Thailand Pass Turnaround Time?

Hey all, I'm going to be applying for my Thailand Pass today, entry mid-July.

Have vaccination certificate, passport and insurance papers in jpeg format.

Once the info is entered into the system, about how long does it take to begin processing?

When should I expect a confirmation email, and then how long to get the pass?

You are applying way to early. Best to wait until early July since the requirements  could change or it may not be required then.

It is advertised as a 48 hour turnaround for one at this time.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

, I'm going to be applying for my Thailand Pass today, entry mid-July

Most likely TP not required by the time of your travel. 

Some suggest may be gone by June 1.

Thinking more like July 1. 

• Like 2

Based on my experience of applying for (and subsequently obtaining) a Thailand Pass the week before last, you won't be able to submit your application until 60 days before your planned (re-)entry date into Thailand at the earliest. This could even be now depending on what specific date you mean by a "mid-July" one.

And I actually received my approval only 6 hours after submitting the application. This took the form of an email to which was attached a PDF (yes, PDF, bearing in mind their insistence on JPEG attachments!) doc including a Thailand Pass QR code.

All in all I have found the Thailand Pass process to be quite smooth ever since the ridiculous "Test & Go" requirement has been scrapped, and certainly in stark contrast to the bureaucratic nonsense facing me in order to be able to enter France. This consists of completing 3 separate forms each more or less saying the same bloody thing!????

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 2

*update*

I will be flying in on July 11th.

I finished my application about ten minutes ago.  Super easy to apply.  All the jpeg documents were accepted/uploaded.  I have received an email stating that the Thailand Pass system has received my registration.

The email says i can log in to check status or edit information.  I tried to log on to check, but get a message "the information is not registered."  I assume it will take a few hours to process and update.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, NoDisplayName said:

I will be flying in on July 11th.

I finished my application about ten minutes ago.  Super easy to apply.

Good that it was easy.

Thinking you will find TP not required by July 11.

Here is current thread from news forum. 

Edited by DrJack54

As has been mentioned by all the good members, the TP will probably be history by July. My experience was similar-  it only took about 9 hours to be verified / approved.

Edited by formanth
words
  • Like 1

OK, so i scanned the code, then opened the link.

Got "verification in progress", then opened a CAAT DGA page with the Thai Pass information.

Certificate Status = Valid

Status = Approved

I'll check again at least a week before the flight assuming Thai Pass is still required.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OJAS said:

So how do we scan a QR code, please? Does it require some new app to be downloaded on to a smartphone? 

Any app that scans QRs will do. I use the Line app which most people hete have. Go to add contact, click on QR and point.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Double check this tomorrow (if you have not already received a Thailand Pass QR code). As it is not unknown for applications, even though confirmed, to later vanish from the system -- I have had it happen.

Also, once you get QR code, scan it to be sure its says Accepted or Confirmed (I forget the exact wording). And do that again shortly before your trip. It happened in my family that the code actually said "Rejected",  or had at some point changed to say this, and we discovered it only at the airport and you can imagine what a problem that was. I'm told that occurs in only 1 case in 100 but that is no comfort if it happens to you. So scan the QR.

Indeed the Pass might not be needed come July but there is no assurrance on this. For those who already hold year round insurance there is no cost or down side to applying up to 60 days ahead of time. This who would be buying insurance solely to meet Pass requirements I would advise to wait until 2-3 weeks before the planned trip.

Interesting, thanks for the tip.  Just scanned mine to be sure, all good.

Similar experience to others on timing.  I am going to the UK for a quick trip so did my TP late Friday afternoon.  Very simple.  Received my approval by email early the next morning.  Really not the big deal so many posters make it out to be.

They then emailed a survey so I completed that and gave my feedback that you really should be able to upload PDFs.   If they are genuinely following up with the surveys it is good that they are seeking feedback to improve.

I also expect the whole TP thing to be gone soon anyway.

Edited by josephbloggs
  • Like 2

This means everyone will be required to have a smartphone in order to enter Thailand right, since QR codes are mandatory?

What about old-fashioned people who don't use phones? Even right up to early 2020, no immigration officers anywhere in the world would even care if you had a smartphone or not.

This means forcing phoneless elderly relatives and friends to use smartphones if they want to visit Thailand and having to budget around $100 more to get phones for them.

And what happens if you have a laptop but no phone, or if your phone runs out of batteries and you have no power bank?

Edited by RamenRaven
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, OJAS said:

So how do we scan a QR code, please? Does it require some new app to be downloaded on to a smartphone? 

Open Google Play, which is a sideways triangle icon. Type "QR" or "QR scanner."

You can check online sites too if you want to have an idea of what kinds of QR scanner apps are out there.

https://uqr.me/best-qr-code-readers/

You can also ask people around you to help out with various steps of these confusing procedures.

1 hour ago, RamenRaven said:

This means everyone will be required to have a smartphone in order to enter Thailand right, since QR codes are mandatory?

What about old-fashioned people who don't use phones? Even right up to early 2020, no immigration officers anywhere in the world would even care if you had a smartphone or not.

This means forcing phoneless elderly relatives and friends to use smartphones if they want to visit Thailand and having to budget around $100 more to get phones for them.

And what happens if you have a laptop but no phone, or if your phone runs out of batteries and you have no power bank?

No one is forcing anyone to use anything.  You don't need a smartphone at all, but you do need a computer to do the application.

