Thailand Pass Turnaround Time?

20 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Just read everything I sure do hope some are correct soon we might hear something that it might be gone TP?  I read this Friday they are having another meeting?

I've jumped out of airplanes last time 60,  cycle a number of times from Pattaya to Bangkok but I'm scare <deleted> to attempt all the stuff prior for Thailand Pass, but I'm getting closer need to go back to the states for a few weeks schedule now is maybe July 10-24, depending of flights and accommodations so I'm crossing my fingers it is GONE!

If not with what is left can I do it prior to leaving and get authorization since back in the States I will need to have phone internet or laptop?  Crossing my finger even praying to God!  I need all the help I can get.????

You can do it before you leave Thailand if you will return not more than 60 days later.  (If indeed it is still necessary come July).

• Thanks 1

On 5/16/2022 at 12:52 PM, Sheryl said:

I would warn people though that many check in agents DO check, and thoroughly.

Of course.  I wasn't suggesting to skip it.  Just IME.   

8 hours ago, Sheryl said:

You can do it before you leave Thailand if you will return not more than 60 days later.  (If indeed it is still necessary come July).

Thanks I'm crossing my fingers hopefully hear some final good news this Friday when they have their meeting.

I just got mine by email for early June arrival with QR code and option for Apple wallet, waited about 12 hours, gives you a 14 day window to arrive. Application is allowing pdf as well now...... double checked on QR code showing 'Status Approved'.....

Edited by CANSIAM

I would caution that TP approvals for non-vaccinated are apt to take longer as hotel booking  (inclusive of tests and transport) are still required, and this entails an additional verification step in the approval process and seems to be where things sometimes went amiss in the past. It is the removal of this step for vaccinated people that has sped things up.

As of a week or two ago it was also taking much longer to get approvals for land entries, for some reason. I don't know if that is still the case.

On 5/16/2022 at 12:51 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Example: Qatar: IF going into Qatar (and not transiting) when you exit the plane and go through the first MoPH check you have to show that you have the Etehraz App downloaded and is functioning. 

- If your phone has not battery, you’ll have to charge your phone at that point. 

- If you don’t have a phone you have to buy one there and then.

- If you can’t, you are refused entry. 

There is no flexibility, anyone would be a food to try and enter without knowing the rules. 

Sounds like fun and games for the World Cup then if this bureaucratic nonsense is still around in 6 months' time!