Chiropractor or Osteopath?

FolkGuitar

I'm looking for 'current' information about a good, effective Chiropractor or Osteopath in Chiang Mai.

Much of the information that I've been able to find when doing a search is 5-15 years out of date!  Have you had personal experience with treatment with a local practitioner? Would you recommend them? Please note; I'm looking for one in Chiang Mai city area, not Bangkok or Phuket.

Thanks.

Mr Narat at House of Body. I went in last week with a messed up neck and lower back issue and he waded me into a pretzel and then straightened me right up. He is an excellent competent chiropractor and knows the limitations, he doesn’t nickel and dime you for perpetual repeat visits by playing wack-a-mole with your back. I was in and out in about 10 minutes and I feel great today. I can’t thank him enough. He said he did all he can do for me as far as chiropractic work because I’m older, I’m in my mid 60’s, though I have no issues today and will return for acupuncture. He won’t work on you if you had back surgery or appear frail. He’s on soi Nantaram opposite of cm gate look for the ying yang insignia on the right.

Edited by novacova
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I would try physiotherapy before a chiropractor any time of the week.

A chiropractor nearly killed my father, I've steered clear of them ever since.

It depends on the practitioner, a lot of chiropractors are psycho pathetic and mess with your back to keep you coming back and deplete your wallet as much as possible. A good chiropractor = one or two visits unless the issue is scoliosis. 

1 minute ago, novacova said:

It depends on the practitioner, a lot of chiropractors are psycho pathetic and mess with your back to keep you coming back and deplete your wallet as much as possible. A good chiropractor = one or two visits unless the issue is scoliosis. 

Effectively, you are saying it is a lottery. Do I feel lucky? No.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Nothing to do with luck. I went and talked with him and after spending some time with him I was confident in his confidence. My experience with Mr Narat was a good experience and I highly recommend him to anyone who is seeking a competent chiropractic practitioner. And anyone who is fearful and scared then I’d suggest try something else.

5 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I would try physiotherapy before a chiropractor any time of the week.

A chiropractor nearly killed my father, I've steered clear of them ever since.

I've had nothing but good experiences with chiropractic medicine. But it's like any other form of health care; you don't see a surgeon when you have an infection, nor a GP for a ruptured appendix. Each branch of medicine has its uses. In fact, I'm also considering Acupuncture for my current problem but my favorite Chinese Medical doctor passed away recently, and although I know of two others with good reputations, I thought I'd try chiropractic this time.

5 hours ago, novacova said:

It depends on the practitioner

VERY, VERY true!

5 hours ago, Lacessit said:

No luck involved. One does some preliminary research, gets some recommendations, and plans for eventualities.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FolkGuitar said:

Chinese Medical doctor passed away

Was that at Mungkala? The wife I assume not the husband?

There is an osteopath with a clinic across the river from Holiday Inn.. His English is excellent and though he could not help me, I had a favorable impression... his clinic opens at 5 pm - unfortunately I don't remember his name... I can get the name for you - and easy directions. 

1 hour ago, 1FinickyOne said:

Was that at Mungkala? The wife I assume not the husband?

There is an osteopath with a clinic across the river from Holiday Inn.. His English is excellent and though he could not help me, I had a favorable impression... his clinic opens at 5 pm - unfortunately I don't remember his name... I can get the name for you - and easy directions. 

Yes, the wonderful woman from Mungkala. Her husband is good, but she was great.

Are you thinking about the Orthopedic doctor just before the bridge to the Holiday Inn (now called Centara Riverside Hotel) ?

Doctor.jpg

Edited by FolkGuitar

2 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

Yes, the wonderful woman from Mungkala. Her husband is good, but she was great.

Are you thinking about the Orthopedic doctor just before the bridge to the Holiday Inn (now called Centara Riverside Hotel) ?

Doctor.jpg

Yes, I think that is it - the Thai doctor grew up in Boston... you go past his place and make a left over the bridge and there is Ratjavej Hospital across the street from the old Holiday Inn... 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

Yes, I think that is it - the Thai doctor grew up in Boston... you go past his place and make a left over the bridge and there is Ratjavej Hospital across the street from the old Holiday Inn... 

Yes, I know him. I saw him before for a knee problem. He's more 'bone' than 'muscle,' and right now, my problem seems to be muscle and movement.

7 minutes ago, FolkGuitar said:

Yes, I know him. I saw him before for a knee problem. He's more 'bone' than 'muscle,' and right now, my problem seems to be muscle and movement.

then I might try Mungkala... for anything nerve and muscle... could it be the nerve irritating something that manifests in the muscle? 

1 hour ago, 1FinickyOne said:

then I might try Mungkala... for anything nerve and muscle... could it be the nerve irritating something that manifests in the muscle? 

It's certainly worth the 500 baht that it costs to give it a try. As I said earlier, some problems are best solved with different approaches. I'm happy with the results I get when I use acupuncture, but I wouldn't use it for a broken arm or a toothache. My friend has used it for the same neck problem I'm having now, but I just have a feeling that the cause of 'my' problem is more skeletal than nerve, and THAT is causing the muscle pain. Hence my search for an osteopath or chiropractor.

• Like 1