Testosterone enanthate – in Pattaya or BKK

WaveHunter

10 hours ago, Captor said:

Dear mxer90,

Thanks for the effort and looking at Tim´s! Very good, so then I know it is possible. It is more than double price from Europe for the drug. The full price is about 4000 THB in Europe. But it is possible at least.

I checked with the Maximun clinic and they have it too and they want 15 000 THB for administrate Nebido every 10-12 weeks. They are also doing a lot of bloodtests (33) every time that I actually don´t want. One time/year is enough I think. So they are expensive. Are they the only options there are in BKK? Is it not possible to get this done in every big government hospital? Maybe Sheryl know about that? 

Bangkok Hospital Nebido 10 500,- + dr fee 1200,-  + necessary bloodwork. I just checked in march before I went back to Europe. 

On 5/9/2022 at 8:25 PM, Hummin said:

Bangkok Hospital Nebido 10 500,- + dr fee 1200,-  + necessary bloodwork. I just checked in march before I went back to Europe. 

Thanks! Good to have some options when moving there.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2022 at 11:27 PM, Sheryl said:

I in no way inferred that there was anything wrong with the company and I most certainly did nto say or imply that their products are dangerous.

I simply stated, accurately, that this brand of testosterone is not currenlty listed in Mims and the company  (under either name) is not also listed in Mims.Which suggests not currently registered in Thailand.

As I also explained, such registration is costly to maintain. Companies may opt not to maintain registration (or a specific brand registration)  in Thailand because of the cost relative to he profits.

Nothing remotely to do with whether a company is reputable nor with whether a product is safe. But very relevant to whether a product can readily be found in Thai pharmacies.

Sorry for my misunderstanding what you were saying.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2022 at 2:21 PM, Inala said:

Is it a problem if one is taking a testosterone supplement regularly for say 6 months and then all of a sudden you can't buy it anymore in Thailand and you're forced to stop using it cold turkey? Does this mess with your system or do you just start producing it naturally again? 

It's a huge problem. For starters, if you supplement with exogenous testosterone, the chances are you are already very low or you wouldn't have needed it in the first place. You'll shut down your own production, and the longer you were using it, the harder it will be to produce your own again if you stop and your testicals will atrophy (shrink). At some point, it will be impossible. 6 months is a long course. Call it chemical castration, because that's what it really is. Unless you're using it for hormone replacement after you've been tested to be low, don't start. If you start, don't stop.

Younger people who use it for sporting purposes can get their own levels back if they take certain other hormones, and use other hormones while they use it, but it's complicated. I think most athletes don't bother going off these days.

The problem with 1 ml ampules is that it's a big dose (250 mg) and it's enough to cause hair loss and excess estrogen. I would recommend smaller doses more frequently, but diving a 1 ml amupule is not so easy, but it can be done. 

18 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

It's a huge problem. For starters, if you supplement with exogenous testosterone, the chances are you are already very low or you wouldn't have needed it in the first place. You'll shut down your own production, and the longer you were using it, the harder it will be to produce your own again if you stop and your testicals will atrophy (shrink). At some point, it will be impossible. 6 months is a long course. Call it chemical castration, because that's what it really is. Unless you're using it for hormone replacement after you've been tested to be low, don't start. If you start, don't stop.

Younger people who use it for sporting purposes can get their own levels back if they take certain other hormones, and use other hormones while they use it, but it's complicated. I think most athletes don't bother going off these days.

The problem with 1 ml ampules is that it's a big dose (250 mg) and it's enough to cause hair loss and excess estrogen. I would recommend smaller doses more frequently, but diving a 1 ml amupule is not so easy, but it can be done. 

I am using Subcutaneous injections when it suits my time schedule and not travelling, and in fact on my 3. Week now, and it is really a great method I'm very happy with. Better blood results and stable T and less E floating up and down. I inject 3ml every 5 - 6 day. 

There is some clinical reasearches in process and a few already posted.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34698352/

13 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I am using Subcutaneous injections when it suits my time schedule and not travelling, and in fact on my 3. Week now, and it is really a great method I'm very happy with. Better blood results and stable T and less E floating up and down. I inject 3ml every 5 - 6 day. 

