What is the least restrictive mask you have found?

ricklev

When I am outside I want to conform to mask wearing even though I know it is not needed.  Hence I have been wearing these very cheap (20 baht per box of 50) black 3 ply masks, but I cut out the first two layers.  

However, I have been having some throat problems and it occurs to me that two years of too cheap masks might be related.  I run around Lumpini Park wearing them.

Any suggestions for masks that fulfill the role of looking like a mask but allow relatively free breaths?

• Sad 1

I was under the impression that the Min of Sport or whatever claimed vigorous exercise, like running,  whilst wearing a mask is hazardous. Hang anything under your chin if worried. 

Edited by VocalNeal

Try Japanese Pitta masks (can be difficult to find original ones). They are very breathable (made from spongy material) and you can wash them, so a pack of 3 masks can be used for 1-3 months.

(they don't offer any anit-viral protection tho, only anti-dust/pollen)

Edited by clearance
  • Like 1

You don't need and shouldn't be wearing a mask when exercising.  I wear a simple Halloween mask.  1 is a Freddy mask, the other is my dog bonding mask.  Low restriction and can blow out a candle with it on.  Weave polyester, can still get a bit warm, but easily breathe in / out with it on.  Added plus of scaring kids with the Freddy mask.

image.png.8244d7e6f2bb066b4bef2c419ea454a3.png

155392305_4009727109057799_1540039736392258709_nDN.jpg

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, clearance said:

Try Japanese Pitta masks (can be difficult to find original ones). They are very breathable (made from spongy material) and you can wash them, so a pack of 3 masks can be used for 1-3 months.

is what ive used since day 1......black foam and washable.....i get em for 30 bt each   super lightweight....cant say for sure how protective it is..but comfy and reusable==stretchy too

I run regularly wearing one of those 'washable' GQ masks from 7-11, but I use a plastic frame inside to keep the mask off my face (many types available on Lazada).

On longer runs any mask will get damp and stick to your mouth, causing that 'waterboarding' effect, and paper masks are particularly bad for this.  I find the GQ cloth mask plus the inner plastic guard works well when running.

4 hours ago, ricklev said:

However, I have been having some throat problems and it occurs to me that two years of too cheap masks might be related.  I run around Lumpini Park wearing them.

I seriously doubt the quality of cheap maks and also running with masks on not recommended. 

3 hours ago, clearance said:

Thanks. Where do you buy them?

While searching for pitta mask (on LAZ btw), a link on their effectiveness came up.  Now seeing them, and realizing so many people do wear.  Hope they don't think they actually do anything.

Not that I'm firm believer any mask is effective against a virus, and that is just my opinion, not based on any fact, and many will disagree with me.

Buy the Pitta mask, for style & comfort only, as not very effective, for much of anything:

https://smartairfilters.com/en/blog/pitta-masks-protect-capture-coronavirus-virus/

"Pitta masks can capture large pollen particles and are stylish to boot! However, they are completely ineffective against 0.3-micron particles.

This means they do a very poor job of capturing the coronavirus or any other virus for that matter. A far more effective and affordable solution to filter out viruses such as the coronavirus would be to use any of one of the high-scoring, scientifically validated masks."

Edited by KhunLA