Death On The Beach

Batty

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

I think at the time one theory was it was alleged to be a son of a very rich family and the ones arrested were also victims.

Yah, I haven't got there in the doc yet but I do remember that at the time. I can picture the fella now - and he looks exactly like the bloke running away I CCTV.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Batty said:

Yah, I haven't got there in the doc yet but I do remember that at the time. I can picture the fella now - and he looks exactly like the bloke running away I CCTV.

I dunno it was just something I remember said, people on holidays should watch there backs. 

Beach parties alcohol and drugs what you expect. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

I dunno it was just something I remember said, people on holidays should watch there backs. 

Beach parties alcohol and drugs what you expect. 

the last phangan full moon party around songkran had over 10k participants, not sure if there were even any injuries.

Before covid those parties were larger, over 30k, and lasted for longer and also then no murders or death.

But I do remember some local vendor smashing spanish girl's head with bear bottle for sitting on the 7/11 stairs.

Phangan is just the next door from koh thao, just it's ruled by mafia which controls police

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Batty said:

Jesus, I haven't even got there yet! Unbelievable! They just started interviewing a nervous Scottish bloke who didn't want to say too much, must be the same guy.

It blows my mind how if you are of wealth in this country you can get away with anything. I am no angel, done some daft things in my time, nicked a few times in my late teens and stuff, but I have my morals about me. If I was a copper and some family offered me money to get out of murdering 2 young innocent people, there is no way in he11 I would take it. Just shows how little morals a certain group of people here have. 

If I recall correctly, the two suspects were chasing him around the island with the intent of killing him. He went into a 7/11 and stayed in view of a CCTV camera . 

He then made a live streamed video call (on Facebook I think) and stated someone's trying to kill him and that if hes dead by tomorrow , so and so did the murder and he isnt going to commit suicide .

He hasnt been heard of since  although I think that he did manage to get back to Scotland 

• Thanks 1

A sad and disturbing  story much like story of the four  gay lads murdered in London and the following police  inquiry- watch

From the makers of The Moorside comes the BBC's latest hard-hitting true crime drama, Four Lives. The three-part series tells the real story of the four men murdered by serial killer Stephen ...

Or the murder of Steven Lawrence and the conduct  of the London police

Or the rape and murder Sarah Everard and the subsequent police behaviour.

Sadly we don't  need  to watch documentaries about  foreign countries to be aware of police incompetence, cynicism, prejudice and corruption as its prevalent in our home countries especially  if you are British.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

42 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

if you want to download them and not stream you can add m. at the front of the url like https://m.ok.ru/video/3564414307017 and then right click and save as

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Iamfalang said:

I am sure every single country in the world could do the same "documentary."

We will die not knowing 393223 trillion bad events that happened in the world, and I guess that's a good thing.   I'm not even sure what news to believe.   anyhow, I'll give it a look

I see your point but to be fair, Thailand is way worse for this kind of thing than most countries. Someone earlier mentioned the flawed Stephen Port murders in UK which was an unfair comparison - the UK police did a terrible job, but not quite so terrible as allowing the public to trample over crime scenes, not bother with DNA or any forensic basics, and just keystone cop your way through it. 

I see your point though, like I said.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, d4dang said:

The Sheryl Duncan Murder....a true Thai horror story which was made into a movie shows how little things have changed. Check it out. 

What's the name of the movie?