Cooking oil.

sniggie

9 hours ago, Seppius said:

I have never spotted lard, Makro I would assume the best place for it? Been using coconut oil for a while now, great for home cooked chips, and seems to last a while

I have never spotted lard

I get it at Foodland or from Lazada.

I know it's not the healthiest of fats but it is needed to make a decent hot water crust pastry for pork pies.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2022 at 4:26 PM, spidermike007 said:

I use only rice bran oil

Wife only uses rice bran oil when frying chips for the kids

On 4/28/2022 at 4:26 PM, spidermike007 said:

very healthy oils. So are safflower, avocado and olive oil. 

The rest she cooks in Olive oil as it's readily, and yes it is expensive, but better for you. That said, we always buy the 5 litre one when on special as you can save around 300 baht.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2022 at 5:25 PM, Lacessit said:

Belief is a marvelous thing.

I have no doubt you believe you are better off on saturated fats, and you may be right. It's already known different racial groups assimilate food differently by adaptation to their environment, there's no other way to explain the Inuits, who live off a diet of mainly protein and fat.

The Mediterranean diet has olives and olive oil as one of its bases, recommended by the Mayo clinic for heart health. Permit me to doubt the two presenters on the YouTube videos posted would make it onto A Mayo Clinic employment shortlist. They are fringe presenters, typical of what one can find on every form of social media.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/in-depth/mediterranean-diet/art-20047801

The reason we are more sick than ever in human history is very simple. We eat too much.

Statistically, most of the deaths in the current pandemic are obese people.

The Japanese have probably the best record for longevity and good health - modest portions, fresh seafood and vegetables, very limited fat intake. Seafood is mostly PUFA's.

As I have made it to age 78 ( soon to be 79 ) on what I think is a sensible diet, let me know when you get there on yours.

You think Mayo is beyond reproach and free from avientific bias, coercion and bribery?

Need to rethink that.

PUFAs from seafood are high in omega 3, that is a world away from the massive omega 6 ratios in cooking oil which can be as high as 1:70 for O3:O6.

It is the oxidising omega 6 that does the damage.

The mediteranian diet has no advantage over other real food diets, it has always been compared to the SAD diet to perpetuate the myth.

This dates back to the days of Ansel Keys and his bizarre cholesterol theory.

I recently had a full blood panel done after almost 2 years PUFA veg and carb free with an exclusively meat diet.

My results were better than optimal, triglicerides of 58, HDL trigliceride ratio of 0.8 (2 is considered good, lower the better).

I have zero cardiac plaques.

My diet seems to be working just fine.

Re the Inuits, it is worth noting that 2 explorers were trapped by artic ice and had to live with the Inuits and eat what they ate.

At the end of the 8 months they said they felt better than normal.

On returning to civilisation there was disbelief and they were forced to submit to a 1 yr test of eating only meat.

Despite numerous tests during that time their health was optimal with no deficiencies.

Sprt of blows your racial groups theory out of the water if 2 people of European descent show iinstant mprovement.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Steiner said:

You think Mayo is beyond reproach and free from avientific bias, coercion and bribery?

Need to rethink that.

PUFAs from seafood are high in omega 3, that is a world away from the massive omega 6 ratios in cooking oil which can be as high as 1:70 for O3:O6.

It is the oxidising omega 6 that does the damage.

The mediteranian diet has no advantage over other real food diets, it has always been compared to the SAD diet to perpetuate the myth.

This dates back to the days of Ansel Keys and his bizarre cholesterol theory.

I recently had a full blood panel done after almost 2 years PUFA veg and carb free with an exclusively meat diet.

My results were better than optimal, triglicerides of 58, HDL trigliceride ratio of 0.8 (2 is considered good, lower the better).

I have zero cardiac plaques.

My diet seems to be working just fine.

Re the Inuits, it is worth noting that 2 explorers were trapped by artic ice and had to live with the Inuits and eat what they ate.

At the end of the 8 months they said they felt better than normal.

On returning to civilisation there was disbelief and they were forced to submit to a 1 yr test of eating only meat.

Despite numerous tests during that time their health was optimal with no deficiencies.

Sprt of blows your racial groups theory out of the water if 2 people of European descent show iinstant mprovement.

Statistical populations of two and one. Ever heard of double blind testing with a statistically significant population of control and test groups?

I'll grant you the ratio is good. However, I would point out posting a triglyceride number without the corresponding interval level unit of measure is quite meaningless.

The Mayo Clinic is world-renowned for its excellence in medicine, you have some proof for the claims you are making?

My doctor in Australia seems to be quite happy with my blood work. My BP is 110/65, resting pulse rate 55. When you get to 79, let's see if your figures are as good. Although you may not get there, as straight protein gives the gastrointestinal tract and kidneys a fair beating.

Just come back from BigC Extra in Pattaya.

Limited sale on Soy Bean oil. 3 bottles per receipt/day.

All other oils 6 bottles.

20220501_083025.jpg

20220501_083422.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ

10 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Just come back from BigC Extra in Pattaya.

Limited sale on Soy Bean oil. 3 bottles per receipt/day.

All other oils 6 bottles.

20220501_083025.jpg

20220501_083422.jpg

AFAIK there are no limits on oil sales in Chiang Rai.

On 4/28/2022 at 1:59 PM, Crossy said:

Yup, she renders pork fat in her cauldron. Pork Scratchings as a by product ???? 

My wife does too if I ask her nicely.

I am trying to get some beef fat to be rendered down for real chips but it is hard to find in rural Kamphaeng Phet.