Thailand Road Carnage: Two drivers dead, 3 critical as 10 wheeler and pick-up collide in Sattahip

webfact

8 hours ago, mikebell said:

Eswatini is allowed public protests unlike Thailand.

'With an average of 356 traffic fatalities per year (2012 - 2019), road traffic in Eswatini is considered very dangerous.'  That equals ONE week of Thai deaths. 

Saying something by rote doesn't make it less true only that it  happens regularly.

My almost daily diatribe is aimed at Thai police and their lack of effort in bringing down daily deaths; surely you are not defending them?

Statistics! there are several statistics that are internationally available concerning Road Safety.  The one most MISUSED by the media is deaths per 100k of population.

however although this may give a general idea but it really doesn't reflect the reality very well.

in the USA stats are normally referred to in terms of deaths per 100,000 vehicles

In THAILAND, it is around 60.2 deaths per 100,000 vehicles

HOWEVER in ESWATINI it is 1667.4 deaths per vehicle!!!!

Edited by Thunglom

8 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Looks to be more side impact than head on as the reporter stated.

Do they even attend the scene or review pictures before typing up their dribble ?

Neither you nor the police are in a position to comment on the actual event of the accident. There is no proper system of police dept, to analyse accidents in Thailand and that is one of the reasons that no progress is ever made on Road Safety.

Edited by Thunglom
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, steve187 said:

RIP and a good recovery for the injured,

that's 2 nasty crashes in  few weeks on the 332 road, one at each end, both close to the 3 road, looking at the damage it doesn't look like a head on crash, hardly any damage to the front of the pick up, hard impact on drivers door and front wing.

I'd noticed that as well. I'm also puzzled about the position of the 10 wheeler. It was said that it came across the central reservation, but if that's so, it's facing the wrong direction. I can't imagine a 10 wheeler doing a 180 spin without tipping over.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thunglom said:

Neither you nor the police are in a position to comment on the actual event of the accident. There is no proper system of police dept, to analyse accidents in Thailand and that is one of the reasons that no progress is ever made on Road Safety.

Any yet some 2nd rate reporter does....

Go figure.

1 hour ago, Ralf001 said:

Any yet some 2nd rate reporter does....

Go figure.

What normally happens at a road crash in Thailand is that after the accident a group of untrained police wander around and make what is no more than an amateur assessment of what happened. They then make a premature statement to the media....usually trying to apportion "blame" in order to then take the role of the courts and "fine" various people at the scene and even include a fee for their own services.

this is the UK police procedure for a serious accident....... it involves forensic analysis of the vehicle and scene - just take a quick look and you'll see that Thailand  does NOTHING compared to this.

https://www.fcir.co.uk/timeline-of-a-road-traffic-accident-investigation

3 hours ago, Moonlover said:

I'd noticed that as well. I'm also puzzled about the position of the 10 wheeler. It was said that it came across the central reservation, but if that's so, it's facing the wrong direction. I can't imagine a 10 wheeler doing a 180 spin without tipping over.

Amateur analysis is a waste off time - the key pint is that it crossed the central reservation by then it would have blocked the pathway of any oncoming vehicle at any angle. the impact on a vehicle alt=ready out of control however large could have turned/ratated it - but as the police are incapable of professional forensic analysis of the scene it is unlikely we will ever know.

Edited by Thunglom
  • Sad 1