Mock orange shrub - fruit encouragment

I have one of those small  orange tree/ shrubs in a pot in my garden. The blossom was night scented blossom and strong at full moon. It has dozens of green unripe fruits. Should I remove some to encourage the remaining fruits to ripen as I do with my fig tree?

You can thin the fruit where they are tightly clustered and that may help.  But there is more to it than that.  Plant health and fruit development has everything do with soil fertility and water management.  Plants in pots are challenged due to limited soil volume and restricted root expansion, deficiencies in potting soil, and sometimes either poor drainage and root rot, or the opposite, rapid drainage, poor moisture retention and leaching of nutrients. If containerized plants are not re-potted every couple of years, into a slightly larger container with new soil mix, they can become root-bound and unable to take up water and nutrients adequately.  At the minimum, fertilize with slow release COF (complete organic fertilizer) and maybe buy a soil moisture meter to take the guess-work out of watering, not too much or too little. 

4 hours ago, drtreelove said:

You can thin the fruit where they are tightly clustered and that may help.  But there is more to it than that.  Plant health and fruit development has everything do with soil fertility and water management.  Plants in pots are challenged due to limited soil volume and restricted root expansion, deficiencies in potting soil, and sometimes either poor drainage and root rot, or the opposite, rapid drainage, poor moisture retention and leaching of nutrients. If containerized plants are not re-potted every couple of years, into a slightly larger container with new soil mix, they can become root-bound and unable to take up water and nutrients adequately.  At the minimum, fertilize with slow release COF (complete organic fertilizer) and maybe buy a soil moisture meter to take the guess-work out of watering, not too much or too little. 

Thanks Got it. A bit of thinning out is coming on