Totally Confused by Insurance requirement for Thailand pass

44 minutes ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

If you wish to actually use the FWD policy it does need to be purchased 14 days before start date, OR you will need to have a RT-PCR test 72 hours before the start date.

Thank you for confirming what I have been saying all the time. This directly contradicts the information in the email in the other thread, however it very probable that the answer was to an incorrectly phrased question.

The only difference is that people are being allowed entry to Thailand using an insurance policy that is not active.

This is a significant oversight on the part of the immigration police 

What about expats who already have annual health insurance from companies like BUPA and AXA?

My insurance costs me about 20,000 per year. I'm not sure exactly how much is covered, but it would be accepted for the Thailand Pass in case I want to fly in and out of the country right?

Edited by RamenRaven

3 hours ago, RamenRaven said:

What about expats who already have annual health insurance from companies like BUPA and AXA?

My insurance costs me about 20,000 per year. I'm not sure exactly how much is covered, but it should be accepted for the Thailand Pass in case I want to fly in and out of the country right?

No problem at all using your existing health insurance but you may need a letter or certificate from the insurer stating you are covered  in Thailand for x and that this includes COVID.

I have used my existing normal health insurance for entry multiple times.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

No 0roblem at all using your existing health insurance but you may need a letter or certificate from the insurer stating you are covered  in Thailand for x and that this includes COVID.

I have used my existing normal health insurance for entry multiple times.

How would you typically get that letter or certificate from the insurance company? Give them a call and they'll email you something, or the usual Thai bureaucracy with some actual visits and signatures on a few paper documents?

Edited by RamenRaven

30 minutes ago, RamenRaven said:

How would you typically get that letter or certificate from the insurance company? Give them a call and they'll email you something, or the usual Thai bureaucracy with some actual visits and signatures on a few paper documents?

You would typically call the insurance company.

Some companies will happily issue a document stating that the amounts required by Thai rules specifically covering inpatient and outpatient minimums for COVID-19.

Other companies will refuse, and though the cover is significantly in excess of the requirements you will have problems using that policy. There is at least 1 documented case of a traveler having to purchase a policy that specifically covers COVID-19.

generally no in person visit is required.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RamenRaven said:

Well in my case, since I used a broker (always recommended) , the broker got it for me.

As it sounds like you got yours directly, call them.

On 5/14/2022 at 2:23 PM, NanLaew said:

Do Immigration officers want to see insurance documentation? I thought that was checked before you got to the Immigration halls. If TP accepts the proof of insurance and you get the approval QR code, you're free to get on the plane, no?

I came back last October and every Tom, Dick and Harry wanted to see the insurance, except the immigration officer.