Covid extension in May?

1 hour ago, ChomDo said:

went to do it yesterday at CW and they have now changed to a devious system. Seems like they're taking the <deleted> with this but you can still get it. Just need to go to immi 2 times which is really nonsense.

Under consideration period for covid extensions has been the norm at many/most offices.

Some folk elect to use agent to avoid this requirement. 

19 hours ago, RedReding said:

Just thought that I rather not be in the system as someone with "covid extensions" as I want to stay in Chiang Mai long term in the future. This is the only reason really. I was already stuck in Laos for 2 years before being back in Chiang Mai now so I have a lot of "covid extension stamps" from Laos in my passport as well. Not sure if immigration likes that either even though it has no relation with Thailand directly.

Stop me If my reasoning makes no sense. 

Your reason makes no sense. Makes no difference if you have  covid extensions,they are there too be used. Use them while you still can. 

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Under consideration period for covid extensions has been the norm at many/most offices.

Some folk elect to use agent to avoid this requirement. 

Ok I didn't know that so it came as a surprise. Just seems very senseless considering that the friendly officer at CW told me that it just needs to be confirmed in 3 weeks time but it's 100% guaranteed already – just a change in process. So just for that, need to spend another day at the immigration (with the insane traffic in that area, it's a 1-1.5 hrs drive per way for me). Oh well, this is my last one anyway since I'll be heading back to Europe for the summer. 

Is a border run doable at this point to say chiang khong? Has anyone been up there? Im talking enter lao then turning around 20 min later back into thailand. Do they bother testing or doing anything?

25 minutes ago, at15 said:

Do they bother testing or doing anything?

Reentry from anywhere would require Thailand Pass also covid insurance 10k cover.

No Test or quarantine if fully vaccinated.

The requirements are in MANY threads AseanNow.

14 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Reentry from anywhere would require Thailand Pass also covid insurance 10k cover.

No Test or quarantine if fully vaccinated.

The requirements are in MANY threads AseanNow.

Yes for international airports. But in my experience borders are more fluid situation. How to get a test in the middle of nowhere?

Edited by at15

16 minutes ago, at15 said:

Yes for international airports. But in my experience borders are more fluid situation. How to get a test in the middle of nowhere?

What do you mean "borders are more fluid situation"

I advised to reenter Thailand at a border you will require a TP and covid insurance.

No quarantine or test if fully vaccinated.

Which part don't you understand? 

On 5/16/2022 at 2:44 PM, ThaiVisaCentre said:

This is possible as well, but it would be hard for them to fully open up nightlife, and remove all entry requirements with an extended state of emergency as they are pushing to consider covid as endemic. I find it hard to believe that they will consider covid as endemic, and be in a state of emergency simultaneously. It's also possible this is the last time they extend it because there is still a small window where state of emergency will still be active.

We still advise to apply soon if your intention is to get one of these extensions to avoid a negative outcome, there is another meeting on May 20th which will talk about further reductions of entry restrictions.

We will have to wait, and see.

Thanks. I applied and got the consideration stamp and must return on 30-May.

Regarding the program possibly ending, there is one other thing that may tilt the balance towards the program continuing: The Ukraine conflict. 

The few thousand Russian and Ukrainian tourist still stuck here were accommodated under the same order as the Covid extension program, instead of creating a separate  "Ukraine Conflict extension" just for their unique situation. 

So...if that covid program order is ended, they will have effectively also created a problem for the Russians/Ukrainians who might need to continue being here to weather the storm so to speak.  

This is of course, conjecture. But they cannot screw the covid stayers without also screwing the Russians/Ukrainians in the process.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

Thanks. I applied and got the consideration stamp and must return on 30-May.

Regarding the program possibly ending, there is one other thing that may tilt the balance towards the program continuing: The Ukraine conflict. 

The few thousand Russian and Ukrainian tourist still stuck here were accommodated under the same order as the Covid extension program, instead of creating a separate  "Ukraine Conflict extension" just for their unique situation. 

So...if that covid program order is ended, they will have effectively also created a problem for the Russians/Ukrainians who might need to continue being here to weather the storm so to speak.  

This is of course, conjecture. But they cannot screw the covid stayers without also screwing the Russians/Ukrainians in the process.

There is an extension option which can be used by the Russians, and Ukrainians.

It is a 30 day extension based on embassy letter under war situation, and they can keep extending as long as the embassy continues to issue the required letter for them.

This option has been rarely used as the covid extensions have been easier to get, and in some provinces you get a full 60 days.

Edited by ThaiVisaCentre

24 minutes ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

There is an extension option which can be used by the Russians, and Ukrainians.

It is a 30 day extension based on embassy letter under war situation, and they can keep extending as long as the embassy continues to issue the required letter for them.

This option has been rarely used as the covid extensions have been easier to get, and in some provinces you get a full 60 days.

Thanks. Did not know that. Well, that's  1900thb for 30 days or 1900thb for 60 days.  It's already painful for holders if rubles.  It's twice expensive(painful) if you have to pay every 30 days.  If I were Russian, I would hope they don't end covid extension.

• Like 1

After the CCSA meeting today, the emergency decree has been extended to 31-July.  We will see next week if that translates to a further extension to the police order authorizing the covid extension program.

Edited by audaciousnomad
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/19/2022 at 2:47 PM, audaciousnomad said:

Thanks. Did not know that. Well, that's  1900thb for 30 days or 1900thb for 60 days.  It's already painful for holders if rubles.  It's twice expensive(painful) if you have to pay every 30 days.  If I were Russian, I would hope they don't end covid extension.

Strangely enough the Russian ruble seems to  have recoverd and is at a 5 year high against the baht.

14 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Let´s hope not! It´s time people stand on their own legs.

Hahahahahaha - Live & let live brother - Let's show some support to those that require Covid Extensions to remain here ????

• Like 2