The STV you will need to book (and pay for) The full 60/90 days before visa can be issued

18 hours ago, spambot said:

There might be some confusion in the term STV - I am referring to Single Tourist Visa and I think you are referring to the Special Tourist Visa (STV) is available from 2 October 2020 to 30 September 2022, those who are permitted to stay in Thailand for not longer than until 30 September 2022 and wish to extend the length of stay with STV, must submit an application for visa extension before 30 September 2022.

Get your terminology right. Its SETV not STV, you confused everyone, including the embassy.

Edited by jimn
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, jimn said:

Get your terminology right. Its SETV not STV, you confused everyone, including the embassy.

The STV was defined by london.thaiembassy.org on response to a query about Single entry Tourist Visa -  [email protected] 

"If you wish to apply for a Tourist visa (60 days, extendable in Thailand) & see the documents required, please follow the steps below.

For the STV visa, please choose  “Purpose of Visit - Tourism - Duration of Stay No Longer than 90 Days - STV” (90 days extendable in Thailand). Please note that you will need to stay at a private accommodation for the whole period of your stay (paid for). We will need to see booking confirmation in order to issue you an STV."
Edited by spambot

What is wrong with the visa system rules ? Yes, it must be incompetent authorities in Thailand of course. Tried to apply for a Tourist visa 60 days from Paris.  It was stated apply at least 6 weeks before flight .Too late ok. Tried a big visa agency , same answer. Pay of course in advance, and no guarantees you get it. I actually got the Embassy lady on the phone, and she confirmed, could be 6 weeks, no guarantees. A friend of mine left without his visa, entered exempt, and so did I.  And all this was for an online visa !!!!!! 

15 hours ago, spambot said:

The STV was defined by london.thaiembassy.org on response to a query about Single entry Tourist Visa -  [email protected] 

"If you wish to apply for a Tourist visa (60 days, extendable in Thailand) & see the documents required, please follow the steps below.

For the STV visa, please choose  “Purpose of Visit - Tourism - Duration of Stay No Longer than 90 Days - STV” (90 days extendable in Thailand). Please note that you will need to stay at a private accommodation for the whole period of your stay (paid for). We will need to see booking confirmation in order to issue you an STV."

Yes the first paragraph refers to the SETV and the second paragraph the STV. Simple. What is the confusion. I understood the embassy response immediately 

On 4/30/2022 at 4:12 PM, spambot said:

Thanks Kal I Sin its fun - Is it that immigration were rejecting 90 days since a single entry tourist visa can only last 60 days and the extension for extra 30 days is not part of the application and hence the online form would required 60 days, rather than rejected because the actual accommodation for a 60 or 90 day period?

A SETV can only be 60 days max plus 30 extended locally as I found out  and as I believe, apart from your first accommodation for TM6 no other is required. Done this way before lockdowns but tried for 90 as I have Yellow book and Pink ID, but still rejected.????

• Thanks 1

On 5/2/2022 at 2:47 PM, Kal I Sin its fun said:

A SETV can only be 60 days max plus 30 extended locally as I found out  and as I believe, apart from your first accommodation for TM6 no other is required. Done this way before lockdowns but tried for 90 as I have Yellow book and Pink ID, but still rejected.????

Good feedback - Thanks Kai I Sin