Death On The Beach

Batty

23 hours ago, Batty said:

Jesus, I haven't even got there yet! Unbelievable! They just started interviewing a nervous Scottish bloke who didn't want to say too much, must be the same guy.

It blows my mind how if you are of wealth in this country you can get away with anything. I am no angel, done some daft things in my time, nicked a few times in my late teens and stuff, but I have my morals about me. If I was a copper and some family offered me money to get out of murdering 2 young innocent people, there is no way in he11 I would take it. Just shows how little morals a certain group of people here have. 

Many Thais are morally bankrupt. It is, unfortunately, part of the culture which is entirely centered around Me First, money and saving face.

I watched the entire series over one evening and very clearly there was incompetence and cover-ups. The so-called proof videos might be accepted and were expected to be accepted by those of low intelligence who blindly accept what they are told (inbred since school days), but foreign eyes see things differently.

DNA was corrupted or destroyed, Mr Big was called in by the police for a friendly chat and denied he or his family were involved and that was that. Towards the end of the series, there was an attempt at 'balance' when it was mentioned that the family of one of the victims killed had accepted the evidence, and I recall that the UK police did too. Ninety percent of what went on suggests otherwise,

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Many Thais are morally bankrupt. It is, unfortunately, part of the culture which is entirely centered around Me First, money and saving face.

Nice try but you have just described most cultures on earth. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

18 minutes ago, LarrySR said:

The day after the killings a Police Inspector from Samui held a press conference, said the 2 suspects were close relations to the top man on the island and there was video from a mini mart nearby that was confirming them near the scene, one suspect boarded a speedboat and went to Bangkok.

Then the story changed. Pinned it on 2 Burmese kids from a nearby labor camp. 

Maybe not so rich as Red Bull kid but money still speaks volumes. 

• Like 2

On 3/25/2022 at 8:25 PM, London Lowf said:

1 hour ago, JustinCredible said:

If you use Torrents you can find all 3  episodes at "Xspeeds.eu"

Not sure why people are giving links to have to register to some torrent site when piratebay sails fine without the bullsh7t registration

Edited by kwak250
  • Like 1

I have listened to many podcasts about Koh Tao and a few people that have said anything were either told to hang themselves or ended up dead.

Someone said that they had seen a certain person that i would not name leaving the island at 5am the very morning the bodies were found.

I have spent lots of time on the island months at a time in the late 90s and it was amazing.

Sadly the charm has left it now.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Batty said:

I see your point but to be fair, Thailand is way worse for this kind of thing than most countries. Someone earlier mentioned the flawed Stephen Port murders in UK which was an unfair comparison - the UK police did a terrible job, but not quite so terrible as allowing the public to trample over crime scenes, not bother with DNA or any forensic basics, and just keystone cop your way through it. 

I see your point though, like I said.

That is about U.K Police failings .

The Koa Tao case were the Police deliberately letting the murderers go with no charges and framing two innocent kids for the murders .

• Like 1

Siberian man found dead in Thai hotel 'after meeting ladyboy'   By Svetlana Skarbo - 14 August 2014

https://siberiantimes.com/other/others/news/siberian-man-found-dead-in-thai-hotel-after-meeting-ladyboy/

Police say they suspect suicide of 32 year old from Yakutsk despite seven stab wounds to his

chest and gashes on his arm.

"'When we entered the room, we found him dead on the bed with a long, deep cut running from

his wrist up his forearm, as well as seven stab wounds to his chest. Later officers said they had found the ladyboy who was ruled out as a suspect, adding that police were reviewing whether

the case might be murder"

• Like 1

Sherry Ann 2001 by Charoon Wattanasin

I was living in Bkk in 86' when this horrific crime occurred.  Ooy BMW was a well known procurer of girls for Patpong bars and massage parlours. She had been well known as a wealthy player for years. She orchestrated the murder out of misguided jealousy and was behind the pay offs, cover ups and false arrests. 

One of the worst crimes in Thailand against a foreigner if not the worst.

Ooy BMW was acquitted. I would really like to know how much she spent to save her *ss and deny justice to Cheryl Duncan, her family. the falsely convicted and their families. Also the boys in brown and judges and how much they benefited.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2022 at 4:44 PM, internationalism said:

the last phangan full moon party around songkran had over 10k participants, not sure if there were even any injuries.

