Thailand further eases entry restrictions for international travellers

webfact

50 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

I was wondering that myself, do you still need "Thailand Pass'' when returning with Re-entry stamp ? 

Yes you need….i ve entered multi times with thailand pass.  The tp does not ask you visa requirements…only passport page. When you arrive you get entry stamps according to your visa 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, malibukid said:

you still need covid insurance. not required for many other countries.  so it's still a money grab

If you pay your flight ticket with a Visa premier card, you get a free insurance including Covid, so if accepted by thai pass, no charge for you.

I just checked by asking an insurance certificate :

Certifies that Mr ....
Is covered by the policy n° xxxxxx     linked to the credit card Visa
This contract covers the insured during the trip in Thailand
from 01/11/2022 until 30/01/2023, within the following guarantees if a covered event shall occur, depending on the period of validity of VISA credit card :
 Medical expenses in case of disease (including COVID-19) or of accident (excepted in France and in country of residence) : 155 000 €
 Repatriation or sanitary transport
 Repatriation or transporting the body

Edited by daejung
extra information

2 hours ago, doctormann said:

This has probably been asked before but what actually constitutes 'fully vaccinated'?  Is a '2-jab' status considered to be fully vaccinated - maybe depends on the type of vaccine, I suppose - or is it necessary to have had at least one booster?  What about the timing - how long after your last jab are you still considered to be vaccinated?

As far as I know, there currently are no limitations as for 'when' you got vaccinated. 'Fully vaccinated' is two jabs, except for J&J, of course.

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

Every four months after a pfizer booster jab as I stated above.

Never seen this - re you're only fully vaccinated if done in the last 4 months ( not a recommendation from Pfizer, which they were trying to push!).

Certainly not the case in the UK. 

Where's the official link that states it for Thailand

• Like 1

5 hours ago, alex8912 said:

You should ask for a refund kindly at FIRST for this on May 2nd I suggest.  There is no way a reputable hotel will not refund you. Maybe minis 1-5% ad fee.  I as well as many reported getting back my day 5 $$ after test and go went ATK only day 5.  This is just common sense for a hotel.  

My wife arrived on the 27th Feb(5 day test changed 1st March) - the hotel she was booked with refused to refund the day 5 hotel and PCR test costs. One of the main hotels when you go to the official website.

BTW - the government explicitly stated that hotels did NOT have to refund those payments for hotels and PCR tests. Some did, some didn't.

2 hours ago, peter zwart said:

That is good news. although i still dont understand this proof of vaccination. It doesnt make any difference. Anyway, that will disappear next i hope.

Not so sure.  Vaccinated will be treated more favorably then unvaccinated in my view. 5 days of quarantine and then a test will be needed from what I see as of now for those unvaccinated.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

So... everyone whose arrival date (and pre-booked travel arrangements) falls between now and May 1 is basically screwed. Once again.

Or has to jump through hoops to sort it out and fight for refunds or re-bookings. Once again.

I was supposed to visit a southern European country for a week-long business trip in mid-May. My company then reconsidered and canceled the plan. They said they would rather not risk it as the Thai government has repeatedly changed the entry rules in the past and it might well happen again while I am abroad, which could potentially make it difficult for me to return to Thailand (with the company having to pick up the bill).

I don't blame them. I was actually hoping they'd scrap the travel plan. 

wait till the post Songkan number spike next week, they will no doubt change their tune

37 minutes ago, daejung said:

If you pay your flight ticket with a Visa premier card, you get a free insurance including Covid, so if accepted by thai pass, no charge for you.

I just checked by asking an insurance certificate :

Which bank issued the VISA Premier card? HSBC?

The Thailand Pass site says we can register on April 29 at 1201am under the new rules.   Awesome possum!

Now just hoping that the CCSA brain trust doesn't start thinking about what is considered fully vaccinated in terms of most recent 2nd dose.    270 days like much of Europe would be nice, 180 days like some countries means AQ.   Not going to get boosted until October to cover next year's winter and spring holidays (and hopefully it won't even be a thing then).

34 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Not so sure.  Vaccinated will be treated more favorably then unvaccinated in my view. 5 days of quarantine and then a test will be needed from what I see as of now for those unvaccinated.

True but i doesnt make a lot of difference if you are vaccinated or not (in case of Omicron).

• Like 1

I arrive in Thailand 11 May , i got the Thai Pass already under the Test & Go scheme , including day 1 quarantine and PCR test . Can i skip this PCR test ? The hotel including test is fully payed ( i am not looking for refund , but i rather skip on PCR test since you never know maybe you got infected before and you got traces left behind ) .

Looking for help.

I have family arriving on May 1st, but now since this update, they can't select that as an arrival date under the Test & Go scheme.

(I'm guessing from April 29th, they can).

However, the rules state you must set-up Test & Go at least 7 days in advance, which they now can not do.

Is anyone else concerned about this?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DaveCW said:

We arrive on the 2nd May, so on the surface this sounds like good news.

However, should I take the risk of cancelling the Hotel/PCR test (can cancel before 24th for full refund) which may in some way end in screwing up the QR code, especially as the TP is temporarily closed to allow for changes.... and the potential for all this to go south. 

Perhaps better to stay on the side of caution and keep all as is - its a small loss in the grand scheme as well as piece of mind.

Did you book your test & go already?

As at the moment, you can't select that date as your arrival date.