Teen conned into sending naked pictures for 25K - she gets no money and even pays tax

webfact

47 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

What's interesting is that you don't seem to have much sympathy for a 13 year old (most likely poorly educated) girl who has been conned by what sounds like a paedo ring. 

I would have sympathy if I believed it. 

The family tell the story to others and say they will tell the police tomorrow.  Sorry.  If the story was real then the first place they should have gone to is the police.!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

41 minutes ago, Inala said:

Mate, that wasn't sarcasm. It was just a stupid, insensitive comment to make and it is only now, after such a negative backlash, that you've come to your senses and realized it as such.

But instead of just copping it and saying "yeah, you know what, it was a really dumb thing to say", you're now trying to walk it back and cloak it as sarcasm. Well sorry, I'm afraid this won't work and you're just digging a deeper hole for yourself now. 

Read the rest of my posts.  I very much doubted the "story", hence the initial sarcasm. 

I did not think that I would have to explain that to others but I now know just how gullible so many people can be, whether they are a supposed 13YOs being "conned" or the majority of the people on this thread swallowing the alleged  "story"!

Edited by DezLez

3 hours ago, zyphodb said:
3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

If the ‘pervy fraudster’ was using his own account it should be easy to catch the poisonous ferret. 

You're assuming that FaceBook cares enough to break it's privacy policy for something thats not going to make it money...

Since when can people transfer money on Facebook ????

Bank account... 

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Then the fraudster told the girl that she needed to pay tax on her earnings and must transfer about 800 baht to their account.

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

Why do you always look on the dark and dismal side when the only information you have is the same as the rest of us.

Personally I feel very sad for the girl. It must have been very hard for her when the story broke in the Thai news let alone now the English language papers and forums are running it as well.

Me too. people will either feel Empathy, or victim blame a 13yr year old, as has been shown here on this site, the press /RTP have done what this miscreant threatened to do and expose her if she didn't send more photos, not just on social media but now humiliated her, on National news . Well done RTP you bunch of idiots, there are better ways to get a message out there without saying where victims are from. The incompetency of those in charge beggar's belief. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

It must have been very hard for her when the story broke in the Thai news

Who broke it to the Thai News?   Read the OP  "Now she is being assisted by the admin of a group run by Weeraphol Raksamerwong who will take her to the police today. "

She did NOT go to the police straight away to file charges.  She "told (sold?) her story" to a third party (some admin group) before saying she was going to the police. the following day!

Has she been there, is the "story" true, will we ever know?

Edited by DezLez

25 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

RTP have done what this miscreant threatened to do and expose her if she didn't send more photos, not just on social media but now humiliated her, on National news . Well done RTP

What source  do you have that the RTP have been involved yet?

31 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Why do you always look on the dark and dismal side when the only information you have is the same as the rest of us.

Why don't you read the same information as the original article quotes and make up your own mind and stop following the herd?

PS;  Sorry "brianthainess" I quoted your requote in error as it was Billd766 who made the original stupid comment but my response remains the same.

Edited by DezLez
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1