Thai Airways - Changing Dates

(Please note that the symbol * represents the letter between E and G  due to bad keyboard) ????

I have seats booked on Thai TG510 on 18 MAY 2022 but need to change my dates.

I have tried the Thai on-line Manage your *lights page using 'Modi*y *lights' but the only alternatives seen are ON THE SAME DAY!

I have tried phoning the Thai Inter in BKK but gave up a*etr queuing 30 minutes and sent an e-mail which has been acknowledged but not yet answered. The o**ice is not open Sat, Sun and Public Holidays so next Tuesday 17 ay earliest, Better than London where it is not manned at all!

Can anyone suggest how this might be done on-line or will I need to let the current reservations die, book new lights with new payment and reclaim on original? My ticket Class is V.

Edited by metisdead
ALL CAPS removed from topic title.

1 hour ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Please note that the symbol * represents the letter between E and G  due to bad keyboard)

Off-topic I know, but if you are using Windows you could use Character Map and copy/paste the letters into your text.

Capture.JPG.7a87c08133d9718a60109e3d21bb5a36.JPG

1 hour ago, Jai Dee said:

Off-topic I know, but if you are using Windows you could use Character Map and copy/paste the letters into your text.

Capture.JPG.7a87c08133d9718a60109e3d21bb5a36.JPG

Thanks, I shall give that a try. I can always use my tablet PC but like the desktop more.

• Like 1

Office (tel no 02 356 1111) is open 24x7. 

Also try business class no 02 356 1188, which was 24x7 prior to COVID, then not available at the peak of COVID. Today I called this no and spoke to someone in 2-3 minutes.  

13 hours ago, rimmae2 said:

Office (tel no 02 356 1111) is open 24x7. 

Also try business class no 02 356 1188, which was 24x7 prior to COVID, then not available at the peak of COVID. Today I called this no and spoke to someone in 2-3 minutes.  

The 1111 number is the only one shown available in BKK and I queued over 30 minutes be*ore giving in.

Thanks or the alternate number which I have noted and will try on Tuesday next, What a way to run and International airline!

I have a sense that I will have to scrap this leg and buy new tickets

3 hours ago, rimmae2 said:

Call another office such as Chiang Mai. Think laterally.

The only Thai Airlines Office available in country is that in Bangkok.

just to clear this thread. I have found how to change light dates using the Thai website but it could be clearer. There is a small extra cost involved but the 'preferred' seats that I bought and paid for are 'lost' no refund ????

Thanks or your inputs gentlemen.

9 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

The 1111 number is the only one shown available in BKK and I queued over 30 minutes be*ore giving in.

Thanks or the alternate number which I have noted and will try on Tuesday next, What a way to run and International airline!

Good that you managed to change on line. Thai Airways Nos 02356111 and 023561188 have definitely been available all day today, as one of my friends was working answering calls on the latter. You could have called Chiang Mai or another office and by speaking a sympathetic member of staff may have agreed to keep the preferred seats if you had a good reason. No harm in trying now by calling.

Thanks rimmae2

They have a policy that they cannot transfer preferred seats between flights. Worse, you cannot claim the original payment back! 

The cost of changing flights is GBP 42 and the cost of new preferred seats on the new flight is GBP 156. Couple that with the loss of GBP 146 for the original preferred seats and changing flights becomes expensive.

The only reason we flew in on Thai was the Thai Pass requirement for a direct flight, in my case LON to BKK.

Lesson learned, don't book preferred seats for the return leg in advance unless certain you will be on that flight! ????