Shopee another seller trick to be aware of.

Thailand

18 hours ago, chilly07 said:

And even when they have a Thailand address the HQ and point of delivery can still be out of the country with resultant import duty tax and additional charges by a courier you are unaware of

Import duty from Lazada and Shopee?  Not in my experience but most of my orders would not attract such.  The new "pre order" is avoid at all costs in my book - at least with China sellers they will normally have the item in stock and ship quickly.  And most will arrive without about 10 days.

On 4/22/2022 at 2:45 PM, Muhendis said:

With Shopee, if you look at the details to the right of the picture of the product of interest, just below the price it may say:-

Pre-Order (ships in 30 days)

or something similar.

This means they ain't got it but they will get it for you from China if you would like to wait.

Exactly.....Very easy to see.......Only do this pre order stuff as a last resort.....Because the wait can be loooooong.....

On 4/22/2022 at 9:58 AM, transam said:

Lazada is better than Shopee, which has a confusing, too complicated  app. 

The only place I could find a part for my phone was on Shopee, said shop in LOS, waited 2 weeks, got a message order cancelled because they could not deliver, yet in all day and no phone call.....????....So a bit pi__ed off, I have dismissed the order.

Can't say I have ever had a prob with Lazada, app is easy to use, even on the PC, but you must be very careful at every stage of ordering..

Oh, I ordered a smartphone on Lazada, when it arrived it was a cheap copy of what was advertised, was nothing like the advert. I sent it back and got my money back after a couple of weeks...????

Lazada is not better than Shopee...I can say this after 100s of orders.....

Some things are better about Lazada and the same for shopee...

If you want the absolute rock rock bottom price, using both is a necessity...And don't trust either of their lowest price searches, also search on Google.....

• Like 2

On 4/22/2022 at 9:46 AM, petermik said:

I,ve had orders come from China via Lazada in 8/10 days,pretty good...as I,m not in that much of a hurry when ordering from there...Shopee on the other hand not so good from China.

Nonsense.  Both Lazada and Shopee uses the same courier services be they Kerry, Flash, Best and so on.

• Like 1

Still makes me wonder.......... got a message order cancelled out of stock on 3 different items from different Sellers in the week.

Saturday evening re ordered both the Dog Food and the Fish Food  form the same sellers as before..

Yesterday Fish food arrived at 10 am Sunday in Grey old pickup [Normally arrives next day on the back seat of a  Honda City]........ at 12:30 the dog food arrived Lady on a old motorbike.  she speaks good English has delivered a few times before over the years, I asked her about the Wednesday  cancelled out of stock notice  .... she said it has always been in stock  and the shop had NOT sent out the message order cancelled out of stock

So where do these message order cancelled out of stock emails come from ?? had lots over the years.

the other item my Diabetic supplies stated out of stock when I went to Order

Edited by ignis
the 3rd item

On 4/23/2022 at 7:58 AM, Lemsta69 said:

I'm only saying I've used Lazada and Shopee for years now and have never had any problems such as described here. Assuming these accounts are not "porkies," what I'm saying is that, IMO, they are very rare. I've never had them, and my experiences are the only experiences I know for sure are not "porkies."

I've been using Lazada for only six weeks now and I've already been messed around by a couple of sellers. still waiting for a big refund from one purchase where after 5 days of no contact he suddenly cancelled the order.

so no, problems are not rare at all and threads like this are quite useful for getting tips on how to deal with that sort of stuff. you know, useful practical advice. unlike...

I've been using Lazada and Shopee for years, and as I said earlier, I've never had any problems.

Problems are not rare in threads like these whose main focus is to complain about problems. Nobody starts a thread telling about how wonderful an online retailer's service is. Both of these online retailers, especially Lazada, have been a real benefit to me since I live up in the mountains. quite a distance away from a large city, and especially in this last year or so of COVID-19 restrictions.

I'm not insinuating the problems discussed here are not real, but I am saying that I think they are rare.

2 hours ago, billsmart said:

I've been using Lazada and Shopee for years, and as I said earlier, I've never had any problems.

Problems are not rare in threads like these whose main focus is to complain about problems. Nobody starts a thread telling about how wonderful an online retailer's service is. Both of these online retailers, especially Lazada, have been a real benefit to me since I live up in the mountains. quite a distance away from a large city, and especially in this last year or so of COVID-19 restrictions.

I'm not insinuating the problems discussed here are not real, but I am saying that I think they are rare.

I agree completely with what you say.

I used to use Lazada regularly for years and never had any problems until, that is, they started their own delivery company. At that point deliveries simply didn't happen. Thinking it was teething troubles I tried again after about a year but still no delivery. In fact I was told, not once but twice, to come to the local depot and collect my package. A round trip of 34 km? No thank you. Shopee has been a much better supplier and for the past two or three years I have had no problems with them at all.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Muhendis said:

I agree completely with what you say.

I used to use Lazada regularly for years and never had any problems until, that is, they started their own delivery company. At that point deliveries simply didn't happen. Thinking it was teething troubles I tried again after about a year but still no delivery. In fact I was told, not once but twice, to come to the local depot and collect my package. A round trip of 34 km? No thank you. Shopee has been a much better supplier and for the past two or three years I have had no problems with them at all.

I live up in the mountains in Phetchabun Province, far away from any of even the Thai-resident Lazada merchants. When I order from Lazada, the delivery is usually done by Kerry, but lately, a few other services have been used. As I've said in my earlier posts, I've had no trouble with Lazada or Shopee or their delivery services.

I did have one Shopee purchase cancelled not so long ago which actually gave me the opportunity to repurchase the same product at a lower price from a different supplier.

There is a reason for this cancellation and that is:-

"If the order is not shipped on time, it will be automatically cancelled. If you'd like to give the seller more time to ship your order, click 'Extend Shopee Guarantee'."

I think this is to protect the buyer from traders who don't carry stock. It is also a good reason to buy COD.

3 minutes ago, Muhendis said:

It is also a good reason to buy COD.

Why?  Money is quickly deposited back to my bank account using bank transfer payment.  But believe first time it may require paperwork processing - long time ago.  But now if they or I cancel they refund within a day or two.