There is some clinical reasearches in process and a few already posted.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34698352/

I had a read of the article you linked. It was desinged to be an easier way to administer it, not a more effective way. I don't see any problems with sticking a needle in the but or ventro glute, but some people might find it difficult.

At the end of the day, whichever way you chose, it will be the level of serum testosterone that shuts you down. The lower your dose, the longer it might take, but you'll be travelling the same road. The same level of testosterone absorbed will result in the same blood work. Your body detects a certain level of testerone and adjusts its own production down, until it stops producing it. It's called a "negative feedback loop" for anyone that wants to understand the process in more detail. 

Edited by JensenZ

4 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

I had a read of the article you linked. It was desinged to be an easier way to administer it, not a more effective way. I don't see any problems with sticking a needle in the but or ventro glute, but some people might find it difficult.

At the end of the day, whichever way you chose, it will be the level of serum testosterone that shuts you down. The lower your dose, the longer it might take, but you'll be travelling the same road. Your body detects a certain level of testerone and adjusts its own production down, until it stops producing it. It's called a "negative feedback loop" for anyone that wants to understand the process in more detail.

It's a reason you start with TRT, and it is to improve your life, and not just for fun. 

I have my blood tests backing and how I feel, and for me subq injections works best. 

Most important, estradiol is something many on TRT have problems with due to excess TRT, and with small doses, you are less exposed to the high peak and lows.

Another myth about TRT 

Testosterone Injections and Hair Loss

Testosterone levels are technically irrelevant when it comes to hair loss, because testosterone does not cause hair loss. Such is actually one of the most common hair loss myths.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow so much misinformation and pseudo-scientific answer being tossed about on this thread LOL!  It sounds to me like some of you are getting your information from YouTube gurus instead of from legitimate sources like an experienced doctor or credible scientific sources.

If you go off of TRT for a period of time, it is not a crisis situation and you will notice very little change, physically or psychologically (except what you trick yourself into believing).  I have been on TRT for well over 7 years, and often go off of it for days, weeks, or even over a month a couple of times, and notice nothing negative at all. 

TRT DOES increase your estradiol levels but it is easily controlled after a few blood tests to determine if you need an aromatase inhibitor like Anastrozole, and if so how much.  Optimal levels of estradiol  in aging men are around 18-30 pg/mL, and that is pretty easy and inexpensive to maintain with something like Arimidex.

Hair loss associated with TRT is NOT a myth!  If your 5α-reductase levels are high, or the enzyme is particularly prolific, TRT may in fact lead to higher DHT levels, which could indeed cause increased hair loss symptoms.  However, the effects are easily controlled is to minimize Test from being converted to DHT by using a drug like Proviron.

Don't take my word for any of this.  I am only posting this because SO MUCH misinformation gets thrown around in forums and on YouTube that you should not believe any of it.  If you want REAL answers talk to a qualified MD, or start reading from recognized sources like medical journals...not YouTube or idle chit-chat of lay people on forums like this.

TRT can and does improve the quality of life for many men, but the effects are incredibly subtle and take months to recognize.  The same is true in discontinuing usage.  Many who go off TRT get crazy thinking they must do Post Cycle Therapy (PCT) which for most men is just plain crazy!  The human body is far more resilient than most recognize.

FAR MORE IMPORTANT, if you are on TRT is to not think of it as a "magic bullet".  It's ore important for your overall health and well-being (and yes, even your natural Test levels) to take nutrition more seriously, and to exercise regularly and a but on the intensive side (in other words, not walking on a treadmill while reading a magazine or watching TV!).  Those two things will do quite a bit to restore your Test levels and a lot of other metabolic markers as well.

Finding a MD with a well rounded and science-based understanding of metabolic health to advise you is your very best bet ????

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Wow so much misinformation and pseudo-scientific answer being tossed about on this thread LOL!  It sounds to me like some of you are getting your information from YouTube gurus instead of from legitimate sources like an experienced doctor or credible scientific sources.

If you go off of TRT for a period of time, it is not a crisis situation and you will notice very little change, physically or psychologically (except what you trick yourself into believing).  I have been on TRT for well over 7 years, and often go off of it for days, weeks, or even over a month a couple of times, and notice nothing negative at all. 

