Electric Vehicles in Thailand

35 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Yes and no ... couple low spec'd ones, yet to see anywhere, but supposedly available.

image.png.54f966e430ec46736b020ffb7e4f6b4c.png

source

Toyota strangely (Thai made prototype):

image.png.fc5175e192f4e55a44969f187a9814c0.png

source

Isuzi working on one (2025?):   source

Have the one made in TH already & available, but low spec'd. Which info I can't find, but doubt if would interest anyone.

I agree. Except for commercial and delivery services, the Thai market prefers a extended cab or a 4 door.

With the pick up truck market in Thailand being what it is, I am sure one is not far behind. 

Thank you for that info. 

1 minute ago, sirineou said:

I agree. Except for commercial and delivery services, the Thai market prefers a extended cab or a 4 door.

With the pick up truck market in Thailand being what it is, I am sure one is not far behind. 

Thank you for that info. 

They're getting there.  First one out, is going to make a killing.   Thais love their trucks ????

• Love It 1

7 minutes ago, mistral53 said:

Just test drove the BYD Seal performance (3.8S) - done deal if they pay enough for my MB trade in  ????

My biggest gripe is the black interior (no other color option). They also replaced the piano-black middle console cover with a drab plastic cover - why on earth this was decided on is beyond me, looks so much cheaper.

Compared to the Tesla Model 3 LR, the ride is close, acceleration is on par, everything inside is more high quality, it has a real instrument cluster in the dash, the heads up display is very nice, build quality is excellent...... and it looks a lot better.

Do you have a price yet ?

17 minutes ago, macahoom said:

was very disappointed

Sorry to hear that your ordered model isn’t available.

19 minutes ago, macahoom said:

Brakes seemed extremely grabby but I’m sure I’ll get used to that

I noticed that as well.

Did you work out how to change regen levels? It wasn’t obvious and the girl knew less about the car than I did.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Bandersnatch said:

Did you work out how to change regen levels? It wasn’t obvious and the girl knew less about the car than I did.

Yes, I did. I think the control was on the steering wheel. Possibly! 

But it was close to the end of the drive, there was lots of traffic and I didn't get much chance to try it out properly.

That said, it's possible that what I thought was regen, was actually the self braking which triggers when you approach a slower, or stopped, vehicle in front. I was pressing all sorts of buttons, so who knows?

Whatever was happening, worked very smoothly. But I certainly didn't get to compare different levels of regen.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1