Death On The Beach

Batty

5 hours ago, morrobay said:

Its really amazing how these thai apologists can't stop with their: "it happens everywhere"- Ad Nauseam.  

Don't ignore the fact, tourist get murdered in most countries.  People are not different in Thailand than the rest of the world.  Good & Evil everywhere.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, morrobay said:

Its really amazing how these thai apologists can't stop with their: "it happens everywhere"- Ad Nauseam.  

They're just pushing back against the incessant Thai bashers who think it doesn't happen everywhere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

They're just pushing back against the incessant Thai bashers who think it doesn't happen everywhere.

It really isnt "Thai bashing " at all .

We re talking about this particular case and this case is exclusive to Thailand , this hasn't happened anywhere else .

Rather than "Thai bashers"  , maybe its you whose a Thai apologist ?

But putting all that aside , up to a dozen Westerners have been murdered on an Island  and the killers have not been prosecuted ,

Forget the location and the Nationalities , there seems to be a  serial kiiler(s) on the loose and the authorities are arresting innocent people and jailing them for the murder .

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

We re talking about this particular case and this case is exclusive to Thailand , this hasn't happened anywhere else .

up to a dozen Westerners have been murdered on an Island  and the killers have not been prosecuted  

2 people haven't been murdered on a beach, anywhere else.  You're actually going to stick with that.

A dozen.  I must have missed a lot of those in the news.

Not victim blaming, but 10s of million of tourist using common sense have returned home from Thailand safe & sound.  

Get stupid drunk, drink with strangers, maybe have sex late at night on a beach, then maybe those might not be the best holiday decisions.  Just a thought.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jotnar said:

2 people haven't been murdered on a beach, anywhere else.  You're actually going to stick with that.

Not victim blaming, but 10s of million of tourist using common sense have returned home from Thailand safe & sound.  

Get stupid drunk, drink with strangers, maybe have sex late at night on a beach, then maybe those might not be the best holiday decisions.  Just a thought.

I did mean that the events surrounding the deaths have only happened once and that has been here in Thailand  , I wasn't suggesting that these two people have been the only people ever to get killed on a beach . 

There have been about a dozen mysterious deaths on the island  , I forget the exact amount , I stopped counting at eight deaths .

You seem to be suggesting that the two people who died , died because they had no common sense !!!!!!

Yes, with hindsight, they shouldn't have even spoken with or gone into the murderers bar , but how were supposed to know that he may have been a serial killer ?

Yes, if there are mass murderers roaming around the Island , its certainly not a good idea to talk to strangers and under no circumstances go to a beach at night 

51 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I did mean that the events surrounding the deaths have only happened once and that has been here in Thailand  , I wasn't suggesting that these two people have been the only people ever to get killed on a beach . 

There have been about a dozen mysterious deaths on the island  , I forget the exact amount , I stopped counting at eight deaths .

You seem to be suggesting that the two people who died , died because they had no common sense !!!!!!

events - surely scapegoats going to jail instead of the real criminals is worldwide.

now 8 - so you don't know, and simply throw out 12, since is sounds better

died because - didn't say 'they' had no common sense as you missed "not victim blaming", and I was generalizing what not to do on holiday.   Since they did end up dead, guess they could have used better judgement that night, but since nobody knows what happen, that's a guess also.

Can't comment on the rest of your reply, as you imply you know who killed them.

I guess we'll have to endure threads like this after every new 'shockumentary' that is shown on the idiot box. 

Edited by Jotnar
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jotnar said:

events - surely scapegoats going to jail instead of the real criminals is worldwide.

now 8 - so you don't know, and simply throw out 12, since is sounds better

died because - didn't say 'they' had no common sense as you missed "not victim blaming", and I was generalizing what not to do on holiday.   Since they did end up dead, guess they could have used better judgement that night, but since nobody knows what happen, that's a guess also.

Can't comment on the rest of your reply, as you imply you know who killed them.

I guess we'll have to endure threads like this after every new 'shockumentary' that is shown on the idiot box. 

Scapegoat's getting jailed has happened elsewhere  , but we are talking about this particular case .

I don't recall the exact amount, but there has been at least eight suspicious deaths on the island and could be as many as 12 , a dozen was just a rough guess figure .

Yes, you made the announcement  that you weren't victim blaming , then you immediately suggested that they had no common sense , which actually is blaming the victim .

Yes, I do know who killed them, as you do as well , everyone knows who the killers are , no need to mention their names .

Until the killers are bought to justice , the topic will remain relevant 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Scapegoat's getting jailed has happened elsewhere  , but we are talking about this particular case .

