Thailand’s daily COVID-19 deaths reach another new high of 129 on Tuesday

webfact

been partying pattaya last week caught covid its rampant taking it easier this week i guess.

boosters need a stronger push before songran

hard believe high number of deaths being covid alone

Edited by tomyami

2 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

It is not about inflating the cases it is about how much do you believe what the Government tell you...Almost half of the cases of a few weeks back but the deaths are rising.. That does not make much sense... IMO It think it is to scare people more and keep control for making false promises of reopen the country and make it an edemic.. The 1st of July Thailand wnt to make the Covid an edemic,  yesterday it could not on the 1st of JUly but today already they flip flopped again..... 

Sorry, but it makes a LOT of sense.  Deaths follow illness by several weeks.  So, if there was a peak 2-4 weeks ago, you would now be seeing higher death rates.  It's not about today's reported infections, it's all about how many people contracted the disease 2-4 weeks ago that determines what the number of deaths will be today.  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I keep hearing that, and then I think back to before I was born of what people went thru during the FIVE years or so of deprivations during the course of World War II (blackouts, food rationing, curfews, huge death and injury tolls, etc etc...).  And it strikes me that too many people nowadays have become too impatient and insistent on quick solutions to problems that aren't always quickly solved.

Nick Beauchamp, assistant professor of political science at Northeastern University... "wishes local authorities would go back to announcing rising cases instead of burying their heads in the sand and remaining silent.

And masking is such a small, simple request, he said.

“People are like, ‘Oh my god, you’re saying we have to wear masks for three months out of the year?’ The answer is, 'We do that for a few more years, and hopefully we have it under control, it goes down to low case levels.'”

https://fortune.com/2022/04/16/next-covid-wave-probably-here-america-ignoring-everybody-sick-of-covid-delta-omicron-pi-coronavirus-fauci-johns-hopkins-ba1-ba2-variant-voc-voi-wild-type

As for California:

Screenshot_1.jpg.8301f9672a87e06717bf2b366aca7505.jpg

https://newsnodes.com/us

Keep in mind CA is the most populous state in the union ,40 million residents not counting the illegals, thats more people than Canada or Australia. So I say we're doing a very good job getting our residents vaccinated compared to the rest of the nation especially when compared to the North east states with lesser populations.  Fyi, California is not even in the Top 10 list of states with the highest deaths per 100,000 people. 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1109011/coronavirus-covid19-death-rates-us-by-state/

Edited by BayArea
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, BayArea said:

The rising cases are mainly in the northeast of the country.  I'm in California,  specifically the Bay Area and our covid situation is stable and some areas the cases have dropped significantly.

The COVID updates from the CA Dept of Health Services say otherwise (links to the source data are in the date references below):

April 1 update:

70685112_CAApril1report.jpg.676202d151ba77b4b423bb8c94339576.jpg

April 15 update:

948437318_CAApril15report.jpg.b114cd6656ec4d57d0cc6ad9dcae28dc.jpg

Unlike some other states, California for a long time had mask mandates for indoor public places, schools and various other kinds of COVID restrictions... and actually enforced them probably more than in many other places.

And then this year, began lifting those restrictions... And look what's happened in CA and elsewhere as a result... cases are rising again, as would be expected.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, BayArea said:

Yet here we are with my beautiful state completely wide open.

And closing in on almost 90,000 COVID deaths in CA since the start of the pandemic. Don't think too many people are cheering over that -- even if the per capita rate is in the lower range of U.S. states.

Screenshot_2.jpg.afe4e02ee9dd2a145fe91d48b9f4d3bb.jpg

https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/OPA/Pages/NR22-074.aspx

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

4 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Of course if people die they are probably in a bad condition in the hospital... If there are more people out of the hospital because they passed away and less people with serious conditions coming in the number of people in the hospitals will decline....The question is died they with Covid of because of the Covid....

Here's the excerpt from thepattayanews for yesterday: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/04/18/chonburi-announces-704-new-and-confirmed-cases-of-covid-19-and-nine-new-deaths/

Four people were listed as being in serious condition in Chonburi currently, either on a ventilator or with pneumonia. Two of them were vaccinated. According to the Chonburi Department of Public Health, the vast majority of recent cases are mild or asymptomatic.

The nine new deaths were aged 50, 65, 74, 79, 85, 85, 87, 90 and 93 with severe personal health problems and pre-existing conditions. Five of them were not vaccinated.

It's a similar pattern every day.  If correct then we can clearly deduce who appears solely at risk.  Not many authorities give details like this, so in my view we tend to get a distorted view.

The problem is one person might say that they all died of Covid, whereas another might say none died of it.  And they'd both be right?

But I do think we can clearly say from excess death counts that they at least died ahead of their time, albeit often not by much.

A life is a life in my opinion.
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

Here's the excerpt from thepattayanews for yesterday: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/04/18/chonburi-announces-704-new-and-confirmed-cases-of-covid-19-and-nine-new-deaths/

Four people were listed as being in serious condition in Chonburi currently, either on a ventilator or with pneumonia. Two of them were vaccinated. According to the Chonburi Department of Public Health, the vast majority of recent cases are mild or asymptomatic.

