a curmudgeonly circular discussion? We both know already you wouldn't accept any answers i gave you. The fact that you would even ask the question is proof of my point.

I could, however, ask what do Bowie, Pink Floyd or the Rolling Stones have against Mozart, Beethhoven or Vivaldi?

Because if you told me some bands who currently are making music to the same caliber as bands from previous generations, you would back up your claim that music is still alive and isnt dying  .

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Because if you told me some bands who currently are making music to the same caliber as bands from previous generations, you would back up your claim that music is still alive and isnt dying  .

Blah blah. I know pointless discussion when i see one.

Y'all have a nice day listening to the Victrola.

29 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Rammstein "Radio"

???? Maybe there is no big money in music anymore?

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Not where I lived.

Anyway the electronic garbage they like to blast at volume 11 hadn't been invented back then. It's not the music per se that's annoying, but the beat that is all one can hear at half a kilometer away. It's like someone hitting one's wall with a hammer over and over for hours.

Out of interest: What music did you like when you were young? And did your parents and other older people like that music at that time. Or did they tell you something like: Put the volume down on that garbage... ?

1 hour ago, n00dle said:

Every old fart ever has complained that music is dead or dying. Yet somehow it persists.

This thread is little more than a tired cliche.

This is my kids music room. Count the instruments.

This thread is a bit more than a tired cliche.

IMG20220419162243.jpg

IMG20220419162252.jpg

5 minutes ago, sipi said:

This is my kids music room. Count the instruments.

This thread is a bit more than a tired cliche.

IMG20220419162243.jpg

IMG20220419162252.jpg

OK, so the current generation still makes music to the same standard as previous generations because your kid has some instruments in his room ?

7 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

OK, so the current generation still makes music to the same standard as previous generations because your kid has some instruments in his room ?

No, my kid is a certified bass guitarist from the Australian Music Examination Board, otherwise known as Rockschool. He is proficient in written music.

But he cut his teeth on eighties and nineties Rock and jazz, because there isn't much to learn after that I'm guessing.

Edit, u could also try reading my previous posts, I'm actually agreeing with you.

Edited by sipi

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Both bands were formed in 1994 , which is 28 years ago . 

Hardly, this generation, is it ?

And the songs? Who said the bands has to be young?

Sadly John Peel is not with us any more so where do we go to listen to this generations music? Or any new music?

Edited by VocalNeal

1 hour ago, sipi said:

No, my kid is a certified bass guitarist from the Australian Music Examination Board, otherwise known as Rockschool. He is proficient in written music.

But he cut his teeth on eighties and nineties Rock and jazz, because there isn't much to learn after that I'm guessing.

Edit, u could also try reading my previous posts, I'm actually agreeing with you.

I start another thread asking if anyone wants to join a jam session with a 10 year old, and no-one is interested.

I start a thread commenting on music and the experts come from everywhere.

I might shut this one down, please Charlie. It's going nowhere.

22 minutes ago, sipi said:

I start a thread asking if anyone wants to join a jam session with a 10 year old, and no-one is interested.

I start a thread commenting on music and the experts come from everywhere.

I might shut this one down, please Charlie. It's going nowhere.

Nowhere in your OP did you mention jamming with a 10 year old.

What you asked "Is music dead"

But I'm no expert. 

12 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Nowhere in your OP did you mention jamming with a 10 year old.

What you asked "Is music dead"

But I'm no expert. 

2 different threads.

This one is about "is music dead"

The other one is about jamming with a 10 year old.

I thought that would have been obvious.