Husband, 78, murders wife, 73; she mocked him at breakfast, he'd warned her about a lack of "Thainess"

webfact

1 hour ago, Skeptic7 said:

You've obviously never kept up with Thai news, or at least not for any length of time.

Sounds as if you can relate and possibly even agree with this crazy piece of ????, his fragile, juvenile ego and the brutal murder of a helpless old woman. Wow.

Whatever happened to... 'sticks and stones can break my bones but words will never harm me'??? 

"Whatever happened to... 'sticks and stones can break my bones but words will never harm me'???"

You left that behind you when you came to the East.

• Like 1

"So he grabbed the knife and attacked her. 

Then he gave her breakfast to the chickens, washed off his bloodstains, cleaned the knife and prepared to surrender to the police. "

This sounds like a normal day in Thailand, but seriously, how many years in prison will he get for this?    I would think Thainess means a lot, if she did not respect the old man I guess he only need a good lawyer to get a reduced sentence.  :omfg:

As someone who is culinary trained the #1 rule--

Dont ever <deleted> with the person who cooks your food--we are also overworked and stressed

Remember this and you should go far in life...as per the article proves...

Side note for the thai logic folks--i guess she forgot to wear her amulet aka Kevlar vest

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Granted, murder is an extreme solution to his problem. Divorce or separation would have been better, even if she could not care for herself. Is he a husband, or a martyr?

Idiot..
screwed up the last years of his life instead of walking away from her.

15 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

She could have been mentally ill with this 'sickness'

It is a fact that patients on long term doses of some palliative drugs such as morphine cause the patients to become very combative and irritable. This makes the final days with them very painful for caregivers.

I'm not saying that's true in this case, but we don't know.

If he was not prepared or capable of dealing with this he should have surrendered her care to another party.

Very sad for both of them.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cdemundo said:

From the story, which is all I know about them, sounds like she was abusive to him when he was providing her with daily care.

I can see where a person might snap.

My mother was abusive to the nursing staff who took care of her, she would also hit one or two male patients with her walking stick i.e. she suffered from dementia.

I recall one day when visiting her and was walking up the hallway towards her room, I could hear her swearing and yelling, I stepped up my pace and when I arrived there was no one in her room, then I heard her going off again, it was coming from her bathroom, and of course I yelled out, mum, you ok, and a nurse replied, can you give us 5 minutes please as I am trying to finish showering her, no problem I said and returned 10 minutes later. 

The nurse was in the room and greeted us with a smile, I said everything alright with her reply being, just another day, and Poppy, is in her usual good mood when we try to shower her, we have got it down to 3 days a week now she said with a smile.

People like this suffer mentally and require special care, which I know is very lacking here in Thailand, hence the reason families try to remain tight, as they take on the burden. I see my wife's step sister who lives with her grandmother in tears a lot, she would be in her late 40's, grandmother probably in her late 80's, early 90's, she's a character, takes off down the street half naked, and is very abusive to her adopted child who looks after her, should she stab her, or should my mother when she was alive and taken care of by the nursing staff been stabbed, I think not.

We all have fuses and we can all snap, but he was married to her, he new she had a problem, stabbing her to death, feeding her meal to the chickens, and whipping the knife tells me he also has a mental health problem.

My previous post saying he should have then turned the knife on himself was out of anger, that said, he would be better off had he done that as opposed to rotting in a cell with 30 others for the remainder of his years.

Do I have empathy for him, sure, do I have empathy for his late wife, yes, as I do with most women who are subjected to violence, as males we can all fob it off as whatever, but we are the dominant of the species and need to learn to control our anger, especially when it comes to the weaker species.

Was his life tough having to look after his wife in her state, no doubt, but when you marry someone, you marry them in sickness and in health to the very last day, not end their life like this.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

My mother was abusive to the nursing staff who took care of her, she would also hit one or two male patients with her walking stick i.e. she suffered from dementia.

I recall one day when visiting her and was walking up the hallway towards her room, I could hear her swearing and yelling, I stepped up my pace and when I arrived there was no one in her room, then I heard her going off again, it was coming from her bathroom, and of course I yelled out, mum, you ok, and a nurse replied, can you give us 5 minutes please as I am trying to finish showering her, no problem I said and returned 10 minutes later. 

The nurse was in the room and greeted us with a smile, I said everything alright with her reply being, just another day, and Poppy, is in her usual good mood when we try to shower her, we have got it down to 3 days a week now she said with a smile.

People like this suffer mentally and require special care, which I know is very lacking here in Thailand, hence the reason families try to remain tight, as they take on the burden. I see my wife's step sister who lives with her grandmother in tears a lot, she would be in her late 40's, grandmother probably in her late 80's, early 90's, she's a character, takes off down the street half naked, and is very abusive to her adopted child who looks after her, should she stab her, or should my mother when she was alive and taken care of by the nursing staff been stabbed, I think not.

We all have fuses and we can all snap, but he was married to her, he new she had a problem, stabbing her to death, feeding her meal to the chickens, and whipping the knife tells me he also has a mental health problem.

My previous post saying he should have then turned the knife on himself was out of anger, that said, he would be better off had he done that as opposed to rotting in a cell with 30 others for the remainder of his years.

Do I have empathy for him, sure, do I have empathy for his late wife, yes, as I do with most women who are subjected to violence, as males we can all fob it off as whatever, but we are the dominant of the species and need to learn to control our anger, especially when it comes to the weaker species.

Was his life tough having to look after his wife in her state, no doubt, but when you marry someone, you marry them in sickness and in health to the very last day, not end their life like this.

Great story bro...

but I was responding to this:

"Rip to the wife, who probably endured a lot from this buffoon over the years."

11 minutes ago, cdemundo said:

Great story bro...

but I was responding to this:

"Rip to the wife, who probably endured a lot from this buffoon over the years."

It is not a secret that a lot of Thai men abuse their wives, more so than in other countries because the police here don't give a rats about domestic violence and that there is nothing in place to protect those abused women from them.

Was it an assumption, yes.

15 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Utterly intolerable. Life is far too short to deal with someone like that. I would have warned my wife to straighten out her mom. If she could not, time to move on. From both of them. Let the ex deal with the sour puss. 

She could barely talk, and on her last leg.  Still, the connotation of voice was there.

**Also, this family member was very poor.  The state paid her to take care of grandma.  That income was important to them (unfortunately).  

***A product of where they chose, and choose, to live.  

19 hours ago, Enoon said:

"Whatever happened to... 'sticks and stones can break my bones but words will never harm me'???"

You left that behind you when you came to the East.

It's long gone in The West too. The guy's post I was  responding to is a westerner and he was taking the killer's side. ????