TRT DOES increase your estradiol levels but it is easily controlled after a few blood tests to determine if you need an aromatase inhibitor like Anastrozole, and if so how much.  Optimal levels of estradiol  in aging men are around 18-30 pg/mL, and that is pretty easy and inexpensive to maintain with something like Arimidex.

Hair loss associated with TRT is NOT a myth!  If your 5α-reductase levels are high, or the enzyme is particularly prolific, TRT may in fact lead to higher DHT levels, which could indeed cause increased hair loss symptoms.  However, the effects are easily controlled is to minimize Test from being converted to DHT by using a drug like Proviron.

Don't take my word for any of this.  I am only posting this because SO MUCH misinformation gets thrown around in forums and on YouTube that you should not believe any of it.  If you want REAL answers talk to a qualified MD, or start reading from recognized sources like medical journals...not YouTube or idle chit-chat of lay people on forums like this.

TRT can and does improve the quality of life for many men, but the effects are incredibly subtle and take months to recognize.  The same is true in discontinuing usage.  Many who go off TRT get crazy thinking they must do Post Cycle Therapy (PCT) which for most men is just plain crazy!  The human body is far more resilient than most recognize.

FAR MORE IMPORTANT, if you are on TRT is to not think of it as a "magic bullet".  It's ore important for your overall health and well-being (and yes, even your natural Test levels) to take nutrition more seriously, and to exercise regularly and a but on the intensive side (in other words, not walking on a treadmill while reading a magazine or watching TV!).  Those two things will do quite a bit to restore your Test levels and a lot of other metabolic markers as well.

Finding a MD with a well rounded and science-based understanding of metabolic health to advise you is your very best bet ????

We all got alot wiser now, thank you ???? 

On 5/20/2022 at 3:40 AM, Hummin said:

Another myth about TRT 

Testosterone Injections and Hair Loss

Testosterone levels are technically irrelevant when it comes to hair loss, because testosterone does not cause hair loss. Such is actually one of the most common hair loss myths.

If somebody does actual TRT which keeps him in the normal levels, then there should be no increased hair loss, but most go higher and then there is also an increased hair loss due to the increased testosterone.

Two months or so after starting to inject test I noticed hair loss, never had this before. Then I started to take Finasteride and the hair loss stopped. When I stopped injecting test I also stopped taking Finasteride, no hair loss. I'm quite certain that if I would start injecting test again the hair loss would come back if I don't take Finasteride.

3 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

You are injecting Test-E? After a month you still have the Test-E in your body, so of course you don't notice much. If the longest you have stopped injecting in these 7 years is one month at a time, you have never been off.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FriendlyFarang said:

If somebody does actual TRT which keeps him in the normal levels, then there should be no increased hair loss, but most go higher and then there is also an increased hair loss due to the increased testosterone.

Two months or so after starting to inject test I noticed hair loss, never had this before. Then I started to take Finasteride and the hair loss stopped. When I stopped injecting test I also stopped taking Finasteride, no hair loss. I'm quite certain that if I would start injecting test again the hair loss would come back if I don't take Finasteride.

You are injecting Test-E? After a month you still have the Test-E in your body, so of course you don't notice much. If the longest you have stopped injecting in these 7 years is one month at a time, you have never been off.

I started to lose hair when I was 16 but still have some hair left. My hair loss did not get worse when I started 5 years ago soon 6, and would say as much as then. I keep it short since 1996, so really hard to tell.

The science behind common hair loss among men is to much DHT, and DHT have a link to your sex drive as well. To much and to little DHT is not good. 

However when TRT is an option, everyone should go to proper anti aging Dr who knows his profession, and follow common sense. 

If proper dosed TRT, no additional medication is needed for most. That have been my point answering this post from the beginning.

There is a reason arimidex is hard to get in Thailand that is not from a underground lab, but everyone for itself and their own responsibility.

Estradiol goes up and down during the days and almost from hour to hour, and is hard to measure. There is not easy to get correct estradiol from blood tests, and estradiol follow T propotional almost. So the most important is to have quite stable t, and you get that with more frequent low doses.