Before covid those parties were larger, over 30k, and lasted for longer and also then no murders or death.

But I do remember some local vendor smashing spanish girl's head with bear bottle for sitting on the 7/11 stairs.

Phangan is just the next door from koh thao, just it's ruled by mafia which controls police

I saw that. She started to argue forgetting her feminist entitlement might not work in Thailand and he got fed up at what was saying and shockingly he hit her on the head with a bottle.

4 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

There are appalling deaths everywhere, including the UK where very young children have been horribly murdered. Recent information indicates that the UK police are solving less than 5% of reported crimes. 

Thanks for some perspective.  The police  got away with decapitation a journalist  in London and it was covered up.

Thai TV nor the BBC or Sky are doing a documentary  about it.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2022 at 4:44 AM, Batty said:

You mean Paween Pongsirin. I dont think he was directly heading the Koh Tao stuff, was he? It was the BIB number two who headed down to Koh Tao to head up the investigation.

Paween Pongsirin seemed like a decent chap to me. He exposed the Burmese people smuggling scam which allegedly saw refugees fleeing to Malaysia from Burma taken from the boats and sent to work in brothels and farms. A certain group of people dressed in brown benefited mostly from the scam, he tried to bring them down and was sent to the south. A hit was imminent, i mean he would have been hit down there within days, so he fled to Australia.

https://phuketwan.com/tourism/phuket-investigator-took-koh-tao-murders-probe-made-quick-arrests-21114/

Maybe he "became" a decent chap due to his guilt.

• Like 1

I was there 10 tears ago with my wife - sister and brother in law.

We walked by where the two British kids got killed nightly. 

We stayed very close by in a surf place and then an expensive hotel further along - both on the beach.

I'm amazed as we found it difficult to find bars open at night in the center. Toured most of the place on quad bikes.

It's still my screen saver from a superb hotel on the beach.

On 5/6/2022 at 10:57 PM, Mac Mickmanus said:

Errrmm, the killers of both Steven Lawrence and Sarah Everard all got jailed and got a wole life sentence  .

The corruption in the Koa Tao case is incomparable to some  bad policing in the UK

Errrmmm, the killers of Steven Lawrence were only brought to justice because of a national campaign by a newspaper. Plod had already decided "not enough evidence, move on".

This is without mentioning the cosy relationship between the father of one of the killers and a high ranking Plod at Plumstead nick.

Plod are corrupt the world over. It's just that in some countries they are worse.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Red Forever said:

Errrmmm, the killers of Steven Lawrence were only brought to justice because of a national campaign by a newspaper. Plod had already decided "not enough evidence, move on".

This is without mentioning the cosy relationship between the father of one of the killers and a high ranking Plod at Plumstead nick.

Plod are corrupt the world over. It's just that in some countries they are worse.

Have you been watching Minder or the Sweeny ?

This was not a random attack. Very most likely one of these connected lowlife locals in that bar tried to hit up on the girl. Then the her boyfriend reacted against this local for good reason but poor judgement. So when they left the bar...  Another take away here: Do not place yourself anywhere there at thai males drinking whatever. Also I have never ever seen any kind of report at all about what was going on in that bar between the couple and the local lowlifes??

Edited by morrobay
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, morrobay said:

This was not a random attack. Very most likely one of these connected lowlife locals in that bar tried to hit up on the girl. Then the her boyfriend reacted against this local for good reason but poor judgement. So when they left the bar...  Another take away here: Do not place yourself anywhere there at thai males drinking whatever. Also I have never ever seen any kind of report at all about what was going on in that bar between the couple and the local lowlifes??

I thought the story was they weren't a couple.

She was attacked while walking alone on the beach, he was passing nearby, heard her screams and ran to help.

• Like 2

From link above. They may not have been an ongoing couple but just were together in the bar . So one scenario has this local lowlife hasseling the girl. So David steps in and an altercation starts. Screenshot_2022-05-08-11-39-34-57.thumb.jpg.2e371b3e99262e766da9d4259b7baa02.jpg

Edited by morrobay