Kasikorn Bank - Keeping your account active without OTP (sms)

1 hour ago, The Fugitive said:

The OP stated 'and the restriction for receiving an sms on a Thai number is no longer required'.

Mnnn - Apologies, I can see that there is still some room needed for clarification...

If you are struggling to keep your Kasikorn online account active while overseas because you did not have a Thai mobile but have a 2nd Kasikorn account a previous restriction has been lifted. Kasikorn have introduced a new user interface and the restriction for receiving an sms on a Thai number is no longer required - But only IF the transfer is into an existing personal Kasikorn account.

This does not mean that OTP requirement has been removed for any other type of Kasokorn account transfer.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, spambot said:

Mnnn - Apologies, I can see that there is still some room needed for clarification...

If you are struggling to keep your Kasikorn online account active while overseas because you did not have a Thai mobile but have a 2nd Kasikorn account a previous restriction has been lifted. Kasikorn have introduced a new user interface and the restriction for receiving an sms on a Thai number is no longer required - But only IF the transfer is into an existing personal Kasikorn account.

This does not mean that OTP requirement has been removed for any other type of Kasokorn account transfer.

Thank you very much for your clarification.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spambot said:

An OTP required for a new payee, Yes, but an OTP for transfer into an existing personal Kasikorn accounts, No.

And that's not new? Same for Bangkok Bank and I think also SCB.

If you want to be a good boy just top-up some Thai mobile phone with 20 Baht or so.

Also possible without SMS after having been "installed".