However this is my philosophy about my TRT that works for me. Small doses more frequently and no other medications needed to control E.

• Like 1

On 5/30/2022 at 4:57 PM, Dart12 said:

Where is an inexpensive place in Pattaya to get bloodwork?   (ie, NOT the TRT clinics).

And what should I expect teh costs to be?

Dart12, and for everyone else interested,

I went yesterday to enquire about the various tests available and for an update on prices.

I'm doing the "research" and looking to improve functioning, which the correct ( in balance) levels for YOUR body will do...

LifeCare Pattaya

-----------------------------

Total Testosterone               500 THB

Free Testosterone               3000 THB

Prolactin                                600  THB

T3                                           250   THB

Cortisol  or Free Cortisol       600 THB

Estradiol (E2)*                        600 THB 

( For men, estradiol being out of whack (low) is correlated to low libido and reduced bone density).  As your T levels rise from  exogenous TRT, estradiol levels can rise  via the feedback loop mechanism and therefore it is highly recommended to check this also.

* E2 is the older ( and inferior) blood assay test, instead of the much more sensitive and reliable LC/MS.          Your choice to waste your money paying for an E2.  Ask around for a place that does the liquid chromatography / mass spectrometer method ( LC/MS/MS)       ( Hopefully this is available at a hospital or in Bangkok?)

Clinc on 3rd road, opposite an old Tony's gym ( closed/ abandoned) and next door to a law office.

Need to ring the doorbell. 

Package Tests- 1. Total Testosterone, Free Testosterone, SHBG, Albumin                           2500 THB

2. Total Testosterone, Estradiol (E2), Prostatic Specific Antigen (PSA)     1600 THB

3. Free Testosterone,

Total Test,  SHBG,

DHEA sulfate,

Estradiol (E2),

Thyroid Stimulating Hormone                                                                  5000 THB

Free T4

Free T3

Insulin like Growth Hormone factor (IGF-1)

-------------------------------------

* Lifecare has their Program 4 if you need a baseline health check for all your cholesterols: 

15 items tested for 500 baht, which is reasonable and decent value. 

( Blood count, blood sugar, Blood group, Triglycerides, HDL, LDL, Total Cholesterol, 3 liver function tests and 2 Kidney function tests, plus Uric acid for Gout and Urine analysis):thumbsup:

Food for thought. 

**For those going the injection route, a doctor that specializes in TRT, who has assisted many men to get help (when other Drs say "you're 350, that's normal, nothing to worry about", when you clearly aren't feeling it),

whose practice is based on testing and the study of samples,  reiterates what Hummin stated at the end of his last post-

Smaller doses, more frequently are better than 1 large dose every 2 weeks, in that there are less extreme peaks and troughs of testosterone and estradiol = more stable, more "even keel " levels over the month, which is what you should be aiming for long term .

- unless you prefer a 24 - 36 hour "high",  then a big drop for several days.. and then a week of ? until your next injection. 

Lifecare Laboratory (Pattaya) Clinic
ADDRESS:  247/59 Moo 10 Pattaya Sai 3 Tumbol Nongprue Amphoe Bang Lamung Chonburi 20150
PH. 038488048

http://lifecare.siam2web.com/

Reading> https://www.discountedlabs.com/blog/sensitive-estradiol-blood-test

You're welcome.

Life Care test cost.jpg

Edited by formanth
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/8/2022 at 11:05 AM, FriendlyFarang said:

They are all available in Thailand, so you could just buy them here.

But Anavar is problematic because it's not available from proper brands, so you can't be 100% sure what you get.

Shouldn't testosterone also help against muscle atrophy, why do you need two steroids? Discuss with a doctor if just testosterone alone is enough.

The price of Cialis 5mg in Thailand is crazy and I was never able to locate a source of generic tadalafil. I am no longer taking it though as I had a treatment for my BPH and as a result I no longer need BPH meds. 

• Like 1

On 5/30/2022 at 8:10 PM, FriendlyFarang said:

My point exactly.  Stopping because you run out of a supply is no big deal.  When you start TRT, It literally takes months for Test to show any discernible positive differences.  The same is true when you curtail its' use.  Too many health gurus would have you believe it will make you Superman almost overnight, and how dangerous it can be to suddenly curtail its' use.  Simply NOT true!

