Thailand’s long-term ‘high potential’ resident visa fee to be halved to ฿50,000

snoop1130

2 hours ago, JimTripper said:

According to the article it seems to say for the money I only need $100k in a bank in my home country? Is that correct, or do I need the $80k income also + $100k just to cover the medical?

There will be 4 groups of people which can apply for this visa. One group is high-income earners. That group definitely must have $80,000 income for the years prior to applying. If you will be applying as a high-income earner you will need that income. $100k in bank account will not be enough.

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I was suggesting it is an alternative in the context of a question asked....

I also mentioned ED and Marriage Extension but you ignored that, so you could rant against the Elite option. Then above (quoted) you do say Elite could be a better option.... yeah, that is what I said!

Can't help some folks, better you stay home maybe. 

What you have suggested are good alternatives if you cannot have these new LTR visa. But in no way they are better if you can get them. That was my point.

If you think they are somehow better I wanted to know why you think so. And marriage extension I ignored because you cannot have that if you are single and don't plan to marry, can you?

Edited by Alldar

On 5/11/2022 at 8:47 PM, Crisu said:

No need money in thai account, no need stress every year with tje extension?

Sure, because it is so stressful. I think it is pretty easy and straight forward with immigration nowadays. But if it stresses you out, you could of course use an agent and still get a full visa/extension for cheap rather than some hiso tourist visa with all it's limitations for a huge premium.

Bypass Thailand, for a little over 100K in the bank you can get a permeant visa in Mexico. You can buy land , the whole enchilada. 

Thailand is the HUB of hype... 

Edited by garyk

4 hours ago, garyk said:

Bypass Thailand, for a little over 100K in the bank you can get a permeant visa in Mexico. You can buy land , the whole enchilada. 

Here we go again...

I tried Mexico for 6 months. Left early. Hated it.

If it was that great everyone would be there and they would not have an easy visa.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, garyk said:

Is it really a alternative? I liked the place when I was working there, but it has gone downhill a lot since, crime being one consideration. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JimTripper said:

Here we go again...

I tried Mexico for 6 months. Left early. Hated it.

If it was that great everyone would be there and they would not have an easy visa.

After living in Thailand and the area for 10+ years, Mexico and South America have grown on me. Different strokes I guess.

I don't hate Thailand, but it is so poluted I find it hard to live there.

Edited by garyk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, garyk said:

After living in Thailand and the area for 10+ years, Mexico and South America have grown on me. Different strokes I guess.

I don't hate Thailand, but it is so poluted I find it hard to live there.

You can do it, but it usually means you need to be in a "gringo ghetto". For example the lake area near Guadalahara.

That is, an enclave for foreigners, or a tourist/resort area which are much more expensive then your thinking (just shy of USA prices).

If you go native down there you are at risk of crime/kidnapping if you don't have contacts in the area. For example, there are bandits blocking the roads and highways between cities, you get robbed. They will stop a bus going through and are organized. They will stop everybody going through, not just one car or at night etc.

They also have automatic weapons and you can get killed, unlike most of asia where you are merely scammed or tricked.

It's not like Thailand where you can live with the locals and be Ok as long as you don't cause trouble.

Lots of people retire there, they just hole up in a safe area and fly out from the nearby airport etc. Or they live in a resort area like Cabo or Puerto Vallarta which are protected from trouble by the tourism interests.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Like 1