Proof of vaccination can be the paper certificate they give you when you get your vaccine (which you can upload on to Thai Pass when you apply).  They then email you an approval with a QR code.  You are free to print this out and carry it with you - the immigration officer can scan a printed QR code just as well as one on a phone screen.  Print it out, carry the paper with you.

Simple.

• Thanks 1

6 hours.   Not even checked pre flight though.   Kind of checked at the connection point by Austrian Airlines (without looking at my passport) so I could have just been flashing a Thailand Pass image.   

16 hours ago, RamenRaven said:

No one is required to have a smartphone.

The only QR code that is mandatory is the one you will receive in your Thailand Pass.  It will be scanned at check in and again when you arrive You do not have to scan it ever, but I advise it just to make sure it is not one of those rare cases where it does nto show as approved.

3 hours ago, Sheryl said:

No one is required to have a smartphone.

The only QR code that is mandatory is the one you will receive in your Thailand Pass.  It will be scanned at check in and again when you arrive You do not have to scan it ever, but I advise it just to make sure it is not one of those rare cases where it does nto show as approved.

Is there no longer a requirement to download the morchana app on arrival?

I was wondering how that would work if my foreign SIM doesn't work in Thailand.

1 minute ago, NoDisplayName said:

Previously it was the Test&Go hotel which checked if you had Mor Chana downloaded (and could use the hotels Wifi). 

As of 1st May there is no Test&Go for vaccinated arrivals, no one at the airport checks that Mor Chana has been downloaded.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

That requirement was not usually enforced.

I have come in 3 times now on TP, never even mentioned

20 hours ago, RamenRaven said:

In some ‘other countries’ you simply wouldn’t be permitted entry - it's that simple. The rules are hard and inflexible. 

Example: Qatar: IF going into Qatar (and not transiting) when you exit the plane and go through the first MoPH check you have to show that you have the Etehraz App downloaded and is functioning. 

- If your phone has not battery, you’ll have to charge your phone at that point. 

- If you don’t have a phone you have to buy one there and then.

- If you can’t, you are refused entry. 

There is no flexibility, anyone would be a food to try and enter without knowing the rules. 

Thailand is a lot more tolerant and enables people to ignore the rules...  this creates a massive ‘what if’ grey area - but the reality is no one checks the Mor Chana App or if someone has a smart phone because the ‘what if’ grey area is too difficult and takes too much effort for authorities to deal with, so they simply side step and ignore any of these issues. 

No phone = no problem.

No Battery = no problem. 

Only a Laptop = no problem. 

This was a bigger potential problem right at the very beginning in 2020 when fewer numbers were entering and doing so under CoE, there were more checks and tighter controls, but even then there were plenty of reports of people not having the ‘Apps’ checked in their phones (there were also different Apps for arrival in BKK or Phuket which confused things further).....   

It was clearly too much effort and hassle to check whether everyone had the App so the idea kind of ’slid into the background’ but the requirement remained documented.

In the end it was only the Quarantine / Sandbox / Test&Go hotels which checked, and even then, not all of them did. 

Edited by richard_smith237

19 hours ago, Heng said:

6 hours.   Not even checked pre flight though.   Kind of checked at the connection point by Austrian Airlines (without looking at my passport) so I could have just been flashing a Thailand Pass image.   

I would warn people though that many check in agents DO check, and thoroughly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sheryl said:

I would warn people though that many check in agents DO check, and thoroughly.

Indeed.... 

I have been ‘slightly delayed’ twice...... 

1) In September last year, Check-in Staff didn’t like the exact wording on my Insurance Certificate (I’d already entered with the same certificate twice in the months before hand) - they had to push the issue up their chain before I was allowed to check-in *(a 30 min delay).

2) In March this year, Check-in Staff wanted to see 5 Days of Quarantine booking. Airline staff misunderstood the rules, there was previously Day 1 and Day 5 Test&Go (and this was after Day 5 T&G requirement had been removed). Phone calls were made and airline staff recognised that there was no requirement for 5 days of quarantine, but still wanted to see a Day 1 AND a Day 5 Test&Go booking, they wouldn’t acknowledge the recent rule change (remove of Day 5 T&G)... Fortunately, I still a print out of my Day 5 T&G booking (which had been cancelled but they didn’t know that), so after checking ALL documents in great detail I was allowed to check-in....   

On each and every time I’ve checked in for a flight to Thailand over the past 2 years (under CoE, SandBox or T&G entries) the Airline-Check-In Staff have been incredibly detailed in their documentation checks. 

Just read everything I sure do hope some are correct soon we might hear something that it might be gone TP?  I read this Friday they are having another meeting?

I've jumped out of airplanes last time 60,  cycle a number of times from Pattaya to Bangkok but I'm scare <deleted> to attempt all the stuff prior for Thailand Pass, but I'm getting closer need to go back to the states for a few weeks schedule now is maybe July 10-24, depending of flights and accommodations so I'm crossing my fingers it is GONE!

If not with what is left can I do it prior to leaving and get authorization since back in the States I will need to have phone internet or laptop?  Crossing my finger even praying to God!  I need all the help I can get.????

• Thanks 1

Just for reference - applied for Thailand Pass at 11.27 am May 16 and received approval via email at 12.18 pm May 16. - 51 mins later ! Email included the QR code to be either printed out or used in the phone. Hope this helps. 

• Thanks 1