Driver found dead in the luggage compartment of his bus

webfact

5pm.jpg

Picture: Siam Rath

Siam Rath reported that police were called to a parking area in Bang Duan sub-district of Muang Samut Prakan after a dead body was found in the luggage compartment of a bus.

The doors were wide open and Samruay, aged about 40-45, was dead inside dressed just in shorts. 

The body was taken for an autopsy.

Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Phena, 47, a friend, found the body.

He said that Samruay worked for a company transporting staff but the company had been shut for Songkran since Wednesday.

He had parked his bus under the bridge and was guarding it by sleeping there every day.

Police think he died from natural causes, probably an underlying health condition that reared up.

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-04-18

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, webfact said:

dead body was found in the luggage compartment of a bus

Wow, it's a dangerous place to rest. 

There was another death from a driver resting in luggage compartment not too long ago. 

I'd like to know if Thai whiskey and LomYai were involved with this death, it was reported that these items were the cause of the previous death. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

There was another death from a driver resting in luggage compartment not too long ago. 

I'd like to know if Thai whiskey and LomYai were involved with this death, it was reported that these items were the cause of the previous death. 

As hot as it's been lately if you fell asleep from drinking alcohol in the luggage compartment I think you would get overheated  and have heat stroke. Better to open door or windows of bus and sleep in one of the chairs.  RIP

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

was guarding it by sleeping there every day.

When I was a volunteer with the Thai Tourist Police (pre-Covid-19), this was a common site when I patrolled Phayao Bus Station in the North of Thailand. Some of the overnight and day buses from Bangkok would park up, with drivers having a sleep/rest during the day before returning to Bangkok. Often they would have their laundered clothes drying on clothes lines attached to the luggage compartment doors. 

Stock photo taken in Turkey, but very similar to what I witnessed.

Bus Driver in Turkey Sleeping Editorial Stock Image - Image of luggage,  businessman: 42663979

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Or insure the bus for theft and go home to a proper bed.

11 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

The bus is probably nicer than his room.

You'd think he'd have swept the front step and put it in a bin... 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tony125 said:

As hot as it's been lately if you fell asleep from drinking alcohol in the luggage compartment I think you would get overheated  and have heat stroke. Better to open door or windows of bus and sleep in one of the chairs.  RIP

3 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

He may have gone in there to sleep with the door open and someone may have closed the door not knowing he was inside ?

4 hours ago, vandeventer said:

Poor Driver, it sounds like a lack of oxygen with the hot weather maybe just stopped breathing.

From the op:

The doors were wide open and Samruay, aged about 40-45, was dead inside dressed just in shorts. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, LukKrueng said:
14 hours ago, Tony125 said:

13 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

He may have gone in there to sleep with the door open and someone may have closed the door not knowing he was inside ?

15 hours ago, vandeventer said:

Poor Driver, it sounds like a lack of oxygen with the hot weather maybe just stopped breathing.

From the op:

The doors were wide open and Samruay, aged about 40-45, was dead inside dressed just in shorts

I've read all the amazing comments regarding the poor man's death and I reckon Sherlock would be proud to have you all on his team.

Here's my hypothesis, I reckon it was the Thai whiskey and LomYai as I mentioned earlier but it could have been:

1. Drowning, heavy rain suddenly flooded the area drowning the man, then the water receded. 

2. Solar flair, the sun had a sudden burst and the radiation killed him 

3. The surrounding trees in the area removing oxygen (night) he suffocated. 

4. Alien abduction, a space ship full of aliens uses his body for experimentation. 

The most likely is 

5. Putin, victim of lethal polonium-210-induced acute radiation syndrome. 

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, vandeventer said:
12 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes, but when did the doors get opened ?

When someone smelled the dead body?

It is unclear, his friend found him dead, so whether he opened it and left it open or not, or whether it was open when the friend arrived, guess we'll never know. What we do know it was open when the cops arrived. 

22 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

bus driver who ingested a large amount of "lao khao and lamyai" (Thai spirits and longans) before being found dead in his vehicle

https://aseannow.com/topic/1242207-bus-driver-who-drank-thai-spirits-and-longans-found-dead-at-wheel/