Too many people who have never used TRT at all seem to be chiming in here (not accusing you of that), and making scientifically unfounded remarks.  My big point in writing that post was just to tell people to talk with a doctor for advice, not to look for medical advice on a lay forum.

The REAL TRUTH is that TRT is no magic panacea!  Good metabolic health is what really matters!  IMO, it is far more important to pay attention to your nutrition and exercising regularly at the proper intensity, then it is to rely on drugs and prescriptions. 

As science is increasingly proving,  poor metabolic health (eating poorly and not exercising) is the root cause of many illnesses, and that includes Diabetes type 2, and even low levels of Test!  So, pay more attention to optimizing your metabolic health, instead of relying on prescription drugs, and you'll be a better man for it!

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1

On 5/30/2022 at 4:57 PM, Dart12 said:

Where is an inexpensive place in Pattaya to get bloodwork?   (ie, NOT the TRT clinics).

And what should I expect teh costs to be?

Anyplace that provides blood testing MUST be licensed to do it, so really anyplace with a license on the wall is just fine.  In Pattaya, or anywhere in Thailand for that matter, the costs are extremely cheap.  Of course, choosing one is still a personal decision.  I mean you want to feel comfortable with the owner and how he/she maintains the place, but I have been to more than a few, depending on where I've lived in Thailand and never found one that made me uncomfortable.

Here is one I use since they are within walking distance of my home in Jomtien.  Ms. Chayanan Sanman runs that clinic and she is a real sweetheart, very nice lady, real friendly, with excellent English, and never too busy to get you in the same day (and I think the lockdown really makes her need the business so patronize her if you can) :

https://ccsmedicallab.com/

Another one near the downtown area of Pattay I have used is:

http://lifecare.siam2web.com/?cid=1209619

They both have their complete price list on their websites, and I can vouch for both that they 100% professional and provides fast turnaround of results to your email and your doctor's email, along with guidelines showing acceptable ranges for each panel, and marking those that are out of range so you can easily tell for yourself if there are any issues (just for your peace of mind, ya know?  In other words, don't be your own doctor).

And yeah...stay away from those so-called TRT Clinics!

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Anyplace that provides blood testing MUST be licensed to do it, so really anyplace with a license on the wall is just fine.  In Pattaya, or anywhere in Thailand for that matter, the costs are extremely cheap.  Of course, choosing one is still a personal decision.  I mean you want to feel comfortable with the owner and how he/she maintains the place, but I have been to more than a few, depending on where I've lived in Thailand and never found one that made me uncomfortable.

Here is one I use since they are within walking distance of my home in Jomtien.  Ms. Chayanan Sanman runs that clinic and she is a real sweetheart, very nice lady, real friendly, with excellent English, and never too busy to get you in the same day (and I think the lockdown really makes her need the business so patronize her if you can) :

They both have their complete price list on their websites, and I can vouch for both that they 100% professional and provides fast turnaround of results to your email and your doctor's email, along with guidelines showing acceptable ranges for each panel, and marking those that are out of range so you can easily tell for yourself if there are any issues (just for your peace of mind, ya know?  In other words, don't be your own doctor).

You just are exactly what you warn everybody about!

How can you recommend anybody based on your own experience and call them 100% and disgrace others you obviously know very little about or nothing. 

Have a good day sir

57 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Thank you.

Wow, she has a real website in thailand haha.

Which package do you usually choose?

Edited by Dart12

On 5/7/2022 at 4:52 PM, Truth Teller said:

If I needed this I wouldn't post it publicly, I'd be humiliated rightfully geez. See if a medical professional can/will give it to those needing it or maybe even refer you to a place that has it if you haven't already is my sincere advice. But since you need it enough you post on a open forum about it I wish you the best of luck for those losing 'it'.

It is a normal consequence of aging, and I don't see why you would be embarrassed. Oh, wait, yes I do see: your comment about "losing "it""  That is not the only or even primary reason for using TRT.  

