How and where should I book my long-term stay in TH with hotels or Airbnbs?

gastos

Hi there, if I want a quiet place in Bangkok, should I simply book hotel rooms on hotel sites such as Booking or Agoda one month at a time?

So I plan to stay in TH for a while but am not sure what is the best flexible way to book for accommodations. My only requirement is that it is in Bangkok and it is quiet (no partying noises or thumping noises and has internet access) 

Should I simply book hotels for 1 month at a time and renew or book other hotels when the stay is up or should I explore for other options such as Airbnb? 

How would you suggest if you are to stay in Bangkok for months and you want to have a quiet place to stay and some flexibility if your stay isn't ideal? 

Sounds like you are overly noise sensitive. If that is correct, only book a hotel for a day or two and see if it works for you. Plenty of hotels far away from "noise", but they will most likely be in very boring areas. Maybe that is what you want.  FWIW, good quality hotels are not "noisy", only the crappy little guest houses.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, setbkk said:

Sounds like you are overly noise sensitive. If that is correct, only book a hotel for a day or two and see if it works for you. Plenty of hotels far away from "noise", but they will most likely be in very boring areas. Maybe that is what you want.  FWIW, good quality hotels are not "noisy", only the crappy little guest houses.

Yes I am Extremely Noise Sensitive. 

Which parts of Bangkok would you recommend me selecting to avoid as much noise as possible? I don't mind moving way out of the city as long as there's public transportation but the soundproofing or the overall quietness would be so important to me. 

I can live as far away from the civilization as long as I can get a very quiet place with no loud music, TV noises or people talking. 

How do we select quality hotels with without paying a ransom? 

Is the Prince Palace Hotel quality?