The nine new deaths were aged 50, 65, 74, 79, 85, 85, 87, 90 and 93 with severe personal health problems and pre-existing conditions. Five of them were not vaccinated.

It's a similar pattern every day.  If correct then we can clearly deduce who appears solely at risk.  Not many authorities give details like this, so in my view we tend to get a distorted view.

The problem is one person might say that they all died of Covid, whereas another might say none died of it.  And they'd both be right?

But I do think we can clearly say from excess death counts that they at least died ahead of their time, albeit often not by much.

A life is a life in my opinion.

You are confusing deaths reported in overnight reports with deaths as determined by a medical examiner.

If you assume that medical authorities are not stupid, and want to be able to use their statistics for scientific research, then you might be able to imagine how the process for determining Covid deaths actually works.

2 hours ago, tomyami said:

been partying pattaya last week caught covid its rampant taking it easier this week i guess.

boosters need a stronger push before songran

hard believe high number of deaths being covid alone

I have been very careful in hitting the bars in Pattaya, plus I just got my sixth vaccination.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Were these people hospitalized from covid or hospitalized with other serious conditions but also were covid positive? Same with deaths. Died from or died with?

It'll be on the autopsy report.

Another decrease from the 135 cases yesterday. I do hope this continues but give it another couple of days to see if Songkran has made a difference. Unfortunately the deaths still keep coming.

Health officials on Tuesday (April 19) reported 93 new COVID-19 cases in Prachuap Khiri Khan province, of which 30 cases were found in Hua Hin.

Elsewhere in the province, 7 cases were found in Pranburi, 4 cases in Sam Roi Yot, 4 cases in Kuiburi, 4 cases in Thap Sakae, 8 cases in Bang Saphan, 3 cases in Bang Saphan Noi, and 33 cases in Mueang Prachuap Khiri Khan.

Four new COVID-19 related deaths were reported in the province today.

https://www.huahintoday.com/local-news/april-19-prachuap-reports-93-new-covid-19-cases-36-in-hua-hin/

278188430_732846748079514_6953651108192504569_n.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, smedly said:

in Thailand pre CV19 there are about 1500 people die on average from an approx 70m population every day, that is the official death rate - 7.79 deaths per 1000 of the population

so out of these so called "additional deaths" how many actually died directly from CV19 or were already ill and died of something else and just happen to test positive with CV19, this is very critical data, also how many deaths "from" CV19 were not vaccinated or were severely ill already - more critical data that remains a big secret

So your saying over 547,000 die annually here in Thailand.  If that figures true that's astronomical.

7 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The COVID updates from the CA Dept of Health Services say otherwise (links to the source data are in the date references below):

April 1 update:

70685112_CAApril1report.jpg.676202d151ba77b4b423bb8c94339576.jpg

April 15 update:

948437318_CAApril15report.jpg.b114cd6656ec4d57d0cc6ad9dcae28dc.jpg

Unlike some other states, California for a long time had mask mandates for indoor public places, schools and various other kinds of COVID restrictions... and actually enforced them probably more than in many other places.

And then this year, began lifting those restrictions... And look what's happened in CA and elsewhere as a result... cases are rising again, as would be expected.

Maskless for schools as well, yet to go to the post officer or a store you still are required.

15 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

So your saying over 547,000 die annually here in Thailand.  If that figures true that's astronomical.

I think that would be about right, because it's the same in the UK, which has a similar population. Mainly people are dying of old age of course.  

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/bulletins/deathsregistrationsummarytables/2018

Edited by mommysboy
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Maskless for schools as well, yet to go to the post officer or a store you still are required.

I think you mean Post Office which is considered a government/ federal  building. The majority of stores, retail shops, bars, mall, restaurants, and sporting venues no longer required masks. Of course, every business has the right to keep masks mandate in place, but you won't find many that do due to fear of losing customers. 

10 hours ago, BayArea said:

The rising cases are mainly in the northeast of the country.  I'm in California,  specifically the Bay Area and our covid situation is stable and some areas the cases have dropped significantly.  90% or more in our region our fully vaccinated and almost 70% are triple vaccinated ( 18 y.o. and up). Most Americans regardless of political views are tired and exhausted from 2 years plus of covid restrictions and masks mandate. Like most of the world we want to move on from this pandemic and get back to doing what we loved. California last month lifted all mask mandate except for medical facilities,  prisons and law enforcement buildings. Schools no longer required masks and soon all public transportation and including planes ( domestic and international) will lift masks mandate as well. Spring is here, the weather is beautiful.  Life is good. 

Same here in Texas.  Life is back to normal. 

Was in SA and Mexico for 6 months, very nice there also. 

Edited by garyk
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, garyk said:

Same here in Texas.  Life is back to normal. 

Was in SA and Mexico for 6 months, very nice there also. 

Excellent news. My brother and sister lives in Allen and cousins lived in Houston. They love Texas! 

• Like 1

COVID-19: Thailand reports 20,455 new coronavirus cases, 25,933 recoveries, 128 deaths

COVID.jpg

File photo

Thailand on Wednesday (April 20) reported 20,455 new COVID-19 cases, 25,933 recoveries and 128 additional deaths over the past 24 hours. 

Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1257273-covid-19-thailand-reports-20455-new-coronavirus-cases-25933-recoveries-128-deaths/

//CLOSED//

/Admin