• Bone density
  • Fat distribution
  • Muscle strength and mass
  • Facial and body hair
  • Red blood cell production

Also energy level, which is what I wish for. The sex bit would be the gravy.????

Edited by Kwaibill
Expand
  • Like 1

On 5/30/2022 at 8:10 PM, FriendlyFarang said:

When I came to Thailand, six years ago, I was taking a Testoviron injection every three weeks. When I came here, I consulted a swiss doctor who told me my levels were a bit too high and said it has the opposite effect to that desired. He cut me back to one injection per month. I have not had any "crashes" which is what my doctor in Alabama warned about. No hair loss, but my T levels have been low ever since I had radiation treatment for prostate cancer. I was completely non-functional in that arena until I saw a doctor who put me on a Testosterone gel. within a month of using the gel every day, I started to get my function back and also decided that I would rather take injections. The gels are not available here in Thailand, but I get Testosterone Enanthate from Ocean Pharmacy and take the 250 mg vials down to a nearby clinic and get an injection for 100 baht. The price on the vials has gone up recently to 250 baht per vial. The pharmacy will sell them in small quantities. I usually get about five vials at a time. The latest batch of five cost me 1250 baht. In America, there are still many doctors who believe that testosterone causes Prostate Cancer. This thinking is based on a study in the late fifties which has since been debunked.

3 hours ago, Dart12 said:

Thank you.

Wow, she has a real website in thailand haha.

Which package do you usually choose?

After over 6 years of doing the testing every quarter, I know which specific tests I need to do and I just go "a la carte"

Here is a list just to illustrate (you should have your doctor prepare the list for you, since everyone is different).  It includes the price I pay)

Critical Tests (every quarter):

1.   Testosterone  500 baht  

2.   Estradiol (E2)  400 baht

3.   CBC (includes hematocrit) 100 baht

4.   Blood sugar (FBS)  60 baht

I just want to stress that even though I've been doing this for over 6 years, I ALWAYS forward the results to my doctor for analysis.  Being your own doctor with TRT is a real dumb thing to do IMO ????

Secondary tests (not necessarily each quarter). Note: I am into extreme sports so if I am training hard I will do the extra tests, and if I am not, I just stick to the basics, and then if my Doctor thinks something is off in the basic tests or if I tell him I'm not feeling up to snuff, he may tell me to get additional tests. 

6.   CREATININE (kidney) 80 baht

7.    BUN (kidneys)  80 baht

8.    Lipid Profiles (Cholesterol, HDL, LDL Triglyceride) 360 baht

9.    Liver Function Test (LFT) 400 baht

10.  PSA (prostate screening)  500 baht (proscar can effect PSA)

12.  Cortisol 600

13.  AST 60 THB (normal range: Males: 10 to 40 units/L

TTL Cost for all basic and secondary tests: THB 2760 = $88.38

As you may know if you have had blood tests done in the States, 3000 THB is really cheap for all of these tests!  When I lived inthe States, my insurance paid but I saw the bill one time at the lab and it was over $1300 USD ????

OPTIMAL TEST VALUES:

In most cases, the lab's range of acceptable values is pretty right on the money, but I have my own list of what I think are "optimal" values FOR ME:

* VITAMIN D3:  50 - 70 ng/dL

* HDL CHOLESTEROL: above 55 mg/dL

* LDL CHOLESTEROL:  Under 100mg/dL

* TRIGLYCERIDES TARGET: Under 100mg/d

* GLUCOSE:  70-85 mg/dL (fasting)

* Insulin: 5mg/dl (fasting)

* Total Cholesterol: 180-200mg/dL

* Total Cholesterol / HDL  Optimum Ratio = 3.5

* Target Cholesterol Ratio = 3.26

* TRIGLYCERIDES/HDL:  Under 100 mg/dL

* DHEA-s:  350-490 μg/dL

* Estradiol:  26-30 pg/mL

* Total Testosterone:  900 ng/dL

* Free Testosterone:  20-25 pg/mL

* VITAMIN B12: TARGET:  above 600 ng/dL

* IGF: 350-400

* 2-Hour Insulin Glucose Challenge Test

* Glucose:  80mg/dl (resting), not above 110-120mg/dl after 1, 2 hr checks

* Insulin: less than 5mg/dl (fasting), not above 30mg/dl after 1,2 hr checks

Talk to your doctor to make sure you are getting all the panels you might need.  It is so cheap to get tested here in Thailand, you don't want to pass by any tests that might be important.????

