What are the current visa run options?

My friend did a very positive  Cambodia non-o thai spouse visa run. Well actually not run he got a new non-o visa. 

He applied on monday and got it friday afternoon.

He said they checked all documents really strict. But no questions asked, no problems. 

Edited by problemfarang
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

My friend did a very positive  Cambodia non-o thai spouse visa run. Well actually not run he got a new non-o visa. 

He applied on monday and got it friday afternoon.

He said they checked all documents really strict. But no questions asked, no problems. 

Single entry visa only, right?

• Like 1

On 4/17/2022 at 9:14 PM, ThLT said:

Those who entered on a Non-Immigrant visa apparently can't get COVID extensions anymore. Some people need to get a Non-Immigrant B visa for work (and can't change inside the country). 

What ?  Covid extensions are given again for all visa categories, that is what I have read here.  You can get a Non-B visa inside the Country. I did that..  You can get a Retirement visa inside the Country. I also did that.

53 minutes ago, thaitom said:

Wasn't it just changed from the recent visa exempt and tourist visa covid extensions only? To all categories as it was previously 

No

It has been the same since January and no changes were made when they issued another extension of it in March.

1 hour ago, thaitom said:

Wasn't it just changed from the recent visa exempt and tourist visa covid extensions only? To all categories as it was previously 

Think you're thinking agent assisted extensions, because now agents can do them for all visa types again. 

You can get a Non-B visa inside the Country. I did that..  You can get a Retirement visa inside the Country. I also did that.

Like I said, those who entered on a Non-Immigrant visa. Can't change Non-Immigrant visa category inside the country.

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Which agents can obtain CE for those that entered with non O for example..

All agents that could do CEs before the change can do them now again, at least the ones I've spoken to. So yes, that includes the one big agent everybody knows about.

Edited by zugzug123

I have zero experience with visa agents. If you work with an agent, do they go to immigration instead of you?

Or do you have to go to immigration yourself, and they go with you and stand next to you?

9 hours ago, ThLT said:

Like I said, those who entered on a Non-Immigrant visa. Can't change Non-Immigrant visa category inside the country.

That is true, but there should be no need to do so. You simply change the reason for extensions of your permission to stay, and the original category of your Non Immigrant visa is irrelevant.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, thaitom said:

Hmmm. I changed from a Non-B to a Non+O in Country.

I almost 100% certain you did not get a new visa. What you did was change the reason for your extension of permission to stay, which requires no new visa.

2 hours ago, BritTim said:

I almost 100% certain you did not get a new visa. What you did was change the reason for your extension of permission to stay, which requires no new visa.

Here are photos, I am 100% sure that this is my passport .

IMG_20220421_094614.jpg

IMG_20220421_094630.jpg

IMG_20220421_094641.jpg

53 minutes ago, BritTim said:

5 minutes ago, thaitom said:

This is what I read. I am sure you know the  thaivisa forum. 

I am not sure that is 100% correct since people have already been denied the extension if they entered with a non immigrant visa.

I quite believe you that this is your passport. What I do not believe is that (in spite of various other stamps in the "visa" pages of the passport) you have any Non O visa shown in the photos you posted. Most of the stamps are not visas. It might be helpful to show your passport to someone with a good grasp of Thai immigration stamps and rules so they can explain what each means. This is often helpful in understanding your future options going forward.

In summary, the stamps you show are a Non B visa (and associated 90-day permission to stay) issued at immigration in January this year, a one-year extension based on retirement ending April next year, and a 90-day notification receipt from February.

Edited by BritTim

3 hours ago, BritTim said:

I quite believe you that this is your passport. What I do not believe is that (in spite of various other stamps in the "visa" pages of the passport) you have any Non O visa shown in the photos you posted. Most of the stamps are not visas. It might be helpful to show your passport to someone with a good grasp of Thai immigration stamps and rules so they can explain what each means. This is often helpful in understanding your future options going forward.

In summary, the stamps you show are a Non B visa (and associated 90-day permission to stay) issued at immigration in January this year, a one-year extension based on retirement ending April next year, and a 90-day notification receipt from February.

Hmm... well how did I get from a Non-B to a one year retirement extension. ? I went to Immigration asked for a Non-O retirementwith handed over all the paperwork and  1900. Baht. Left with 14 months stamped in the passport.  Amazing

1 minute ago, thaitom said:

Hmm... well how did I get from a Non-B to a one year retirement extension. ? I went to Immigration asked for a Non-O retirementwith handed over all the paperwork and  1900. Baht. Left with 14 months stamped in the passport.  Amazing

Ohh... I understand you now, took awhile.  I just changed my reason for staying(extension) No visa was needed. I get it.   Sorry about that.

• Like 1