Ex-Police Chief's Wife Suspected of Seeking UK Citizenship to Escape Charges

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Authorities are still investigating the origins of the money. Initial suspicions point to illegal online gambling operations and other illicit activities, with the money funneled to relatives and subordinate officers of top-ranking police officials, including Nipapan’s husband and the ousted deputy police chief, Surachate "Big Joke" Hakparn.

She's getting ready to do a runner

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

She reportedly received monthly cash transfers of between 59,000 to 159,000 baht to her bank account via a network of 'horse accounts'. The funds were allegedly used for various activities including the construction of a tourist resort and merit-making rituals at temples.

Forgive me Buddha for my sins... building a resort meant they thought they were untouchable...

better to have banked the money overseas and fled when the going got hot.

Both these and other are all a flight risk, I do hope passports have been revoked and a very close eye on them at any borders or airports.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

29 minutes ago, OldmanJ said:

It appears that if you want a British or Australian citizenship you must meet certain criteria.You must be a scammer,money launder,or some other illegal activity operator to be considered.

If you don't qualify you just get the normal immigrant furnished abode with social security handouts, and NHS

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cnx101 said:

Welcome to the UK Madam Kookai, they let everyone else in why not you.

Not if you try the legal route, she has zero chance of getting UK citizenship especially when the authorities find out about the police investigation.

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Reportedly? Where? As usual no sources. Are you just making this stuff up? I see defamation lawsuits flying your way.

Who are you addressing?

• Agree 1

Kind of ironic when Thai police motto is good guys in bad guys out I suppose applies to UK needs some more bad guys to replace the ones they lost 😂

• Haha 1