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

After over 6 years of doing the testing every quarter, I know which specific tests I need to do and I just go "a la carte"

Here is a list just to illustrate (you should have your doctor prepare the list for you, since everyone is different).  It includes the price I pay)

Critical Tests (every quarter):

1.   Testosterone  500 baht  

2.   Estradiol (E2)  400 baht

3.   CBC (includes hematocrit) 100 baht

4.   Blood sugar (FBS)  60 baht

I just want to stress that even though I've been doing this for over 6 years, I ALWAYS forward the results to my doctor for analysis.  Being your own doctor with TRT is a real dumb thing to do IMO ????

Secondary tests (not necessarily each quarter). Note: I am into extreme sports so if I am training hard I will do the extra tests, and if I am not, I just stick to the basics, and then if my Doctor thinks something is off in the basic tests or if I tell him I'm not feeling up to snuff, he may tell me to get additional tests. 

6.   CREATININE (kidney) 80 baht

7.    BUN (kidneys)  80 baht

8.    Lipid Profiles (Cholesterol, HDL, LDL Triglyceride) 360 baht

9.    Liver Function Test (LFT) 400 baht

10.  PSA (prostate screening)  500 baht (proscar can effect PSA)

12.  Cortisol 600

13.  AST 60 THB (normal range: Males: 10 to 40 units/L

TTL Cost for all basic and secondary tests: THB 2760 = $88.38

As you may know if you have had blood tests done in the States, 3000 THB is really cheap for all of these tests!  When I lived inthe States, my insurance paid but I saw the bill one time at the lab and it was over $1300 USD ????

OPTIMAL TEST VALUES:

In most cases, the lab's range of acceptable values is pretty right on the money, but I have my own list of what I think are "optimal" values FOR ME:

* VITAMIN D3:  50 - 70 ng/dL

* HDL CHOLESTEROL: above 55 mg/dL

* LDL CHOLESTEROL:  Under 100mg/dL

* TRIGLYCERIDES TARGET: Under 100mg/d

* GLUCOSE:  70-85 mg/dL (fasting)

* Insulin: 5mg/dl (fasting)

* Total Cholesterol: 180-200mg/dL

* Total Cholesterol / HDL  Optimum Ratio = 3.5

* Target Cholesterol Ratio = 3.26

* TRIGLYCERIDES/HDL:  Under 100 mg/dL

* DHEA-s:  350-490 μg/dL

* Estradiol:  26-30 pg/mL

* Total Testosterone:  900 ng/dL

* Free Testosterone:  20-25 pg/mL

* VITAMIN B12: TARGET:  above 600 ng/dL

* IGF: 350-400

* 2-Hour Insulin Glucose Challenge Test

* Glucose:  80mg/dl (resting), not above 110-120mg/dl after 1, 2 hr checks

* Insulin: less than 5mg/dl (fasting), not above 30mg/dl after 1,2 hr checks

Talk to your doctor to make sure you are getting all the panels you might need.  It is so cheap to get tested here in Thailand, you don't want to pass by any tests that might be important.????

Yes.  3000 is very affordable.  Thank you for all this information.  Now I have to figure out how to rolodex it for when I'm ready.  search function on asianow is worthless haha.

1 hour ago, travelli said:

Hi guys!

Does anybody know this clinic? http://www.maximumclinic.com

They are in BKK and Pattaya. Would you recommend it?

I am asking this because I would like to get some Proviron with minimum hassle.

Yep, there is already a post regarding that clinic. Sorry.

On 6/3/2022 at 12:28 AM, travelli said:

Hi guys!

Does anybody know this clinic? http://www.maximumclinic.com

They are in BKK and Pattaya. Would you recommend it?

I am asking this because I would like to get some Proviron with minimum hassle.

Can go to pharmacy next to Tim's with no hassle and less cost I'm sure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1