Purpose in life

22 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Base in Nong Khai. Computer room for shares. Balcony. Vege patch out back.

Use to pass through there regularly in my early days enroute to "border bounce" stayed at the Mutmee on the river bank. ????

2 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Use to pass through there regularly in my early days enroute to "border bounce" stayed at the Mutmee on the river bank. ????

Too many mozzies, I preferred Khiang Khong GH, not on the river, but nice sitting veranda above mozzies with view of.  Walkable to lots of food.

Can't remember last time I was at Nong Khai, 9 yrs according to my arrival card????....maybe.  Popped over just to test out the daughter's Thai PP, see if any issues traveling with me.  As single parent, sort of.

Use to do the 90 day reentries there, good for Bailey's stock up, whether quick turn or overnight at Vientiane.  One of the pluses of living in Udon Thani.

Most people can't cope with the concept of life having no purpose, that is why so many religions exist. The alternative, we are some cosmic accident, is unpalatable.

I've always been motivated, it was called the Protestant work ethic. The corollary, that Catholics are lazy, is a logical absurdity.

I have achieved a lot in my life. In two or three generations, no-one will remember any of it.

That's OK, I have had my moments in the sun. Now, I have my memories.

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I have achieved a lot in my life. In two or three generations, no-one will remember any of it.

That's OK, I have had my moments in the sun. Now, I have my memories.

They will, future generations can look back and see all your forums posts and your facebook profile ????

11 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Most people can't cope with the concept of life having no purpose, that is why so many religions exist. The alternative, we are some cosmic accident, is unpalatable.

Many people see and feel things we can not if we are not searching for, or have something special force like bipolarity for an instance. Many famous religious, politicians, inventors, or strategic leaders had an extra gear syndrome with different view on the world than “normal” people

2 hours ago, Hummin said:

Many people see and feel things we can not if we are not searching for, or have something special force like bipolarity for an instance. Many famous religious, politicians, inventors, or strategic leaders had an extra gear syndrome with different view on the world than “normal” people

Or they had a superfluous gear missing, quite a few  achievers have been high-functioning Aspergers. Elon Musk now claims to be one.

Beliefs do weird things to people. My Thai GF believes implicitly in ghosts, obviously I don't.

She won't go out by herself around the house at night for that reason. However, if we both go out together, apparently my non-belief protects her from the manifestations that would otherwise occur.

I have a friend who is bipolar, in his manic phases he made a lot of money day trading, apparently he could beat the automated trading systems.

3 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

They will, future generations can look back and see all your forums posts and your facebook profile ????

I am not on Facebook, I detest it. IMO posts on ASEAN get lost pretty soon as people die and are replaced. Who remembers Nyezhov, and what happened to Naam?

24 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Or they had a superfluous gear missing, quite a few  achievers have been high-functioning Aspergers. Elon Musk now claims to be one.

Beliefs do weird things to people. My Thai GF believes implicitly in ghosts, obviously I don't.

She won't go out by herself around the house at night for that reason. However, if we both go out together, apparently my non-belief protects her from the manifestations that would otherwise occur.

I have a friend who is bipolar, in his manic phases he made a lot of money day trading, apparently he could beat the automated trading systems.

You can punch the ghosts

2 hours ago, LaosLover said:

There was an American young, black baldie who claimed be a former monk who managed the place. He was living the dream, giving private yoga classes to Swedish women. He had a little rotating backpacker harem.

Eventually, he was deported. He was hiding out from armed robbery charges in the states.

I'd rather take lifestyle advice from that guy than Joe Rogan.

What sane person wouldn't?

But was he giving any advice to a non-hottie, middle aged male? No. 

That's the problem: the people who could actually give you advice -like a guy who's a 5 having sex with 9's and having them pay for yoga lessons- doesn't want to and the people who do aren't much help.

Learn yoga, grow a beard, wear Che Guavara tshirt with a hemp necklace. Say cool a lot.

I didn't watch the video or read the comments.

The answer is simple -

it's what you want it to be - only you can decide the purpose ......

P.S. Obv' the Martians too ????

Edited by Pmbkk

3 hours ago, LaosLover said:

I'd rather take lifestyle advice from that guy than Joe Rogan.

1, why?  He sounds like a scumbag.  2, much like with many other people that give life advice (Rogan included), there's a high chance that they can do what they do because of the way they grew up and any advice is worthless.

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

I do not believe he was manic mode, just in a elevated mood called hypomania, when it turns to manic, most loose their control completely.

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

I do not believe he was manic mode, just in a elevated mood called hypomania, when it turns to manic, most loose their control completely.

You may be right. When trading, he would go for 40 hours staring at a laptop screen without sleep. I'd call that fairly manic.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

You may be right. When trading, he would go for 40 hours staring at a laptop screen without sleep. I'd call that fairly manic.

Positive hypomania ????

Can make people super creative, focused, read a thick book from cover to cover, and need almost no sleep for many hours, days and repeat.

When you see manic, you know it, and I promise you, he would not be able to sit still so long focused

6 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Positive hypomania ????

Can make people super creative, focused, read a thick book from cover to cover, and need almost no sleep for many hours, days and repeat.

When you see manic, you know it, and I promise you, he would not be able to sit still so long focused

Fair enough.

I can usually get through an average  book in 2-3 hours, natural speed reader of 900 wpm.

I used to be able to focus on tasks for 15 - 16 hours in a row, I take it a lot easier now.

Not sure if that is hypomania, I'm just persistent. Definitely not bipolar.

4 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Fair enough.

I can usually get through an average  book in 2-3 hours, natural speed reader of 900 wpm.

I used to be able to focus on tasks for 15 - 16 hours in a row, I take it a lot easier now.

I did a speed reading course

7 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Fair enough.

Thats going some, but comprehension must suffer at that speed,

to give others an idea of that speed.....

Just now, CharlieH said:

Not good for novels only basic history books. Scam each line and pick up key words and put it together. Army dude taught me this.

1 minute ago, CharlieH said:

I don't read words or phrases, my eyes are scanning and absorbing whole sentences.

Your point may be valid on comprehension, although I seem to remember the overall plot of a book quite well, and memorable passages.

Now, if I could only type as fast as I can read. Probably just as well I can't, for the sanity of moderators.

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I don't read words or phrases, my eyes are scanning and absorbing whole sentences.

Your point may be valid on comprehension, although I seem to remember the overall plot of a book quite well, and memorable passages.

Now, if I could only type as fast as I can read. Probably just as well I can't, for the sanity of moderators.

Fiction books are about suspense and detail. With speed reading you miss that. Be like watching a movie then taking a break to walk out and pee or buy a drink every 5 mins.

"Just four months after getting started, Libs of TikTok got its big break: Joe Rogan started promoting the account to the millions of listeners of his hit podcast," the Post reported. "He mentioned it several times on the show in August, then again in late September. 'Libs of TikTok is one of the greatest f---ing accounts of all time,' he said.

Conservatives quickly lashed out at The Washington Post for publishing Raichik's name.

https://www.rawstory.com/libs-of-tiktok-twitter-chaya-raichik/

On 4/18/2022 at 8:31 PM, Sparktrader said:

Slate? Dont know him.

Rogan says lots of crazy stuff. So what. He also says stuff that is spot on.

Elon Musk as smart as he is says dumb stuff in tweets.

If you only listen to pc people who never say radical stuff all you get is rather bland boring run of the mill info.

Who is to judge what is and isnt dumb? 

• Like 1