I don't recall the exact amount, but there has been at least eight suspicious deaths on the island and could be as many as 12 , a dozen was just a rough guess figure .

Yes, you made the announcement  that you weren't victim blaming , then you immediately suggested that they had no common sense , which actually is blaming the victim .

Yes, I do know who killed them, as you do as well , everyone knows who the killers are , no need to mention their names .

Until the killers are bought to justice , the topic will remain relevant 

So now it's suspicious deaths, not murders.  Narrative changes more than OJ's stories.

Peace out

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Jotnar said:

So now it's suspicious deaths, not murders.  Narrative changes more than OJ's stories.

Peace out

I suppose I need to explain .

There have been some murders and some suspicious deaths .

Some people have clearly been murderer, others have died in suspicious circumstances and they were also possibly murdered .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Lorry said:

Yes, you did miss a lot of the news,  obviously.

Read up and come back. 

It's history, and been done to death already.  All useless, as those convicted aren't getting it overturned.  The best chance is a royal pardon, and finishing time in Myanmar, and I don't see that happening, or much better place to be.

2 minutes ago, Jotnar said:

Not enough time in the day, for me to be concerned about the issues of the world or people I don't know.  I just don't care.

Living is much more enjoyable without thinking about such silliness.  We're all on borrowed time, I prefer not to waste it on silly discussions.

true enough! and thanks for the reminder. I promised years ago not to spend another second thinking about this case.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

true enough! and thanks for the reminder. I promised years ago not to spend another second thinking about this case.

I got to read something, while sipping morning coffee.  It's a quick read though, and hard to comment on history that we can't change.   Yesterday, today, tomorrow, next week, someone will get killed, and an injustice will be committed against someone.  

Oh well, welcome to the human race.  Dwelling on negatives isn't healthy, and doesn't help anyone.

PeanutsSoopy.jpg

do you mean thai police is not well paid and that's why they have botched murder investigation which resulted in death sentence for innocent?

police is payed by criminals and by rich. In that case just only around 200mln (split between 10-20 cops doing that case).

There was also pressure on them from Prayuth to frame anybody because of high international exposure. 

They found burmese, so thai nationalists didn't lose face.

What is usual penalty for corrupted cops, and the other officials, is transfer to HQ to office work. 

• Like 1

On 5/6/2022 at 4:44 PM, internationalism said:

Before covid those parties were larger, over 30k, and lasted for longer and also then no murders or death.

"...then no murders or death".

Really?,,,

"It was in a Koh Phangan bar that a 22-year-old British man was shot and killed in 2013 after getting caught in crossfire between rival gangs, while another British tourist was last seen at a full moon party before going missing ten years ago—a disappearance that Norfolk and Suffolk's Major Investigation Team is still trying to solve. It was also where a 31-year-old Israeli man was stabbed and bludgeoned to death in 2007, and has been the scene of multiple drownings".

https://www.vice.com/en/article/59jqea/shrooms-raves-and-murder-how-thailands-full-moon-parties-turned-violent

On 5/6/2022 at 8:39 PM, internationalism said:

In the UK they can put 50 skilled high ranking officers on the case and they will work for up to 6 months. 

all those cases were solved and perpetrators sentenced.

There are no cases of corruption, bribery, as in thailand.

The British police solve all their cases and there's no corruption in the UK's police forces?    That's completely false.

On 5/7/2022 at 5:49 PM, Mac Mickmanus said:

That is about U.K Police failings .

The Koa Tao case were the Police deliberately letting the murderers go with no charges and framing two innocent kids for the murders .

No "kids" were charged, a couple of Burmese men were, though.

On 5/8/2022 at 7:32 AM, morrobay said:

This was not a random attack. Very most likely one of these connected lowlife locals in that bar tried to hit up on the girl. Then the her boyfriend reacted against this local for good reason but poor judgement.

He wasn't her boyfriend.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2022 at 5:51 AM, morrobay said:

It's really amazing how these Thai-bashers can't stop with their "only in Thailand" rhetoric...ad nauseum.

On 5/9/2022 at 2:28 PM, Mac Mickmanus said:

I don't recall the exact amount, but there has been at least eight suspicious deaths on the island and could be as many as 12

So not "12 western murder victims", not "8 murder victims", in fact none of those that your guess referred to have been confirmed as murder victims.

On 5/9/2022 at 9:07 PM, Lorry said:
On 5/9/2022 at 1:02 PM, Jotnar said:

Yes, you did miss a lot of the news,  obviously.

Read up and come back. 

He didn't miss the news, there have not been 12 confirmed, unprosecuted murders there.   Read up and then come back  (don't read up on Mickmanus' speculative, guesswork posts on the subject, though!) .